Wizard's First Rule by Terry Goodkind

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
WillowStarSerenity
Currently Reading: Loved
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-willowstarserenity.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Wizard's First Rule by Terry Goodkind

Post by WillowStarSerenity »

Richard loves his life. He has an amazing father. He has a brother who is constantly advancing in his political career. He has two amazing friends who he can trust with his all. He even has what he considers an amazing. Then, his world is turned upside down when his father is savagely murdered. And if isn't the worst of it, he finds a stranger from a different land. Upon discovering why she's here, he also discovers that life as he knows it will never be the same for him again.

I really loved this book. This is my second time reading it. The first time I actually read it. That was many years ago and I never really continued reading the rest of the series. As I decided that I want to read the rest of the series, I decided to go back and reread this one. I'm glad I did. I had forgotten so many details from the first time around. I am also fortunate to have stumbled upon the audiobook for this book. The narrator did a fantastic job! I loved it! Makes me want to listen to the rest of the series in audio.

The flow of this story was so smooth. I can't even begin to elaborate. The only thing I can say I had an issue with is the time span. It's kind of unclear how much time actually passes during some parts of the story. That's the only real issue I had with everything. I loved the flow of it. I was kept on edge for many parts of this book.

The characters were pretty amazing themselves. It was impossible not to love the protagonists and despise the antagonists. There was an antagonist in the book that I couldn't help connecting with, though. I'm not going to say who because I don't want to spoil the story. All I can say is that when you read it, you'll understand.

I give this book a full five-star rating. It was a great book. I'm sure that the rest of this series will be just as fantastic. I can't wait to dig my teeth into them. I want to find out what happens to all of the characters from here. To say I'm fully invested in this story would be pointing out the obvious to the millionth degree.
Sakilunamermaid
Currently Reading: Ready Player One
Bookshelf Size: 481
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Sakilunamermaid »

This is a really cool story. I heard about it because of the TV series Legend of the Seeker. I stumbled upon the book at a second hand store and made the connection years later. Have to put this book higher on my to be read list.
WillowStarSerenity
Currently Reading: Loved
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-willowstarserenity.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by WillowStarSerenity »

It will definitely be worth it! I can't wait to get into the rest of the series!
Shaggy-Reads
Currently Reading: Bound in Flames
Bookshelf Size: 393
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shaggy-reads.html
Latest Review: A Kingdom Forgotten by Charles W. McDonald Jr.

Post by Shaggy-Reads »

I found this series years ago after devouring everything by R.A. Salvatore and needing something else to read. It was a lucky find and one I have never regretted. Richard, Kahlan, and Zedd are some of the best characters I have ever come across and the antagonist isn’t too shabby either; I actually love how he is written. Every book in this series is a continuation but also self-supporting with their own plots, details, and jaw droppingly FANTASTIC!!!

If you can find Debt of Bones by Goodkind you might consider reading it before proceeding further in the “Sword of Truth” series. It is Zedd’s story and will help outline the series and specifics of how certain roles of the players within the series are structured and the purpose of them. It is an actual outline of the series that explains why things occurred and who was involved. Plus, you get to read about a young Zedd and his role.

You may also enjoy the Gemma Doyle Trilogy by. Libby Bray. That is an outstanding series with a new spin on the fantasy plot, characters, and generational similarities.

Read on and Enjoy :techie-studyingbrown:

“Choice is always there even when there seems to be none; choose wisely. You are a product of those choices.”
“Choice is always there even when there seems to be none; choose wisely. You are a product of those choices.” :lire4:
maggiechap
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maggiechap.html
Latest Review: The Cult Next Door by Elizabeth R. Burchard, Judith L. Carlone

Post by maggiechap »

This looks like it might be my kind of book. Oddly, I haven't heard of the series, though it may be that I have and just forgot.
Sweetp120
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweetp120.html
Latest Review: Purgatory's Angel by B Hughes-Millman

Post by Sweetp120 »

I loved this book as well as the second currently cant find my copy of the third book but I would love to see their adaptation of this book in the tv series legend of the seeker
decafmama
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-decafmama.html
Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis

Post by decafmama »

I loved this series! I believe he came out with a few sequels as well set in the same world, but have yet to pick them up.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”