Official Review: Immortal' Requiem by Vincent Bobbe

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
amyreindlarts
Currently Reading: Dark Life
Bookshelf Size: 2

Re: Official Review: Immortal' Requiem by Vincent Bobbe

Post by amyreindlarts »

The highest recommendation I know of is to hear the words “book hangover.” When a book can stay with you, that’s a great book. I enjoy complicated stories when they are written well. I look forward to reading the multiple points of view, knowing I will recognize each inner voice.
ccrews0408
Currently Reading: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ccrews0408.html
Latest Review: From Hill Town to Strieby by Margo Lee Williams

Post by ccrews0408 »

Great review! This book seems imaginative and wonderfully written.
Snowflake
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-snowflake.html
Latest Review: Don't Think Twice by Barbara Schoichet

Post by Snowflake »

Thanks for your review. It sounds like you truly loved this intricate fantasy novel. I appreciate your warnings about the violence though. I get that the scenes of violence are integral to the story but I really do not enjoy reading about such violence as you describe.
peace starts with a smile...
Shrabastee Chakraborty
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 1153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee-chakraborty.html
Latest Review: The Infinite Passion of Life by D.J. Paolini

Post by Shrabastee Chakraborty »

The way you keep gushing about this book in your review makes me want to pick this right now! As a big fan of fantasy, this might just be my book! I will be delighted to meet all these imaginary beings and embark on the adventures with them. From the example you cited, the description sounds dreamy. Thanks for the wonderful review, really appreciated!
Last edited by Shrabastee Chakraborty on 03 Jul 2018, 21:52, edited 2 times in total.
kate_nguyen
Currently Reading: Alexis Zorba
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kate-nguyen.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by kate_nguyen »

I'm waiting for a hangover book too, this sounds like a great read. Fantasy, violence and romance are excellent ingredients for a book. Congrats on being BOTD!
jennyd2003
Currently Reading: Kind Nepenthe
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennyd2003.html
Latest Review: The Witch of Endor by RK Wheeler

Post by jennyd2003 »

Good review. I think I'll skip this one only because I get easily attached and cry when my characters I love die. I may come back to it on a better day but not while I'm exhausted and down. Sounds like a really great book.
KFree_Reads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfree-reads.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by KFree_Reads »

Nice review! Unfortunately this is not my cup of tea.
Deboadefisan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Deboadefisan »

The reviewers 5 star rating of Immortals Requiem makes me very hungry to read the book. I am already thinking how Zombies, dead 2000 years ago can return to life to induce violence with huge collateral damage?
The authors is reputedly a connoisseur of words,able to satisfy my prosaic quest. I am eager to read this!
Fixnwrtr
Currently Reading: Murder by Misrule
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Fixnwrtr »

I sampled the book. There is a lot in it and some of it is modern and some of it is not. Definitely a lot of collateral damage in the murder and violence is not strictly a guy thing. There are women who are equally steeped in blood and not afraid of breaking a nail. This is fantasy of the dark and dangerous type and stands millennia. Interesting review, well-written, and clearly in love. I will definitely read more of the sample and might even go back to the beginning to find out how it started and how it will end.
Mercelle
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 10262">The Wisdom and Peace of the Teachings of the Tao Te Ching</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercelle.html
Latest Review: The Future of Finance and Money by K. Braeden Anderson

Post by Mercelle »

As much as I love a well-written story, the names of the characters in this book put me off. If I decide to read it, it will be out of a thirst for the author's wonderfully descriptive phrases, plus the high rating awarded.
"The minimum requirement for a dream is a safe place to lay your head."
~OluTimehin Adegbeye
ReyvrexQuestor Reyes
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Raven's Peak</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 299
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reyvrexquestor-reyes.html
Latest Review: Journey by Lindsay Schuster
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by ReyvrexQuestor Reyes »

The Immortal' Requiem-- I don't know if there should be an "s" after "Immortal" to make it in the possessive case, or none, but if an immortal should have a requiem, then the title is a catchy oxymoron. It could draw better attention this way. The novel is remarkable, in terms of setting and characters. Thanks to your intriguing review. It piqued my interest.

Note: The title Immortal' Requiem was only a typographical error in the Review heading. Upon seeing the book cover, I saw the title is really Immortals' Requiem.
Last edited by ReyvrexQuestor Reyes on 03 Jul 2018, 22:27, edited 2 times in total.
"In the beginning was the word.........John 1:1"
...To delineate the times that lovers miss,
...A thousand dreams can't beat a single kiss.

-reyvrex (Love Sonnet 107)
ashpres12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashpres12.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by ashpres12 »

Thank you for your review. I am intrigued by your review and I am so adding this to my summer reading list. :techie-studyinggray:
v i n
Favorite Book: Roadmap to the End of Days
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-v-i-n.html
Latest Review: Our pastor has gone mad again by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by v i n »

Great book.I just looked at the cover page an their i was, thinking about a fantasy movie i watched sometimes back. The author describe every scene vividly and also his word building ability are very remarkable. My best part of the review is when Grimnir joined forces with the Host human, Elves, Immortal men and Infrits to vanquish CU Roi once and for all. That part great an imagery perception that i would like to quench it by reading the entire book.Also the stylistic techniques used by the author for example, personifying of object is very amazing. I.e, The swollen sun was making its lazy dip towards the horizon, and its golden face held a blush that coloured the world. very lovely.
meadhbh
Currently Reading: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meadhbh.html
Latest Review: The Last Rite by Chad Morgan

Post by meadhbh »

Wow! I love the intricate mythology that has been created for this fantasy novel, sounds great.
KitabuKizuri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kitabukizuri.html
Latest Review: Mysteries Of the First Instant by Daniel Friedmann

Post by KitabuKizuri »

I'm not a fan of fantasy, but this book sounds entertaining. I've tried reading the sample and it's clear the book would be disturbing for some.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”