Official Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Re: Official Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

A women moves back other childhood with a mind of a thirty years old women through time travel sounds interesting. Great review.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
Oladipotosin17
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Oladipotosin17 »

Opportunity to rewrite one's story comes everyday, So true.
Nickson Sifuma
Currently Reading: Beautiful Imperfections
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Nickson Sifuma »

A thrilling synopsis of the book,i like it when you said Anaya was "finally a step ahead of life". A very interesting read. Thank you for letting me know about it!.
jaliper
Currently Reading: The Healer
Bookshelf Size: 598

Post by jaliper »

OMG, TIME TRAVEL IS MY THING! Like seriously, I love it. I WILL NOT HESITATE TO READ THIS. Thanks for sharing your thoughts about this. Gosh, I am excited!
Fearnot Muna
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Fearnot Muna »

Re: official Review: The Watchmaker's Doctor
wao! Great Indeed. That's quite Interesting.. A lot of lesson i derived from this book(The WatchMakers Doctor)
I got to understand that in life there is always a chance to make life meaningful. I told my self that as little as it is i will try to do the best i can now instead of awaiting when the rightful time comes, cos sometimes it happens that as time goes you will find it difficult to adjust all.. the writer made it clear that Anaye does not have to face the world alone. it gave me an insight about who are my friends are they really the ones that will stand by my side or are just called friends for a naming sake.. Because to the writer he said that anaye friends was beside her kait and tay .. this Fabulous thanks for the review
Naftali Timothy
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Naftali Timothy »

The watchmakers Doctor

Time travel is one of the things most people like. So I bet me and many others are on it.I won't hesitate reading it
Jgideon
Favorite Book: Gates to Tangier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 253
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jgideon.html
Latest Review: Sundays with Sister ssj by Anthony Happy LaRiccia

Post by Jgideon »

It's great that the author used a simple yet elegant style in writing the book. The time traveling aspect of the book sounds epic. Great review.
paulitfaa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paulitfaa.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is not what you think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by paulitfaa »

From the moment Anaya collides with the vehicle, time changed for her. She finds herself between life and death. This book should be very interesting.
Evans Onsongo
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by Evans Onsongo »

yes of course it opens your mind to detect how wide is the world after you have undergone the whole story of the girl
favor_
Currently Reading: I'll Point to Heaven
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by favor_ »

This is a book I'll so much love, with all the inspirational and old mind in a young body thing. The review makes it sound simple. It also makes me expect more.
paulitfaa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paulitfaa.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is not what you think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by paulitfaa »

Watchmakers are rear. Cameroon does not even make watches. We only repair watches and they are always a show off thing because really time does not exist to the African. Time is living and living is time.
Shas F
Currently Reading: Monsters in the Hallway
Bookshelf Size: 255
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shas-f.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill

Post by Shas F »

I love this review as it captures the promise of "The Watchmaker’s Doctor" by G. M. T. Schuilling. I read the book's sample and I agree that it is a thrilling story told in an elegant style. This can be a great read for anybody fascinated with time travel, turning back the hands of time and reliving parts of your life to correct mistakes, eliminate regrets and find success and happiness in the process. The reader gets to fantasize a "chance" to be young forever, to cheat time and death and sneak into immortality. The protagonist, Anaya, has a lot of reasons to "rewind" parts of her life. As a doctor, she's supposed to be a healer but she's in need of healing to overcome her own pains and flip her regrets into a new hope. For mature readers who have had highs and lows in life and some plateaus they seem to be stuck in, this is a tantalizing book of what ifs, who knows and why not...
Abelabguy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Abelabguy »

? This simply classifies Lizzy as a very reliable and focus to her husband but at some points she was confused due to her husband drunken habit.
RT_offscript
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rt-offscript.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by RT_offscript »

GMT Shuilling's "The Watchmaker's Doctor" sounds like a very thought-provoking book. I like that the author used a watch as a time-traveling modality to develop the characters. However, the watch is very cruel; even with all the memories and wisdom of a thirty-five-year-old in a teenage body, Anaya still can't undo her mistakes.

I really appreciate your review! Although I have to prep myself before reading Shuilling's novel, I think that I will enjoy the story. So, I placed "The Watchmaker's Doctor" on my to-read bookshelf.
Miercoles
Favorite Book: The Prize
Currently Reading: The Second Eve
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miercoles.html
Latest Review: Business Basics BootCamp by Mitche Graf

Post by Miercoles »

Imagine going back in time to be your sixteen year-old self! Time travel has always been quite fascinating and this novel should be a really good read.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”