Official Review: Immortal' Requiem by Vincent Bobbe

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mely918
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mely918.html
Latest Review: I'm Going to Kill that Cat by F. Della Notte

Re: Official Review: Immortal' Requiem by Vincent Bobbe

Post by Mely918 »

This book most definitely seems like it would appeal to those that love fantasy novels. I, myself, am not a big fan of this genre. I do like some fantasy books, but they're usually a hit or miss for me. I'll probably pass on this book. I did enjoy reading your review though. I also agree that the author is very good with his descriptions. That's always something I love to see in a book.
tamdlyte
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ittersweet: Sanctuary (Part 1 of 3)</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 295
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by tamdlyte »

It's very cool when an author is able to juggle a vast cast of characters in a short time frame and make it coherent and most of all, exciting! And I love all the mythic creatures!
Vickie Noel
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 86063">Are you afraid of the dark</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 868
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vickie-noel.html
Latest Review: Modern Day Cowboy by Nathaniel Sheft
Reading Device: B01C9JZEBO

Post by Vickie Noel »

I love the enthusiasm emanating from this review! While I do enjoy fantasy novels, I'm afraid I wouldn't really call myself a die-hard fan of the genre. I haven't actually sat through the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy, on print or screen, (unbelievable, I know) but the brief snippets I stumbled across over the years were definitely fascinating. On that basis, I'm willing to give this book a shot, even though I wasn't quite stimulated by the sample's first pages. Still, I've always liked a tale with imagery and personification skittering across its pages and the sample proves this book is endowed with it. Thanks for the lovely review.
Stop waiting for what you WANT, start working with what you HAVE. --- Seth Cain
Never be bullied into questioning your own credibility. --- Vickie Noel
dhilo
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by dhilo »

Wow!! The review is quite thrilling.I personally am a fun of fantasy and I love how he has brought out the storyline
MsDree
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 268
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msdree.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by MsDree »

I like fantasy story, and reading your review, 'Immortal's Requiem' seemed definitely worth reading. I cannot wait to enjoy this book. I hope it's of my taste.
"A book, too, can be a star, a living fire to lighten the darkness, leading out into the expanding universe." — Madeline L'Engle
Melchi Asuma
Currently Reading: Patch Man
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melchi-asuma.html
Latest Review: The Roving Mind: A Modern Approach to Cognitive Enhancement by Anthony Simola
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Melchi Asuma »

The enthusiasm in thus review is just infectious. The way you have potrayed this book with such zeal leaves me with no option but to look for it and read it. I also love that it is a magical book which is a huge plus for me as I absolutely love fantasy. Great review.
MA
Lolababs94
Favorite Author: Mariana Zapata
Favorite Book: The Wall of Winnipeg and Me
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lolababs94.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles
fav_author_id: 11762

Post by Lolababs94 »

It was obvious you enjoyed the book :lol:
Thank you for the review, but it's not for me.
truebookaddict
Favorite Book: The Historian
Currently Reading: Children of the Dark
Bookshelf Size: 3838
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-truebookaddict.html
Reading Device: B00TSUGXKE

Post by truebookaddict »

I was so excited when I read about this book because I'm always on the hunt for good horror (I know it says urban fantasy, but it sounds like horror to me). It sounded amazing and now that I've read your review, I'm convinced I'm going to love it. As for the deaths, I'm a fan of Game of Thrones (books and series) so I'm used to important characters dying. Regarding the extreme violence, I'm a seasoned horror reader so while some violence still bothers me, I'm pretty much not bothered by it in horror novels. Anyway, this sounds so good and your excellent review makes me want to read it very soon. Thanks!
“Even if she be not harmed, her heart may fail her in so much and so many horrors; and hereafter she may suffer--both in waking, from her nerves, and in sleep, from her dreams.”
― Bram Stoker, Dracula
dragonet07
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 23031">The Beauty of the Fall</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1718
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonet07.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by dragonet07 »

I can't resist a good fantasy novel, even one with a lot of death or gruesome scenes (sometimes those are even better than tamer books). I am especially eager to read this since the author seems incredibly creative and I can't wait to see all the creatures he's incorporated and come up with. Thank you for the insightful review!
The more that you read,
The more things you will know.
The more that you learn,
The more places you'll go.
~Dr. Seuss
SPasciuti
Favorite Author: Marissa Meyer
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 46410">The Wendy</a>
Currently Reading: Cinder
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spasciuti.html
Latest Review: Samuel by Samuel kidstar
fav_author_id: 2388

Post by SPasciuti »

I’ve had a lot of disappointing experiences with fairy related books in the past, so I’m admittedly a little weary, but looking forward to checking this one out. It sounds interesting and on the plus side of things, I read Game of Thrones so I can manage lots of characters dying. Thanks for writing a review.
Book lover26
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-lover26.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis

Post by Book lover26 »

Great review , I'm not a fan of the fantasy genre. It's easy to see why this would be BOTD. Well done on a remarkable review.
Luis gospel
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Luis gospel »

Best book ever It is a fantastic novel the author is creative the novel is cool with a lot of deaths. This review is remarkable
klwoodford
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-klwoodford.html
Latest Review: Pembrim by Bree Lenehan

Post by klwoodford »

What an expressive and passionate review! I love fantasy, and your description leads me to think this book should be mu next read!
Chanti Stargirl
Currently Reading: The Improbable Wonders of Moojie Littleman
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chanti-stargirl.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Post by Chanti Stargirl »

I love books that are full of spectacular creatures and showcase the vivid imaginings of the author. I can't wait to read this book. Thank you for the review.
Suzan Fred Abel - 16
Favorite Author: Belle Ami
Currently Reading: Goodnight Irene
Bookshelf Size: 48
fav_author_id: 24819

Post by Suzan Fred Abel - 16 »

:tiphat: beautifully expressed stunning words In this book by Vincent Bobbe.
About the tattooed man, who did not understand the language of humans nor he cared. Giant of eight feet tall, was a spindly ogre, appearing almost human. Vincent Bobbe, a gifted story teller.
Thanks Vincent . :techie-reference:

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”