Official Review: The Last King of the Grand Capital

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Camille Turner
Currently Reading: Angela's Ashes
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-camille-turner.html
Latest Review: Hippocrates and The Hobgoblin: The Sedes Infernum by C.S. Colvin

Re: Official Review: The Last King of the Grand Capital

Post by Camille Turner »

Libs_Books wrote: 26 Apr 2018, 14:56 I've not read any graphic novels, but I fancy giving one a try. I like sci-fi that can be seen as social commentary, but I'm not sure this one's for me. However, I enjoyed your enthusiastic review.
Thanks for your comment! :)
Camille Turner

Post by Camille Turner »

Kalin Adi wrote: 26 Apr 2018, 16:07 The plot seems quite steady heading to a believable political parallel to our current situation worldwide. It's a good thing the author managed to illustrate the whole book for a better understanding of the story. I haven't tried so many graphic novels, perhaps I'll give this one a chance. Thanks for the review!
I really enjoy graphic novels and hope you like this one if you read it! Thanks for your comment! :)
revna01
Currently Reading: Storm Front
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-revna01.html
Latest Review: Rufus: A Boy's Extraordinary Experiences in the Civil War by Phoebe Sheldon

Post by revna01 »

I appreciate that the author gave the necessary background information right off the bat. It can be too difficult trying to keep up with developing plots and characters while also trying to familiarize oneself with foreign terminology. A battle between the Anti-life and Life is going to be a pretty epic event! Thanks for a great review!
Camille Turner

Post by Camille Turner »

SABRADLEY wrote: 30 Apr 2018, 16:21 I appreciate that the author gave the necessary background information right off the bat. It can be too difficult trying to keep up with developing plots and characters while also trying to familiarize oneself with foreign terminology. A battle between the Anti-life and Life is going to be a pretty epic event! Thanks for a great review!
Yes, I completely agree -- it's so nice to not have to try and make sense of an entire sci-fi world when being thrown into a book. I believe it will be!! Thanks for commenting! :)
maggiechap
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maggiechap.html
Latest Review: The Cult Next Door by Elizabeth R. Burchard, Judith L. Carlone

Post by maggiechap »

I've never been able to get into graphic novels that much, but I know some people who do and I think they would love this, so I will recommend it for them, even though I wouldn't read it myself. Thanks for the review.
Camille Turner

Post by Camille Turner »

maggiechap wrote: 18 May 2018, 14:26 I've never been able to get into graphic novels that much, but I know some people who do and I think they would love this, so I will recommend it for them, even though I wouldn't read it myself. Thanks for the review.
Thank you! I hope they enjoy the graphic novel and thanks for commenting! :)

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”