Official Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
maggiechap
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maggiechap.html
Latest Review: The Cult Next Door by Elizabeth R. Burchard, Judith L. Carlone

Re: Official Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor

Post by maggiechap »

So like a great family drama. I'll definitely have to give it a chance. You're review makes the plot sound incredibly interesting and beautiful. i can't wait to check it out.
NL Hartje
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Kushiel's Dart
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 385
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nl-hartje.html
Latest Review: Looking forward as the Journey continues by George Mills

Post by NL Hartje »

What we all wouldn't give for this second chance. I think adults could really enjoy the "what if" of this story. Thanks for this lovely review!
“So the writer who breeds more words than he needs, is making a chore for the reader who reads.”
-Dr. Seuss
annxmarie_a
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by annxmarie_a »

Was interested in the time travel concept but what made me the most interested was the presence of mental illness being represented. It is not often that situations of mental health are showcased in literature so this is important for a variety of fans to enjoy. Will definitely check it out! Interesting review!
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

I love time travel books with a unique premise! A time travel novella centering around a woman that got a chance to rewind her life sounds great! Concise plot, elegant style, and riveting tale make a great book. The message to live each day as it was our last is a message to live by. I actually bought this book a while ago, and will read it. Thank you for the review!
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Samantha Simoneau
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 240
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samantha-simoneau.html
Latest Review: Dancing With Jesus by Allison Broughton
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Samantha Simoneau »

"The unexamined life is not worth living." This book sounds like a profound expansion on Socrates' thought. Just the right mix of sci-fi and exploring the human experience. Great review!
Samantha Simoneau

“But upon the stage of life, while conscience claps, let the world hiss! On the contrary if conscience disapproves, the loudest applauses of the world are of little value."
~John Adams :greetings-clapyellow:
mindyg123
Currently Reading: Lycan Fallout
Bookshelf Size: 565
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mindyg123.html

Post by mindyg123 »

Great review. Anaya gets a magic watch from a patient and goes back to her 16 year old self with her 35 year old mind. If you got that chance what would you change? Definitely a idea worth pondering while reading what Anaya does.
Mindyg123 :techie-studyingbrown:
EmeraldEyes8918
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 58

Post by EmeraldEyes8918 »

The title 'The Watchmakers Daughter' already had me intrigued, I am enthralled and curious by how this story will develop. Time travel in a story is a great mechanism when done well and the author has already accomplished this. Excellent review that has convinced me to put it on my reading list, thank you!
Last edited by EmeraldEyes8918 on 20 Jul 2018, 06:30, edited 1 time in total.
Eryn Bradshaw
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eryn-bradshaw.html
Latest Review: The Witchstone by Victoria Randall

Post by Eryn Bradshaw »

I would give anything to go back to when I was 16, not because I miss my teenage years but it would be nice to change some things I did or didn't do. I think a book like this makes you reflect on your last self and your past decisions. I'd be interested in this book. Thanks for the review!
“Live, and be happy, and make others so.”
― Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley
Northernbird84
Currently Reading: The Crossing
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-northernbird84.html
Latest Review: Fulfillment by ICA

Post by Northernbird84 »

Oh my goodness! I read the first page of the free sample on Amazon and bought the kindle edition of the book! I am already so captivated, I can't wait to finish work and curl up on the sofa with this story! As someone with a serious mental illness myself I am intrigued by the character being not only a doctor but a patient herself. I'm captured by Greg's purple eyes and why he doesn't appear to be aging. I cannot wait to dive into this book.
Last edited by Northernbird84 on 20 Jul 2018, 06:32, edited 1 time in total.
Latest Review: Fulfillment by ICA
LV2R
Favorite Book: Crown of Crimson (The Afterlight Chronicles Book 1)
Currently Reading: Roan
Bookshelf Size: 345
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lv2r.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by LV2R »

The author, G. M. T. Schuilling, builds a storyline showcasing the importance of doing the best we can now. An opportunity to relive moments is rare and many times impossible.

The Watchmaker’s Doctor is for all readers. Anyone who longs to make every moment count and live each day as their last should read this book. According to Schuilling, so many instances in life go wasted and most often than not we settle for things that do not bring us happiness or any form of fulfillment. Life should be lived and not survived. I rate The Watchmaker’s Doctor 4 out of 4 stars. The profundity of the message is worth the rating.
Wow! The message of the book to live each day well and the importance of "doing the best we can now" is a good one. It sounds like the story is written creatively by using a watch to go back in time and re-live life. Would we do things better if we had the chance?
Ferdinand_Otieno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

This is an inspirational science fiction story that has a unique time travel plot that captivated me from the beginning of the book. The onlinebookclub review of the book was written masterfully and highlighted the best the book had to offer. Congrats on being the BOTD.
MishM1
Favorite Book: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat
Currently Reading: Five Knocks
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mishm1.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is not what you think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by MishM1 »

I have not read the book but it sounds like I should. What an excellent review!
Jaimie Rodgers
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jaimie Rodgers »

Re:Official Review: The Watchmaker's Doctor
Good theme and I love the cover and amazing introduction,Thanks for the review
Elaine96
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elaine96.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by Elaine96 »

Wowww!! I think this is the only reaction I can give after reading this book. I am overwhelmed with many feelings and thoughts in the same time. What if I had a chance just like Anaya? Would I do what she did? Can history be changed? This is a book that remind us to live in the moment and appriciate every little things that happen to us everyday. I would highly recommend this book. So, do not miss the chance to grab this book because you will regret it and this time you do not have the magical watch! 8-)
Strangerthanfiction
Currently Reading: Night Seeker
Bookshelf Size: 304
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-strangerthanfiction.html

Post by Strangerthanfiction »

Great review. I don’t often go for time travel books but this one has really captured my interest. What would you do differently if you had a chance to go back and go things over knowing everything you know now. Also the question of destiny and fate. Would we end up the same anyway? Finally the question of the journey being the point versus the destination. I’m definitely going to read this one. Thanks so much for sharing.
“You know you’ve read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend.” – Paul Sweeney

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”