Official Review: Immortal' Requiem by Vincent Bobbe

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Karencantley1
Favorite Book: The Prize
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 135
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-karencantley1.html
Latest Review: Going Gone by Abraham Lopez

Re: Official Review: Immortal' Requiem by Vincent Bobbe

Post by Karencantley1 »

This will be hugely popular with those who love fantasy/adventure/paranormal! An epic “quest” story with extraordinary characters and a complex storyline - Immortal’ Requiem has it all!
ladycraic
Currently Reading: Natural Cures: Stay Healthy Naturally
Bookshelf Size: 239
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladycraic.html
Latest Review: When War Ends by Patricia Tomlin

Post by ladycraic »

Wow, this book seems so engaging, especially for avid fantasy readers. I find the concept of Grimnir and Cu Roi's life being intricately linked fascinating. Even though we have a bad guy, a hero counters out the negative effects. Hehe. I'll be steering clear however due to the language, violence, and many deaths. I'm not up for that 😂
Roggyrus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roggyrus.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Post by Roggyrus »

This book is delightfully filled with adventure and fantasy. The scenes may be gruesome in some places, but that is only to highlight the ability of the author to detail vividly. I like the idea of the storyline, an avenger from the forgotten past, transcending limits of time to be in the present. Thank you for this interesting review.
tanyas33
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tanyas33.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is not what you think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by tanyas33 »

This review is so lovely and descriptive! I'm super glad you liked the book!! I actually really love that each chapter of the book is narrated by different characters as I find each perspective of a character so unique and fascinating, and in my opinion you really get to see the whole picture from the accounts of the characters. Character development and depth is also really important in a book and I'm glad that the author got that down pat! I'm also really glad that this fantasy novel includes a plethora of characters and creatures rather than just one specific lineage of beings. Awesome review!
Mary WhiteFace
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Stranger in a Strange Land
Currently Reading: Elemental Magic
Bookshelf Size: 384
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-whiteface.html
Latest Review: Bravehorse Adventures by Louise Cleveland
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Mary WhiteFace »

I so badly want to read this book. It sounds like the type of narrative I love. A story filled with fae folk. Written in a style where I can emerse myself, and become a part of the story.

Unfortunately, the gruesome parts would mess with my head. I understand that they're needed to properly tell the tale, but it's not like a movie where I can look away at the scary, or gross, parts.
Darn those nightmares. :count-sheep-smiley:

I was okay with passing on this book after reading the sample. The scene between the green-eyed girl and Marcus almost tempted me. I could just picture his eyes bugging out of his face when she vanished. There is a part of me that wants to know what happens to him. Yet, I decided it wasn't worth a rough nights' sleep.

Then, I read your review, and I'm back to wanting to read it again. This is tough. Nightmares are no fun. But, this sounds like a great book...
Well, now I just don't know... :eusa-think:
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1902
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

'Official Review: Immortal' Requiem by Vincent Bobbe', reaches its full bloom, in the light of the story of the book! I relished the book and felt tended, through the descriptive form of the review!
holsam_87
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 1691
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-holsam-87.html
Latest Review: Herai by Aaron D Key

Post by holsam_87 »

At first, I wasn't sure if I wanted to read this book. However, reading the sample and review has changed my mind. This is currently resting on my to-read shelf.
Samantha Holtsclaw

“We’ve all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That’s who we really are.”

—J. K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Latest Review: Herai by Aaron D Key
ShailaSheshadri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shailasheshadri.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by ShailaSheshadri »

The above review clearly recommends this amazing novel to adults who like violent thrillers. The sample made me believe that this is an intriguing story. Though I am not a fan of fantasies, surely there are many, who enjoy reading such stories. Thanks for the elaborate review.
Charlaigne
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlaigne.html
Latest Review: Reaching the Shore by Davin Jake Douma and BonnieJane Hall

Post by Charlaigne »

Your first sentence says it all. And thanks for the violence warning. It won't put me off but some sensitive readers might be bothered.

I will have to make time for the book. So many books, so little time...
Shazywithbooks
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shazywithbooks.html
Latest Review: Happiness is All We Want! by Ashutosh Mishra

Post by Shazywithbooks »

Wow.. that's a wonderful review. It brings out the hunger to read the actual book. I absolutely love fantasy and everything to do with elves, fairies and ifrits. This books sounds like a fantasy reader's heaven.
Dolor
Favorite Author: Craig R. Key
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12472
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dolor.html
Latest Review: The Center of Gravity by Patricia Brandon
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 115430

Post by Dolor »

Immortals' Requiem by Vincent Bobbe is a dark urban fantasy about the supernatural fight between the good (Grímnir) and the evil (Cú Roí), and their "coming back to life". Lovers of the genre will find this book interesting with the exception of those who are not into violence and gore. Thanks for the recommendation, caution, and the great review in general.

#Myths #Legends
#Immortals #MagicalCreatures
daniya__shah3
Currently Reading: Wuthering Heights
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniya-shah3.html
Latest Review: Lonely Expiation by Siegfried Finser

Post by daniya__shah3 »

I'm shook by the writer's way with the words! The sample I read screams perfection. I totally understand why you enjoyed reading it so much.
"We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar Wilde
ilovebooks2
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 489
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by ilovebooks2 »

Thank you for your detailed and insightful review. Superb editing and nothing to improve on! High praise indeed.
trajoe1206
Currently Reading: The Witch of Endor: Vampires
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trajoe1206.html
Latest Review: The Witch of Endor by RK Wheeler

Post by trajoe1206 »

Thanks for the great review. This sounds like a great fantasy novel and am looking forward to reading it
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

Seems like a great fantasy story that the author has introduced every kind of creature to his tale. The review is well written and really expounds on the virtues of this novel.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”