Official Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Espie
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Behind the Barbed Wire Fence
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espie.html
Latest Review: Why Me: Trash Collector, Mental Issues by Nikolay N Bey

Re: Official Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor

Post by Espie »

What is there to value about time? I've tried to enumerate what I thought before, and here are more.

I just came across a post about Steve Jobs who has been said to have stated that "time is too precious to live somebody else's life" that we need to be ourselves.

In this book's sampling I've just read, Mahatma Ghandi was quoted urging us "to live life fully like we're going to die tomorrow...and to learn like we're going to live forever."

I've got a third set of words to add to my list and that came from you when you said that "life should be lived and not survived."

I've just placed this book in my Want to Read list to perhaps encounter more.

Thank you for the words of wisdom and all in your review. May we all have what we really need to survive, learn and move on from our past, live our own lives to the fullest, and thrive.
"Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book."-Unknown
"To err is human; to forgive, divine."-Alexander Pope
"Put GOD first; He'll bless your efforts with success."-Proverbs
Chinacats4
Currently Reading: The Private Eye
Bookshelf Size: 116
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinacats4.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis
Reading Device: B01EUC7NAI

Post by Chinacats4 »

The sample really caught my interest and the review just enforced that interest. As a 60+ year old, the question of what, if anything, I would do differently in my life is intriguing. I promptly bought this novella and can't wait to read it. Great review, by the way.
starshipsaga
Currently Reading: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings
Bookshelf Size: 2024
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-starshipsaga.html
Latest Review: Secrets of the Dead by Murray Bailey

Post by starshipsaga »

Very cool premise, almost like a 13-Going-On-30 story in reverse. I like time travel stories, especially those with the message that everything happens for a reason.
acupofsubtletea
Currently Reading: A Study in Charlotte
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-acupofsubtletea.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by acupofsubtletea »

Ooh, this sounds really brilliant. I’m not always a fan of time travel, but the idea of someone traveling back and reliving their time in high school sounds like something I’d be very intrigued by.
catherinecsoto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catherinecsoto.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by catherinecsoto »

Ooh! Time travel! Usually, I dodge this kind of book since I get easily confused. But as you said, it’s an easy read and I find the story really interesting. Great review!
onixpam
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onixpam.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by onixpam »

I am sure this book is for me! I love the genre and time traveling, and the plot sounds like a great read. Thanks for your review.
Kings06
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Kings06 »

The review of this book is really facinating.What really impact/attracted my concern in it is the explanation that one can't undo the past in life, indeed one can't.

But the book do have some critics that i didn't support such as the point of poor education for fostering those who live any day in life as their last .In situation like this,such people may live life a type after reading the book and won't bother whether the life they are living is hurting others/the society as a whole.

On the other side of the coin, it can make good people to live good and be advantageous to the society.

In short, it is a two sided education bookin life.
Astrogem
Currently Reading: When Angels Play Poker
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astrogem.html
Latest Review: The Elf Coup - Book Three of the Magi Charter by Jordan David
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by Astrogem »

I liked your review. You stated that it inspires the reader to live each day rather than survive it. It makes me want to read it. It's always good to see a book with that message where the main character is not actively dying. Not that there is anything wrong with those books. Just saying.
jennyd2003
Currently Reading: Kind Nepenthe
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennyd2003.html
Latest Review: The Witch of Endor by RK Wheeler

Post by jennyd2003 »

Great review. I like the thought of being able to right a wrong sounds lovely. What would the repercussions be though?
Sicily Joy
Currently Reading: Becoming
Bookshelf Size: 906
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sicily-joy.html
Latest Review: What's Your Favorite Color? by Amber L Lassiter

Post by Sicily Joy »

Sounds like a thoughtful story about the ability to relive a life and the chance to decide what is most important. It is interesting that Anaya chooses to go back to high school. I wouldn't go back to high school for all the money or time in the world. Thanks for a great review.
itfew_1983

Post by itfew_1983 »

The book is interesting strong character and full of dream!!!!
J+Jenkins63
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-j-jenkins63.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill

Post by J+Jenkins63 »

The Watchmaker's Doctor
An intriguing concept; to have a chance to relive one's life. This has been the premise for a number of other books and Hollywood movies. But then, there are few, if any, original stories left.
What makes a story original are the characters, and their personal struggles. I think The Watchmaker's Doctor gives us a character we can care for in Anaya. Her struggle is one many of us can relate to.
If you are into time travel adventures and the great possibilities they offer then The Watchmaker's Doctor is a book you should read.
Roggyrus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roggyrus.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Post by Roggyrus »

This is exciting, a watch that can turn back time, not just the display dial. Seriously, I mean the chronology of her life. She could transport herself to any past time period.
Sindhu Srinath
Currently Reading: Last Dance
Bookshelf Size: 272
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sindhu-srinath.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill
Reading Device: B06Y66GMC5

Post by Sindhu Srinath »

Sounds like a novel concept. Congrats on the review! I'd like to read this new form of time travel.
Beauty2020

Post by Beauty2020 »

That was a great review painting an awesome picture ok f the whole book. I loved reading the book because it tells how precious every moment is and how to treat people so you do not miss your lucky chance.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”