Official Review: The Wall by Some Guy

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
okayode
Currently Reading: Satan and Me and OBE
Bookshelf Size: 110

Re: Official Review: The Wall by Some Guy

Post by okayode »

Nice review. Even though the book seems bulky, I want to read this book. It's filled with lodes of interesting characters and a horror, captivating, and suspense filled story line. congratulations on BOTD.
elizab8
Currently Reading: Blood and Roses
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elizab8.html
Latest Review: Ironbark Hill by Jennie Linnane

Post by elizab8 »

I have read comic books since high school, saw a few movies of the books read; and a little synopsis of the "Wall" in preview somewhere before. Those tooth fangs turn me off, it is a little longer than "Count Dracula" and I have seen almost all of Dracula thrillers in sci-fi.

You rating the book a 3 out of 4 rating, proves to me that it is good to read. And it is also graphically illustrated and I like an illustrated novel at times. But that is not enough, I don't think I would read this book or even rate it. I have "goose bumps" watching the cover.

"Great Review"
eddix
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eddix.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by eddix »

Good review. The book seems interesting, but it's a bit too gruesome for me. I think I'll pass on this one.
tarafarah7
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">tuesdays with Morrie</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1437
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarafarah7.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2544

Post by tarafarah7 »

Thank you for your insightful and thorough review of today's BOTD. :-) Unfortunately, this is not one I am interested in reading, as it is not my preferred genre, but it sounds great for readers who enjoy a suspenseful, action-packed, illustrated story with elements of horror and the supernatural. Also, so great of the author to offer Book 2 for free with the purchase of this one! Thanks, again! :-)
joshfee77
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 251
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joshfee77.html
Latest Review: In Time Forever by Stefan Raicu

Post by joshfee77 »

Thanks for your very detailed review! I myself love suspense, horror and the supernatural, so these are definitely elements that would appeal to me. It sounds like the characters were well-drawn for such a short novella, too. Just a shame you didn't get the closure on the early scenes - that sort of thing can be frustrating as a reader.
diaki103
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by diaki103 »

the book can be understood as fairly radical criticism of modern civilization. the protagonist is forced to return to a more natural way of life, showing how useless cultural goods become in situations such as the one described in the novel and how life in the city makes people unfit for living in harmony with nature
axtelldm
Currently Reading: Dark Places
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-axtelldm.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by axtelldm »

The Wall is not my sort of book, but I did like the characters who seemed real and well developed. The story grabs you right from the beginning and makes you want to keep reading. It also is humorous and not dark and dreary.
BookishCreature
Currently Reading: Travels with Vamper
Bookshelf Size: 247
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookishcreature.html
Latest Review: The Library of Secrets: The Giant Mistake by Zoe Penn

Post by BookishCreature »

This looks like a neat sci-fi novella, but it's a shame about the grammar and typos - especially the one on the cover! :/ I don't think this is a book for me, but I appreciate your thoughtful review!
Alwaystkd
Currently Reading: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alwaystkd.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Alwaystkd »

This book seems very interesting but I am not sure I would enjoy it though. I love stories that move along smoothly and keep me turning the page. If the book left you wondering in the end where the the rest of the story was that would make me disgusted.
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

I like this brother-in-arms story with characters with such names as Gunn, Scorpio,Demoney, and even Bananas! Building a wall by the POTUS has never been more real! Thanks MsTri for the wonderful review.
Gods Monkey
Currently Reading: The Morning Mind
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gods-monkey.html
Latest Review: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by Gods Monkey »

I found this review confusing. Every criticism the reviewer had they contradicted in the next sentence. Based on the sample and the review this book sounds very good. I will be adding this to my must read list!
Lenny1886
Currently Reading: Sense and Sensibility
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lenny1886.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Lenny1886 »

The book description is definetly nothing like what I imagined the story was about from looking at the cover. I’m not going to say I’ll read it, but I do like the reminder that it’s true when they say you can’t judge a book by its cover.
tamdlyte
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ittersweet: Sanctuary (Part 1 of 3)</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 295
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by tamdlyte »

Some Guy wrote a book just for me with “whispers of horror” and supernatural thrills! :)
Melchi Asuma
Currently Reading: Patch Man
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melchi-asuma.html
Latest Review: The Roving Mind: A Modern Approach to Cognitive Enhancement by Anthony Simola
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Melchi Asuma »

The name of the author is more intriguing than the book itself. And that's enough reasons to sell me in.
MA
Melchi Asuma
Currently Reading: Patch Man
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melchi-asuma.html
Latest Review: The Roving Mind: A Modern Approach to Cognitive Enhancement by Anthony Simola
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Melchi Asuma »

Also this is a great review. The story is also good with the unveiling of the wall and its frustration seeming like a very relevant theme.
MA

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”