Official Review: Sovereign's Pairing by E.L. Glenn

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
maggiechap
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maggiechap.html
Latest Review: The Cult Next Door by Elizabeth R. Burchard, Judith L. Carlone

Re: Official Review: Sovereign's Pairing by E.L. Glenn

Post by maggiechap »

This sounds like it would be perfect for me, but I worry that it will be too confusing with all of the different mythical creatures wrapped into it, however, I will still give it ago anyway with caution. Thank you for your review.
Kendra M Parker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 421
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kendra-m-parker.html
Latest Review: Requiem, Changing Times by RJ Parker
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by Kendra M Parker »

maggiechap wrote: 18 May 2018, 14:24 This sounds like it would be perfect for me, but I worry that it will be too confusing with all of the different mythical creatures wrapped into it, however, I will still give it ago anyway with caution. Thank you for your review.
I hope you enjoy it. I don’t think that the mythical creatures made things terribly confusing, but your mileage may vary.
Kendra M Parker
Currently Reading:

Bianka Walter wrote: 02 May 2018, 14:54 This book sounds super interesting. I'm not a huge fan of religious elements, but from what you say, it helps when there is a battle between good an evil. (God vs Devil type thing...)
Thanks for the awesome review :)
It wasn’t very religious, but there was a definite Judeo-Christian subtext. It plays with the battle between good and evil. For those familiar with Christianity, it was more of a Christ/Anti-Christ battle, but even that is related to the God v. Devil type. And this did not proselytize, it just used that type for the basis of the plot.

I wouldn’t say that the religious element overshadows the plot, and you would probably be fine reading and enjoying the book, even if you aren’t a fan of religious elements.
maggiechap
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maggiechap.html
Latest Review: The Cult Next Door by Elizabeth R. Burchard, Judith L. Carlone

Post by maggiechap »

Kendra M Parker wrote: 18 May 2018, 15:35
maggiechap wrote: 18 May 2018, 14:24 This sounds like it would be perfect for me, but I worry that it will be too confusing with all of the different mythical creatures wrapped into it, however, I will still give it ago anyway with caution. Thank you for your review.
I hope you enjoy it. I don’t think that the mythical creatures made things terribly confusing, but your mileage may vary.
Omg that response made me giggle. 'Your mileage may very'. :lol2: But that's nice to know! It just seemed like a lot, but maybe I'm wrong!
Kendra M Parker
Currently Reading:

maggiechap wrote: 18 May 2018, 20:51
Kendra M Parker wrote: 18 May 2018, 15:35
Omg that response made me giggle. 'Your mileage may very'. :lol2: But that's nice to know! It just seemed like a lot, but maybe I'm wrong!
I'm glad you get my sense of humor!

I can see where it might sound like a lot of stuff going on in this book. I think that the author did a good job of staying focused on the important parts of the plot and allowing the fantastic elements to complement the main story without getting too confusing. If you’re familiar with the types of fantastic elements in most of the “high fantasy” realms, then you will probably do just fine.
Kendra M Parker
Currently Reading:

I got some good news on this book. The author has released an update to the book that takes care of some of these editing issues. This is great news! If you read the book, let me know what you think.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”