Official Review: Zeva by Tesha Finley

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
v i n
Favorite Book: Roadmap to the End of Days
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-v-i-n.html
Latest Review: Our pastor has gone mad again by Elijah Oladimeji

Re: Official Review: Zeva by Tesha Finley

Post by v i n »

From the review, i have found a reason to look for the book and start reading it. Thanks to the reviewers you have described in a very charming way.
SPasciuti
Favorite Author: Marissa Meyer
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 46410">The Wendy</a>
Currently Reading: Cinder
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spasciuti.html
Latest Review: Samuel by Samuel kidstar
fav_author_id: 2388

Post by SPasciuti »

This definitely sounds like my kind of book. I’m really loving the plot. So glad this was an enticing book for you. The forbidden love and YA genre make me excited to start reading it.
CaitlynLynch
Currently Reading: Conquering Writer's Block and Summoning Inspiration
Bookshelf Size: 3245
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caitlynlynch.html
Latest Review: The Hand That Feeds You by Amos Cartell
Reading Device: B01AZ7LQ00

Post by CaitlynLynch »

Since this is a YA read, I'll be giving it a miss. Thank you for the comprehensive review, though!
Vermont Reviews
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 4468">Scam Prevention</a>
Currently Reading: A Roadmap To Career Success
Bookshelf Size: 507
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vermont-reviews.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Vermont Reviews »

The preview and your review helped me to decide to add this book of the day to my reading list. Tristan and Ember are great characters. Looking forward to reading more of the series.
Vermont Reviews
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
Robert99_Woods
Currently Reading: The 11.05 Murders
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Robert99_Woods »

Woow! Am so amused. This book has really fanscinated me. I swear if you dare read it, it'll leave you wanting more. The cover itself is pretty amazing.
Daizdavid056
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Daizdavid056 »

nice review, the book is interesting and wonderful for reading just looking a head for next cop
Shrabastee Chakraborty
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 1153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee-chakraborty.html
Latest Review: The Infinite Passion of Life by D.J. Paolini

Post by Shrabastee Chakraborty »

Thanks for sharing your view. From the review the book sounds an enjoyable read that I am going to take up for sure. Both the premise and the plot are interesting enough to draw me in. I like our hero's character as well.
Rosemary Wright
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Author: Sydney Sheldon
Favorite Book: Spanky
Currently Reading: Culture Man
Bookshelf Size: 689
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-wright.html
Latest Review: Gods Whisper Always Near by Sharon Williams
Reading Device: Android

Post by Rosemary Wright »

A captivating and enjoyable sci-fi novel for young adults. I'm glad you enjoyed reading it. I hope I find the time to read it soon. Thanks for the review.
Chanti Stargirl
Currently Reading: The Improbable Wonders of Moojie Littleman
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chanti-stargirl.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Post by Chanti Stargirl »

This book sounds like a fun read, I'll definitely give it a try. Thank you for the review.
andyl123

Post by andyl123 »

-Zeva-
My first impression when reading it, is its very detailed. The way how Tristan feel and what the surroundings feel like. You really can feel it,the atmosphere of how the main character feels. Although its story is very similar to the movie called Divergent wherein theyve been teach to do what their father and foe-father to do to survive and cant leave their place.And they tried to escape from it.Well nevermind about that. I think its because ive read and watch too many stories.
But,
Story written is very good, it already got an impact on its first story and it kept me reading for more.Theres also the funny part just some are not that good.
Yes i enjoyed reading Zeva because everytime theres always something interesting popping up just got a little dissapointed at ending, it feels like it need more like what happens to Tristan and Ember? I keep sliding, oh no more pages.
jaliper
Currently Reading: The Healer
Bookshelf Size: 598

Post by jaliper »

This is clearly a very interesting book. I can really feel how passionately you feel towards this book and it makes me want to read it immediately. Thank you for taking the time to review it in depth.
Loissa56

Post by Loissa56 »

I love science fiction novels and I know Im going to love this one. Let me get my coffee ready.
The cover is a thumbs up👍
Joannuru001

Post by Joannuru001 »

It a nice book..... love this zevain law.......also embarrassed by the law that no falling in love..... congrats author : :eusa-think:
SP33DY+H33DY+R3ADY
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by SP33DY+H33DY+R3ADY »

This first book depicts a fictional story involving two worlds, Earth and the title of the book 'Zeva'. The beings on this other planet Zeva, have various super-human abilities and solely exist to protect earth and its inhabitants in case it was necessary. Zevians can morph into different types of beings and creatures on their 17th birthday further enhancing their capabilities.

The story revolves around the life of a Zevian boy named Tristan. He was trained to reserve peace in his life unlike other zevians who trained with ferocity. Hence his character seems special and is portrayed so as well. He spends a lot of time with a very special friend on his home planet trying to find a portal to earth due to his curiosity. When he gets there without this friend, he meets someone special again. This person has premonitions that indicate to the boy that earth is going to need protection in the future. But, in order for himself to be eligible to be a knight in shining armor he always wanted, he has to win the annual muddock on his planet which is a tournament of strength and wit.

Very interesting book and vivid explanations describing the differences between both worlds. Also the thoughts of each person were explained very well.
Yoli García
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yoli-garc-a.html
Latest Review: A taste of Cuba by Birgitte R&oslash;ddik

Post by Yoli García »

I read it after reading your review, and it is as awesome as you said. I could not put it down! I am trolling the author online too. I soooo wanna know what happens next! :D
"What matters in life is not what happens to you but what you remember and how you remember it."

-Gabriel García Márquez

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”