Official Review: The Unfortunate Expiration of Mr. David ...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
truebookaddict
Favorite Book: The Historian
Currently Reading: Children of the Dark
Bookshelf Size: 3838
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-truebookaddict.html
Reading Device: B00TSUGXKE

Re: Official Review: The Unfortunate Expiration of Mr. David ...

Post by truebookaddict »

I think this story sounds amazing. I like that we learn what's what along with the character. That, to me, would make for an interesting journey through the story. Looking forward to reading this one. Thanks for your insight!
“Even if she be not harmed, her heart may fail her in so much and so many horrors; and hereafter she may suffer--both in waking, from her nerves, and in sleep, from her dreams.”
― Bram Stoker, Dracula
ruchira
Currently Reading: Heartaches 2
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by ruchira »

I must rate 03 out of 04 this novel. Any reader have an ability to reveal the story fastest than other novels... Challenges of Science & Technology were dramatically revealed in this novel...
AmandaBrooks112
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by AmandaBrooks112 »

This book sounds like an intriguing read. I have a certain fondness for post apocalyptic science fiction. I'm particularly excited about the references "fresh" and "unique" as made in regards to this tale.
CaitlinGonya
Currently Reading: Heart of Iron
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caitlingonya.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery by R.F. Kristi

Post by CaitlinGonya »

I'm not sure this is a book for me but I do want to research it some more. I like the different dystopian types of writing but this one involing people living longer has me concerned. Great review though.
Jamasenu
Favorite Author: Valerie Wilson Wesley
Currently Reading: Change Your Thinking Transform Your Life: 21 Truths to Renew Your Mind in Christ
Bookshelf Size: 1547
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jamasenu.html
Latest Review: Roadmap to the End of Days by Daniel Friedmann
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 125603

Post by Jamasenu »

The title caught my attention. Your review and the storyline provided by Amazon determined for me that it's not my cup of tea. I would rather read a classic than to get bogged down in the unknown and trying to figure out what I just read.
To survive, you must tell stories.
― Umberto Eco, The Island of the Day Before
bootsie0126+
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bootsie0126.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: B01GEW27DA

Post by bootsie0126+ »

When I went to Amazon to view the details of the book, I was not looking forward to reading any the sample. However, after reading the first half of your review, my interest was piqued and reading the sample didn't seem like a bad decision. Unfortunately, as I was reading more of your review, I lost interest quickly when you mentioned the difficulties you had in the beginning, jumping around in the story and editing issues. This type of book would be difficult for me to get into on its own, and with the added problems you mentioned, it seems like it would be too much to enjoy.
gaygothcousin
Currently Reading: The Nearest Exit May Be Behind You
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gaygothcousin.html
Latest Review: Heaven and Earth by Arturo Riojas

Post by gaygothcousin »

An interesting sounding book that I will certainly have to check out.
Philosophy is certainly something common to dystopian novels, largely due to the speculative nature of them. Few do it well though, but from what you've said it certainly sounds as if this novel handled it well.
reayne62
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by reayne62 »

I also found the beginning of this book a bit confusing. It was, however, just intriguing enough to make me consider reading the entire book, and your review added to that intrigue.

On a side note, I did not have the paragraph issue that you mentioned. The formatting on mine was completely normal.
Mouricia Allen
Currently Reading: Covet (Fallen Angels Series #1)
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mouricia25.html
Latest Review: The Life Inside Maggie Pincus by David I. Billingham
Reading Device: B01N3UC27N

Post by Mouricia Allen »

This sounds like a book I would actually like read or the very least have it turned into a movie. I like the way the plot sounds, however, I would not care for the formatting.
beck0823
Currently Reading: Twisted Threads
Bookshelf Size: 26

Post by beck0823 »

Dystopian/post-apocalyptic fiction has become so common recently, so it is nice to hear that this book offers a fresh take. I would like to check it out, although the formatting issue does sound distracting. But I will probably still give it a go, good review!
Scerakor
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 315
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scerakor.html
Latest Review: Gaslighting & Narcissistic Abuse Recovery: by Don Barlow

Post by Scerakor »

I love a great post apocalypse fiction novel and the reviewer seems to think that this one brings a fresh perspective thi the genre. The idea of the world falling apart since we were too advanced medically is not only plausible, but quite frankly scary!
vinodsai
Currently Reading: From Drift to SHIFT
Bookshelf Size: 299

Post by vinodsai »

Fascinating review. The plot seems strong, but I am intrigued enough to want to read the sample. Love to read Dystopian/post-apocalyptic fiction which focus on technology and genetics.
Sindhu Srinath
Currently Reading: Last Dance
Bookshelf Size: 272
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sindhu-srinath.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill
Reading Device: B06Y66GMC5

Post by Sindhu Srinath »

This seems to be a cute little dystopian read. I hope that the editing and formatting issues may be rectified so that we get a very good book. Congrats on the honest review.
Ajbish
Currently Reading: A Kingdom Forgotten
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by Ajbish »

Thank-you for this review. It is interesting to think of a book that could represent the path we are taking now. I'm not sure if I'll read it as of yet but it's definitely something I could see myself diving into. If for nothing more than some dystopia mayhem.
Elle Howard
Currently Reading: If life stinks get your head outta your buts
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elle-howard.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by Elle Howard »

Great review! This is not my typical genre but the premise is quite fascinating. A compromised food supply and a growing population we are unable to feed seems like a realistic scenario. I think thus is a novel I would enjoy. I will add this one to my bookshelf.
Any book that helps a child to form a habit of reading, to make reading one of his deep and continuing needs, is good for him.
–Maya Angelou

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”