Official Review: Orope by Guenevere Lee

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Noraine Alissa Poria
Currently Reading: Bro Code
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noraine-alissa-poria.html
Latest Review: The Making Of A Con by Grace Larson

Re: Official Review: Orope by Guenevere Lee

Post by Noraine Alissa Poria »

This is such a descriptive review! Anyway, this book sounds interesting. I would like to read this one in the future.
ShailaSheshadri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shailasheshadri.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by ShailaSheshadri »

Orope seems an intriguing historical fiction that is set in the past. Often, I feel happy to read such a novel in which god and messengers are referred. This review said that God sent three messengers to the world for spreading his message to the people, mainly about how to worship God. This is a tribal story. As the plot contains human sacrifice, this is not suitable for children. This could be a nice read for all adults who are interested in historical novels.
Matmat_30
Currently Reading: The Expansion
Bookshelf Size: 35

Post by Matmat_30 »

"Orope" by Guenevere Lee is very intersting. I've already read this one. Its a good fiction because it gives lesson to everyone, and that is we have to do GOOD most of the time. We do not know what will happen next, in relation to l the story,God gave warning to people from their bad deeds.
Shas F
Currently Reading: Monsters in the Hallway
Bookshelf Size: 255
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shas-f.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill

Post by Shas F »

Guenevere Lee's Orope The White Snake is growing on me as I read it. It starts with a ritual by the Rhagepe, the priestesses from tribes who have the ability to communicate with the gods of their civilization and divine what's in store for them, whether famine, flood, war or good harvests. This time they were warned of punishing floods from the oceans and three people were tapped as gods' messengers to warn other people in their civilization about the impending doom. Not only that, the red-haired man, the mother named Tersh and the boy named Kareth were sent on a mission to communicate with the goddess of rebirth, goddess of death and goddess of life, respectively. One has to read the first few chapters carefully to understand the world set during the Bronze age. The story takes on urgency as one tribe on their way home after the ritual is swallowed by the sea in a tsunami. Now we see what's at stake here.

I've always been interested in ancient history and in lost civilizations. This fictional book, which I think was inspired by archaeological, historic and anthropological data on the Bronze Age, illustrates to us how people probably lived, thrived and survived during that time. Ancient peoples devised systems of religion or methods to communicate with "gods" to deal with forces of nature. Science and technology then might have advanced in areas of agriculture, mining, construction and the creation of various tools for trade, nutrition, education and daily living. However, they did not have the technology we use now in predicting the weather and natural disasters, and assessing the climate situation. That's how the book resonates with me. Mankind now can mitigate losses to life and property during a natural disaster by being precisely forewarned about hurricanes and climate change. The world of the red-haired man, Tersh and Kareth could not do so then.

Certainly, it would be interesting to read how the red-haired man, Tersh and Kareth complete their missions to save their civilization. Thanks to Emie Cuevas for giving us the scope of the book in her review as it is always a challenge for readers not to get lost in the details offered by fiction on ancient civilizations.
Dori Lee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dori-lee.html
Latest Review: House of Dads by June Gillam
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Dori Lee »

Thanks for the review. It sounds like this book is ancient fiction. Unfortunately this is not something that I read.
N_R
Favorite Author: James Mace
Currently Reading: Happy Healing
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-n-r.html
Latest Review: Kiwi Jacks by Hairy Jack
fav_author_id: 21042

Post by N_R »

Fantasy books are not my usual read, but this book sounds interesting. It almost sounds like it has some historical basis in regards to civilizations who believed that they could appease the gods. Thanks for the great review!
chelhack
Favorite Book: My Trip To Adele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 381
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelhack.html
Latest Review: E-M-P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by chelhack »

This book does sound like it could be interesting. Yet, it seems as if the storyline coincides w3ith the bible such as the story of Noah and the Ark which is known so well for it rained for 40 days and 40 nights which caused the earth to flood. Though, I am interested in reading this book I somewhat hesitate because as stated in th review the book does not reach a complete conclusion it is just left to be continued and wondering about what happens next. I am not thrilled by such endings.
Chelsea N. Hackett
Ksharmilla
Currently Reading: Going Wild
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ksharmilla.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Ksharmilla »

I love the concept of the book. It is one that I can really enjoy. I do hope that the errors don't distract from reading.
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

Seems the gods are unhappy and want some appeasement? Reminds me of Noah's flood only that this time some human sacrifices will be involved. I would like to read more of this premise. Thanks for a wonderful review.
ladycraic
Currently Reading: Natural Cures: Stay Healthy Naturally
Bookshelf Size: 239
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladycraic.html
Latest Review: When War Ends by Patricia Tomlin

Post by ladycraic »

Thanks for the review. I think it's a deal-breaker that the book doesn't reach a conclusion at the end. In addition, the plot of this story doesn't appeal to me, hence I won't be adding it to my WTR shelf.
ikingburiking77
Currently Reading: Orope the white snake
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ikingburiking77.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by ikingburiking77 »

The book sounds interesting and I will definitely give it a look. I am interested in mythological themed stories and this one sounds African in origin, based on the names of the character and reviewer's description. This one will be in my book shelf for sure.
jcoad
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jcoad.html
Latest Review: True Blue Friend by Roy DeMauro

Post by jcoad »

Interesting mix of fantasy and historical fiction. Too bad about the grammar errors. Thanks for the great review!
Leyla
Currently Reading: Banished Threads
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leyla.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Leyla »

Thank you for the review. The plot sounds interesting. Looking past the grammatical errors, I could tell that you truly enjoyed the book.
Dan_A
Currently Reading: Be strong
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dan-a.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Dan_A »

"I really liked the way that the author taught us about these different cultures from the Whisperers point of view".
From your quote I am very interested to know about the cultures from the past.
Messengers of the God_ very interesting concept that arouse my curiosity! Can't wait to read this book!
mishalfatima7
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mishalfatima7.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by mishalfatima7 »

The book sounds interesting. I will definitely going to read this book

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”