Official Review: Wilder by Lena North

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
CrimsonPrincess24
Currently Reading: success bound
Bookshelf Size: 48

Re: Official Review: Wilder by Lena North

Post by CrimsonPrincess24 »

This story seems interesting to read. I have a friend of mine who is also like Wilder. She's also friendly, smart and good in sports. Young adult is also one of my favorite genre.Can't wait to read!
Moddesser Elahi
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Power of Now
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moddesser-elahi.html
Latest Review: Then Comes The Flood by John Payne

Post by Moddesser Elahi »

The review is somewhat similar to what I think of the book after sampling it. The characters have been portrayed very well; mainly the lead character Wilder catches the attention. She is tomboyish and ready for challenges.

The author Lena North has kept the story fast paced which is interesting. I liked sampling the book as I could feel the emotions while reading it. It made me laugh at times and also feel the different situations in the story. Nice book and appropriate review. :) :)
czar_milli
Favorite Book: Adrift
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28

Post by czar_milli »

Finding love is the best, that feeling, you just can't explain, Wilder lost her loved ones, but gained new ones in the process, and has to fight to keep them, I can only imagine how great this book will be, cause I love the review already
Cristina Chifane
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Magic Mountain
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 898
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristina-chifane.html
Latest Review: The Fold by Dennis Lee
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Cristina Chifane »

I couldn't quite understand if the book is, in fact, a romance in disguise or the fantasy elements take over the story line. I wish you gave us more clues about the people in Norton and the birds because the first chapters revealed nothing in this respect. Thanks for your review!
"The madness of writing is the antidote to true madness." (Hanif Kureishi)
Latest Review: The Fold by Dennis Lee
SAMINA1122
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by SAMINA1122 »

After reading this review wel discripted about plot,narrative style,tone and fantasy story with some real feminism of todys young adults like every girl want to b courageous its realy looking inspiring for me...
Wel developed character. This review acknowledge the epic of the story.
garima597
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-garima597.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by garima597 »

I like to read both of the genres that is young adult and fantasy, and I am glad that this book contains both of these genres. Wilder's life seems to be full of adventure and thrilling experience. I like the thorough explanation of the review
G@RIMA :techie-studyingbrown:
Rumiza_Shaikh07
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rumiza-shaikh07.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Rumiza_Shaikh07 »

The story seems really really interesting, as in living a major part of your life considering a man your dad who actually isn't. A life which thereon changes course from dull and helpless to thrill and adventurous and full of love, friendships and action. Heartiest congratulations to Lena North on having her story selected as Book of the Day. This one is a sure shot read.
BHUPSA
Currently Reading: The Expansion
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by BHUPSA »

good review and exilent explaination i loved it and ceurious for reading this book.
thank you
good luck.
Julehart1
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julehart1.html
Latest Review: Killing Time ... Physics, Lust and Greed Series Book 3 by Mike Murphey

Post by Julehart1 »

This book sounds interesting. I like Young Adult books and am glad to hear that this was a well paced story with a well developed main character. It's also good that this book works as a standalone. Thanks for your review.
mm_wavomba
Currently Reading: Twisted Threads
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by mm_wavomba »

The intriguing character of Wilder, just as the name suggests, is one that gives me the creeps but again deepens my interests to read more, travel this journey with her. This is exactly the genre i love and i will definitely read the book. Nice review.
eddix
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eddix.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by eddix »

Thanks for this great review. It has cemented my decision to read the rest of this book that has been teased by the sample. I couldn't believe that I'd reached the end of the sample - the story was so gripping! The main characters are strong, and there's a lot that can be learned from them.
DorcasToo
Currently Reading: Call Me Pomeroy
Bookshelf Size: 207
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dorcastoo.html
Latest Review: Tidal Pools by Robert Marier

Post by DorcasToo »

I love your review. Am eager to know how Wilder copes into her new family and how the secrets slowly unveil.
Aditi1992
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aditi1992.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by Aditi1992 »

Loved the review. It says that the book contains paranormal and fantasy element which i find really amazing because i love reading book of this genre. I will give this book a try.
Samanthajayne12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samanthajayne12.html
Latest Review: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by Samanthajayne12 »

Great review! I’m very intrigued about this story. It appears to be a unique storyline and one I’ve not read before. I’d love to find out more about Wilder’s life and how she has to protect her new found family and friends from destruction.
paulitfaa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paulitfaa.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is not what you think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by paulitfaa »

Lucky Wilder.Some orphans hardly even see their parents,some on their dying beds.It takes too a lot of courage to accept parents who abandon children at a very tender to their grand parents.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”