Review by ShareTheGift -- Superhighway by Alex Fayman

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ShareTheGift
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharethegift.html
Latest Review: Will of The Hill by Marshall Cobb

Review by ShareTheGift -- Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by ShareTheGift »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Since the invention of the Internet people have been traveling through cyberspace, but never in the way revealed by Alex Fayman in his book Superhighway! Alex Fayman gives readers the opportunity to travel along with his main character Alex as he navigates the Information Superhighway in a new and exciting way!

This book is a coming of age story with a very interesting twist. Alex Fine, a boy who has lived in an orphanage from birth to age 18, gets to celebrate a newly acquired adulthood in a way no others can. Alex Fine has discovered that he can travel into the information superhighway by manipulating any computer connected to the internet. He finds that not only can he travel to other physical locations this way, but he can gain access to information that is stored in internet files. Alex attempts to use both the ability to travel and the information he discovers as an opportunity to be a modern-day Robin Hood, if he can pull it off. Alex’s personal mission becomes attempting to help the less fortunate by taking funds from and inflicting some social justice to rich individuals who are unscrupulous criminals. He meets interesting characters along the way and seems to have unlimited potential due to his discovery. Along the way he discovers danger, intrigue, and his true self.

I liked this book because the writer gives an electrifying description of not only Alex’s physical experience in navigating the journey through cyberspace but provides very detailed descriptions of his surroundings and feelings on his journeys. He created an ideal circumstance for an individual to pursue a noble cause and eliminated roadblocks such as lack of money or not being able to be in the right place at the right time to make a difference. His character descriptions are interesting and developed, and he has created characters that offer opportunities for Alex to experience feelings and circumstances he has not yet encountered in his young years. Just like any other 18-year-old, Alex actions are sometimes immature, and readers are given the opportunity to see him grow throughout the book.

The book was very easy to read due to the fast pace, detailed descriptions, and lack of errors encountered. It brought me so far into the story and engaged that I was able to read the book in only a few days. There was nothing that detracted from the story line and everything mentioned in the book earlier on was later encountered in the story so there were no loose ends. I would recommend this book to individuals who are interested in action, adventure, fantasy, computers, and coming of age stories. Those interested in how it might feel to be an 18-year-old with access to money and travel will particularly like this novel. Some adult situations will be encountered as well.

I rated Superhighway 4 out of 4 stars because it was an extremely fast paced read with a very interesting and exciting story line. The writer engaged this reader so much that before even writing the review I downloaded the second book in the series!

Superhighway
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords

Like ShareTheGift's review? Post a comment saying so!
dtb
Currently Reading: A Darker Shade of Magic
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dtb.html
Latest Review: Four Funny Potatoes! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by dtb »

I am still deciding if I will read the second book in this series. I read (and reviewed) this book and was pretty frustrated by Alex.

Thanks for a great review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”