Official Review: Wilder by Lena North

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Melchi Asuma
Currently Reading: Patch Man
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melchi-asuma.html
Latest Review: The Roving Mind: A Modern Approach to Cognitive Enhancement by Anthony Simola
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Re: Official Review: Wilder by Lena North

Post by Melchi Asuma »

I'm glad that you enjoyed the book. It's wonderful that the author managed to write the book very well but I don't really think that this is my sort of genre. I think it's nice and might read it but I am not entirely excited about it. Great review though.
MA
alasony8210
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by alasony8210 »

This is a Great review, I love it. The supernatural fantacies interests me a lot. This novel and the characters in it were well developed.
ladycraic
Currently Reading: Natural Cures: Stay Healthy Naturally
Bookshelf Size: 239
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladycraic.html
Latest Review: When War Ends by Patricia Tomlin

Post by ladycraic »

Thanks for the engaging review! This book seems right down my alley with Wilder finally finding her place in life. Fortunately, it's also free. I'll be adding this read to WTR shelf :)
Ekta Kumari
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Rebecca
Currently Reading: Wild World
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekta-kumari.html
Latest Review: Humanity Must Survive the 21st Century by Theodore Vornicu
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Ekta Kumari »

I like how you have portrayed the main character. This book sounds to me like a good mystery, full of twists and turns. Thanks for the review.
"Words dazzle and deceive because they are mimed by the face. But black words on a white page are the soul laid bare."

-Guy de Maupassant
Mely918
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mely918.html
Latest Review: I'm Going to Kill that Cat by F. Della Notte

Post by Mely918 »

I agree with you that Wilder's character is very admirable. She seems like a very strong and independent woman from what I, myself, have read. I like the idea of there being a mixture of realism and fantasy throughout the book. I certainly will be keeping this book in mind for a future read. Great job on your review!
dragonet07
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 23031">The Beauty of the Fall</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1718
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonet07.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by dragonet07 »

I'm a big fan of this genre and strong female characters, so this story sounds right up my alley. While it can be read alone, I think I'd prefer to read the series this book is a spin-off of first. Either way it'll have to wait until I have more time and I might be a bit put off by the switches in verb tense, but it still seems like I'll enjoy this book. Thank you for the helpful review.
The more that you read,
The more things you will know.
The more that you learn,
The more places you'll go.
~Dr. Seuss
kaycee1021
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by kaycee1021 »

The cover art for the book grabbed my attention but your review drew me in and made me want to read it. I'll be looking forward to reading this as well as the series that it is a spin-off of.
simplymica26
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-simplymica26.html
Latest Review: Devilish by Tricia Barr

Post by simplymica26 »

That was cool! I was convinced by your review to read this book. I was intrigued on many elements of the story and wanting to know more. Thank you for your awesome review and congratulations!
joycechitwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joycechitwa.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Post by joycechitwa »

Oh, what a lovely review of the book Wilder! I already feel connected to the character Willy and am curious to know what she discovered about her new family from her dad she never knew she had. Sounds like an easy read that would satiate any keen reader of young adult novels. Good work there on this review.
JHuschle519
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jhuschle519.html
Latest Review: End of the Last Great Kingdom by Victor Rose

Post by JHuschle519 »

Thank you very much for the great review. I am only a few chapters into Wilder, but so far I agree with you that it is a fantastic read. I'm glad that you mentioned it was a spinoff. I will have to look into the other series. I wasn't sure at first if I was going to read this whole book, or just the sample, but now I can say with certainty that I will see it through till the end. I look forward to seeing the character development you've described as I continue reading.
dhomespot
Currently Reading: Blind Black Sheep
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dhomespot.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by dhomespot »

This sounds like an interesting read. I think I will have to read it at a later date. Thank you for your honest review.
"Maybe ever’body in the whole damn world is scared of each other."- John Steinbeck
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

The plot is really interesting. I would like to read the full book of this young adult fiction.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
truebookaddict
Favorite Book: The Historian
Currently Reading: The Witching Hour
Bookshelf Size: 3840
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-truebookaddict.html
Reading Device: B00TSUGXKE

Post by truebookaddict »

I'm still trying to figure out what the paranormal aspect is. Are they shape shifters who shift into birds, or can they see through the birds' eyes, or control them? I guess I'll have to read it to find out! This definitely sounds like a solid YA novel. Thanks for your insight!
“Even if she be not harmed, her heart may fail her in so much and so many horrors; and hereafter she may suffer--both in waking, from her nerves, and in sleep, from her dreams.”
― Bram Stoker, Dracula
MiziS_1305
Favorite Book: The Lost Symbol
Currently Reading: Toni the Superhero
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mizis-1305.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by MiziS_1305 »

Your review has given such an insight into the book that the book seems irresistible. It sounds to be grab-it-the-moment-you-are-free type of book. Thanks for the review.
Sicily Joy
Currently Reading: Becoming
Bookshelf Size: 906
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sicily-joy.html
Latest Review: What's Your Favorite Color? by Amber L Lassiter

Post by Sicily Joy »

Great review. I am more curious to read this and see how the realism and paranormal plays out. I really like books that use fantasy and lore in realistic ways. Thank you.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”