Official Review: Logic's End by Keith A. Robinson

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Official Review: Logic's End by Keith A. Robinson

Post by kandscreeley »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Logic's End" by Keith A. Robinson.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

After years of searching, NASA thinks they've finally found a planet like Earth - a planet that is able to support intelligent life. Now they're preparing to send a manned mission to search for any sign of life. This is the mission that Rebecca has hoped for all her life. She is thrilled to be going, but she gets a bit more life than she bargained for when she arrives.

Almost immediately after arriving, Rebecca is captured by some alien beings - intelligent alien beings. These beings are not exactly humanoid, though; they are more reptilian in nature. Along with that, they seem to have special abilities. In fact, the ones that captured her seem to have a stun light that emanates from their bodies! Will she be able to escape, find her fellow astronauts and make her way back home?

Logic's End by Keith A. Robinson is a science fiction novel of around 340 pages. More than that, though, it's a story with a bent; it's a story that is intended to make a point. The purpose? To prove the logical fallacy of evolution.

While this might sound boring, the author tells his tale in an interesting fashion. There are alien beings, battles and death. The plot moves along at a fast clip with nary a dull moment.

The story is told from Rebecca's perspective. The secondary characters in this book are almost all alien beings. The author gives information about all of them at the beginning of the book and includes drawings. This was a bit overwhelming as this consisted of about 20 or so pages. However, the author does well at introducing the characters in such a way as to not overwhelm the reader. So, I'd encourage all potential readers to not despair when seeing the odd beings and weird names for pages on end before the story even starts.

Sadly, though, I felt that the author was so busy trying to make his point that he neglected these characters. I just didn't feel that attachment to them that really makes a story for me. In spite of the action packed scenes, I found myself reluctant to keep reading at times. I attribute this to my lack of interest in the well-being of the characters.

I will say, however, that the editing in this book is top notch. I found not one grammatical error or typo which is extremely unusual for any book.

In all, this was an informative read wrapped in an interesting story. Because of the stellar editing, I rate Logic's End 3 out of 4 stars. It is clear that the author has talent; but, although most of the characters were alien, they could have been more realistic. This really would have brought the novel up another level. I recommend this only to those who believe in a Creator or are open to intelligent design and enjoy science fiction. Otherwise, this story will just be frustrating.

Logic's End
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like kandscreeley's review? Post a comment saying so!
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

I can understand why you gave a 3 stars for this for I too would give a 3 stars. I honestly wont read a book that is very dull. I appreciate that you pulled it through.
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
NL Hartje
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Kushiel's Dart
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 385
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nl-hartje.html
Latest Review: Looking forward as the Journey continues by George Mills

Post by NL Hartje »

Can you explain what you (or the author) mean by logical fallacy of evolution? I am familiar with many of the fallacies suggested in the evolutionary debate and I’m curious which one specifically they’re pinpointing. Is it just the idea of order coming from chaos, or maybe the entropy fallacy involved in this argument?
“So the writer who breeds more words than he needs, is making a chore for the reader who reads.”
-Dr. Seuss
revna01
Currently Reading: Storm Front
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-revna01.html
Latest Review: Rufus: A Boy's Extraordinary Experiences in the Civil War by Phoebe Sheldon

Post by revna01 »

It's definitely hard to invest in a book when you aren't really partial to the characters. When so-and-so suddenly dies and it's supposed to be a big deal, but the reader doesn't really care... That's an area for improvement for the author, to say the least. Thanks for a thorough review!
420waystoreachthesun
Currently Reading: Bomb Goggles
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-420waystoreachthesun.html
Latest Review: The Complete Thief Series: Boxed Set by Michael Dirubio

Post by 420waystoreachthesun »

In some ways, I find this topic trite, but the book seems good nonetheless. Thank you for writing this review.
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

Sahani Nimandra wrote: 30 Apr 2018, 23:43 I can understand why you gave a 3 stars for this for I too would give a 3 stars. I honestly wont read a book that is very dull. I appreciate that you pulled it through.
It wasn't necessarily dull. It just wasn't as good as it could be. Thanks for your comment!
—Neil Gaiman
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

NL Hartje wrote: 01 May 2018, 00:26 Can you explain what you (or the author) mean by logical fallacy of evolution? I am familiar with many of the fallacies suggested in the evolutionary debate and I’m curious which one specifically they’re pinpointing. Is it just the idea of order coming from chaos, or maybe the entropy fallacy involved in this argument?
He actually covers a fair bit of ground on this one. He has numerous arguments based on the alien characters. One of them is basically irreducible complexity. Have you heard of that one?
—Neil Gaiman
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

SABRADLEY wrote: 01 May 2018, 00:39 It's definitely hard to invest in a book when you aren't really partial to the characters. When so-and-so suddenly dies and it's supposed to be a big deal, but the reader doesn't really care... That's an area for improvement for the author, to say the least. Thanks for a thorough review!
I agree completely! Thanks for your comment.
—Neil Gaiman
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

420waystoreachthesun wrote: 01 May 2018, 04:33 In some ways, I find this topic trite, but the book seems good nonetheless. Thank you for writing this review.
It's definitely not one everyone is going to agree with. Thanks for commenting, though.
—Neil Gaiman
NL Hartje
Favorite Book: Kushiel's Dart
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 385
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nl-hartje.html
Latest Review: Looking forward as the Journey continues by George Mills

Post by NL Hartje »

Oh like taking something away will lead to functioning failure? Interesting, thanks for the clarification!
“So the writer who breeds more words than he needs, is making a chore for the reader who reads.”
-Dr. Seuss
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

NL Hartje wrote: 01 May 2018, 08:35 Oh like taking something away will lead to functioning failure? Interesting, thanks for the clarification!
Exactly. There are others, but I don't want to go into too much detail. Since that's one of the author's main reasons for writing, it feels like it would be giving too much away.
—Neil Gaiman
kdstrack
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

This seems like an interesting theme. So many blindly accept evolution even though it is still a "theory". Sounds like an intriguing book. Thanks.
Laura Ungureanu
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: The Guardians of Erum and the Calamitous Child of Socotra
Bookshelf Size: 1392
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-ungureanu.html
Latest Review: Love and Marriage by Arthur Hartz

Post by Laura Ungureanu »

A book about an Earth-like planet that supports life is exactly what I am looking for. I like that there is only one woman in this mission. I am sorry that the characters are not that complex, this is essential in a good story. Thank you for the review!
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

kdstrack wrote: 01 May 2018, 09:52 This seems like an interesting theme. So many blindly accept evolution even though it is still a "theory". Sounds like an intriguing book. Thanks.
It's a good book as long as your mind is open. Thanks for commenting!
—Neil Gaiman
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

Laura Ungureanu wrote: 01 May 2018, 10:19 A book about an Earth-like planet that supports life is exactly what I am looking for. I like that there is only one woman in this mission. I am sorry that the characters are not that complex, this is essential in a good story. Thank you for the review!
If you do decide to read it, I hope you enjoy. Thanks!
—Neil Gaiman

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”