Official Review: Zeva by Tesha Finley

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Re: Official Review: Zeva by Tesha Finley

Post by kandscreeley »

cpru68 wrote: 04 Apr 2018, 21:48 Very nicely described! There are not a lot of young adult books that are G rated, so it’s nice to hear of something that is engaging without questionable themes or subjects. I am always on the look out for books of this nature even for myself as I do enjoy a good light read here and there. Very nice review.
I agree! Sometimes it's nice to sit back and enjoy a book without having to think too hard! Thanks!
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

Sahani Nimandra wrote: 05 Apr 2018, 06:51 I can imagine you TROLLING around this! 😂 Great review as always Kands! The book sounds very lively with romance and action. Really great!
There are books that I have trolled Amazon for in the past. I must admit, if they don't come out in a timely manner, I do sort of write them off. It's frustrating to wait and wait and wait for the next book in the series. Especially when the author promises it at a certain time and doesn't deliver. :)
—Neil Gaiman
kfwilson6
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Lord of Chaos
Bookshelf Size: 298
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfwilson6.html
Latest Review: The Stone Wall Crossing by Alice Schellhorn Magrane
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by kfwilson6 »

I didn't even need to read your review past the synopsis and the 4 star rating to know I would want to read this one. I did however read your entire review and I'm ready to delve into this series. I will have to check future publication dates for the rest of the series though as I like to read a series all in one go. Thanks for the review. This one is right up my alley!
Sammi Anne
Currently Reading: When Ice Cream is Not Enough
Bookshelf Size: 16

Post by Sammi Anne »

The cover of this book was so attractive and, after reading this review, so is the story itself. I've been reading a lot of fantasy books lately and after reading this, I am looking forward to reading this at some point soon. It sounds like such an interesting story with characters that are equally as interesting.
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

kfwilson6 wrote: 05 Apr 2018, 13:52 I didn't even need to read your review past the synopsis and the 4 star rating to know I would want to read this one. I did however read your entire review and I'm ready to delve into this series. I will have to check future publication dates for the rest of the series though as I like to read a series all in one go. Thanks for the review. This one is right up my alley!
Thanks! That's really kind of you to say. I hope you enjoy this one.
—Neil Gaiman
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

Sammi Anne wrote: 09 Apr 2018, 11:51 The cover of this book was so attractive and, after reading this review, so is the story itself. I've been reading a lot of fantasy books lately and after reading this, I am looking forward to reading this at some point soon. It sounds like such an interesting story with characters that are equally as interesting.
It was enjoyable. I hope that if you decide to read it, you enjoy it as well!
—Neil Gaiman
NL Hartje
Favorite Book: Kushiel's Dart
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 385
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nl-hartje.html
Latest Review: Looking forward as the Journey continues by George Mills

Post by NL Hartje »

How fun! You say that Zeva (the location) was fascinating and you've made me want to know more! Is this a technologically advanced society who come to help Earth or more of a Stargate scenario where much of the planet is unadvanced?
“So the writer who breeds more words than he needs, is making a chore for the reader who reads.”
-Dr. Seuss
Eileen R
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Currently Reading: Toni the Superhero
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eileen-r.html
Latest Review: Manifesto for a Cancer Patient by Colleen Huber, NMD

Post by Eileen R »

The book has a really interesting concept.I'd love to know more about the love story between Tristan and Ember, it's so intriguing. This book is definitely on my must read list. Thanks for the review.
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

NL Hartje wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 00:19 How fun! You say that Zeva (the location) was fascinating and you've made me want to know more! Is this a technologically advanced society who come to help Earth or more of a Stargate scenario where much of the planet is unadvanced?
Kind of neither. It's an alternate dimension where the Zevians exist to be guardians. It's just unique.
—Neil Gaiman
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

Eileen R wrote: 14 Apr 2018, 13:45 The book has a really interesting concept.I'd love to know more about the love story between Tristan and Ember, it's so intriguing. This book is definitely on my must read list. Thanks for the review.
I really enjoyed it! I am looking forward to the second in the series. Thanks!
—Neil Gaiman
Ginnamassa19
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ginnamassa19.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Ginnamassa19 »

This sounds like a really fun read, and you've really piqued my interest with this review! I love fantasy, although I will say the plot does sound a little cliched--the whole boy-meets-girl, life-or-death love situation is a trope I've seen in a lot of books--but cliches are awesome if written well, and your critique has left no doubt that this is definitely the case :D

Thank you for writing this review, I found it really helpful and it's made me want to give this book a go! :)
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by Jackie Holycross »

YA and sci-fi - sounds great. I like the idea of seeing Earth as the foreign land from the Zevian's point of view.
maggiechap
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maggiechap.html
Latest Review: The Cult Next Door by Elizabeth R. Burchard, Judith L. Carlone

Post by maggiechap »

Great review! This book sounds like a lot of fun! I'm not much for sci-fi, but I'll definitely have to check it out!
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

Ginnamassa19 wrote: 13 May 2018, 09:00 This sounds like a really fun read, and you've really piqued my interest with this review! I love fantasy, although I will say the plot does sound a little cliched--the whole boy-meets-girl, life-or-death love situation is a trope I've seen in a lot of books--but cliches are awesome if written well, and your critique has left no doubt that this is definitely the case :D

Thank you for writing this review, I found it really helpful and it's made me want to give this book a go! :)
I can see where you would say it's a bit cliched, but it was still a very lovely read!
—Neil Gaiman
gali
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

A book about an alien race that lives in another dimension and are tasked with the protection of Earth sounds intriguing. Add to it forbidden love, refreshing world building, and action and you got me hooked. Although I am not fond of cliffhanger ending, I will give it a chance as I like the concept of the book. Thank you for the review!
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”