Official Review: The Unfortunate Expiration of Mr. David ...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
C_r_c
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Official Review: The Unfortunate Expiration of Mr. David ...

Post by C_r_c »

I was confused at first, but then I couldn’t stop reading the sample. The author touches on the world’s population ( in the not so distant future), how food is grown and made to feed the huge population, and travel. Definitely eye opening, kind of spooky, but the story line fits! It could happen!
This book is definitely going to be on my list.
ayoomisope
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayoomisope.html
Latest Review: Absolute Truth by Joab Russo

Post by ayoomisope »

Nice review. A post-apocalyptic book with a unique perspective would be awesome to read. This is what Aicher brings to the table in this book.
“Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.”
― Charles William Eliot
stedape
Currently Reading: The Surgeon's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stedape.html
Latest Review: Puffy and the Formidable Foe by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by stedape »

Bill Aicher has delivered a book on a dystopian future. A philosophical read that promises to be gripping and fascinating.
Ferdinand_Otieno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

This will be an amazing reading for me based on the excellent onlinebookclub review that I read. I can't wait to start the book.
Jk_reid
Currently Reading: Satan and Me and OBE
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Jk_reid »

The story is definitely one that I would like to finish in full. The sample that I read introduced me to David, who appears to be the protagonist waking in a lush green field. The language used by the author is beautifully descriptive and really takes you into the scene.
David comes across Calvin, who it appears he can trust.
There appear to be ‘sides’ in the narrative, where there are those that you can trust and those who are not to be trusted. There is a definite post-apocalyptic feel to the story which was conveyed strongly, with elements that the sample left you wanting to find out more about. Scientific elements such as the poisoning of water and food, through to using ocular recognition to open doors and speeding through the underground at extraordinary time rates makes for mystery and excitement. I rate the sample read 3 out of 4, and look forward to more from this author.
Bernard1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bernard1.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by Bernard1 »

I like the practical bit of it in that it touches quite a contentious issue - genetically modified issues!

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”