Review by ddaumn -- Belas Rift by Stephan von Clinkerhoffen

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ddaumn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ddaumn.html
Latest Review: Belas Rift by Stephan von Clinkerhoffen

Review by ddaumn -- Belas Rift by Stephan von Clinkerhoffen

Post by ddaumn »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Belas Rift" by Stephan von Clinkerhoffen.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Hidden City of Chelldrah-ham Belas Rift is and adventure following two Manna, Stig and Meg, as they try to stop the evil human Anet from destroying their world. From the start the two are sent through the Belas Rift from Chelldrah-ham into 21st century England. In the world of the humans they soon find that they are invisible, save the gold buttons on Stig’s coat and the bonnet on his trike.

It’s not too soon that they are discovered and hunted as an “anomaly” by helicopters and police of foot. Luckily, they find refuge and another Manna, Nobby, who helps them learn the ways of the human world and they avoid trouble for a while. That is until Stig causes trouble in the house Nobby has been able to reside in at night.

With the help of various kind humans Stig and Meg go on a journey to solve a puzzle they’ve uncovered. They get cause mayhem at every step, but someone is there to help them out and escape with little scratch. In the end they discover secrets they never imagined and continue on to their original goal; try and stop Anet.

My rating for Belas Rift is 3 out of 4 stars. I truly enjoyed the book. It was fun and funny. They way Stig and Meg used their own language and understandings of the human world instead of the correct words being used gave the book character. For example, the helicopters were “smelly copters” and their word for rust is “ust.” I also enjoyed that it wasn’t just a kid’s book, it’s for someone in about 13 and older. The characters who helped the heroes along the way had their own distinct personalities that stood out. It’s an all-around colorful book. I would consider reading the first two.

The reason I can only give the book 3 stars is because it can be confusing. There were times I had to re-read the scene because I wasn’t sure how it got to were it was. I had trouble imagining what was happening and I have questions about some specifics. It’s not very clear on what the size of the Manna is. All we know is they are smaller than humans but big enough to knock one down. Though this might be because it is the third book in a series. That considered the book, though confusing at times, does well as a stand-alone.

Belas Rift
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like ddaumn's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”