Featured Official Review: Child of Fire by Ela Lourenco

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
strawberrysab
Currently Reading: The Keeper of Lost Things
Bookshelf Size: 161
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-strawberrysab.html
Latest Review: Maddy's Wings by Jan porter

Re: Featured Official Review: Child of Fire by Ela Lourenco

Post by strawberrysab »

I was actually thinking of reading the first book when I saw your review for this one. My entire family has a particular love for dragons, so this is a series I will definitely read. Thanks!
Berry :wine:
jenanadera
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by jenanadera »

This is my first story that i read . Very entertaining because i love action story.
Thank you for sharing
Damaris Juliet
Favorite Book: The Book of Joy
Currently Reading: One Way or Another (The Sisters Quartet)
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-damaris-juliet.html
Latest Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles

Post by Damaris Juliet »

I like watching movies dealing with magics and vampires but reading them I find it hard,nevertheless your review is good.
Lenza
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by Lenza »

First the cover looks amazing. From the review, the book seems very interesting. The who fantasy and fiction is one of the aspects of a book that keeps the reader enjoying the book and not wish to read skip ahead due to utter boredom. I personally haven't read the entire book but I'm planning to start.
AWANDO OGUTU
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-awando-ogutu.html
Latest Review: Brand Real by Vasken Kalayjian

Post by AWANDO OGUTU »

It's inhumane to hunt and kill all the dragons of the world. Some could be useful Lara who with her other friends help the Prince reclaim his throne.
Rosielynjana

Post by Rosielynjana »

It's sounds interesting ...
When lara turns into a dragon..
Amazing... :)
Ojehomon Pascal

Post by Ojehomon Pascal »

Thrilling, captivating and A-class write up, just have to be detailed in some key part of the story without going out of the context of the book, like the training of her dragon part.
I think it is a must read for everyone
Safdarchohaan

Post by Safdarchohaan »

It's a very thrilling story i like it.There are so many characters like dragon."But i have a question?".I have watched many movies like "avatar".When we decieve our this world and try to find out other planet to survive and at last we face many dangerous problems then i think that our struggle should be clean,peace and safe our earth and it is more easy then to find new planet or world.
Am i right?
Paiges-reads
Favorite Book: Immortals' Requiem
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paiges-reads.html
Latest Review: Fish Wielder by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by Paiges-reads »

I love love love books about dragons, books where people are friends with dragons, books where people are dragons?? Amazing, every one. Then add other magic and multiple planes of existence? This sounds like my perfect cup of tea. I've been fascinated with dragons from a young age and would only want to read books with dragons in them when I started out. My reading taste has expanded since then, but I still love a good dragon book and they hold a special place in my heart. Can't wait to read this one! Thanks for the review!
Amy+++
Favorite Book: The Mister
Currently Reading: Last Chance Cafe
Bookshelf Size: 219
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy.html
Latest Review: The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance by Morris Rollins
Reading Device: B01CRGNO4S

Post by Amy+++ »

Will definitely have to read the next one!
NL Hartje
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Kushiel's Dart
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 385
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nl-hartje.html
Latest Review: Looking forward as the Journey continues by George Mills

Post by NL Hartje »

Safdarchohaan wrote: 02 Jul 2018, 03:51 It's a very thrilling story i like it.There are so many characters like dragon."But i have a question?".I have watched many movies like "avatar".When we decieve our this world and try to find out other planet to survive and at last we face many dangerous problems then i think that our struggle should be clean,peace and safe our earth and it is more easy then to find new planet or world.
Am i right?
I suppose the answer to your question lies in whether or not the "new" world was previously inhabited or not.
“So the writer who breeds more words than he needs, is making a chore for the reader who reads.”
-Dr. Seuss
NL Hartje
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Kushiel's Dart
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 385
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nl-hartje.html
Latest Review: Looking forward as the Journey continues by George Mills

Post by NL Hartje »

Paiges-reads wrote: 02 Jul 2018, 11:58 I love love love books about dragons, books where people are friends with dragons, books where people are dragons?? Amazing, every one. Then add other magic and multiple planes of existence? This sounds like my perfect cup of tea. I've been fascinated with dragons from a young age and would only want to read books with dragons in them when I started out. My reading taste has expanded since then, but I still love a good dragon book and they hold a special place in my heart. Can't wait to read this one! Thanks for the review!
Oh, I hope you get the time! It's such a fast read and I would love to hear your opinion!
“So the writer who breeds more words than he needs, is making a chore for the reader who reads.”
-Dr. Seuss
RishyR
Currently Reading: Walking Disaster
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rishyr.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by RishyR »

I love fantasy novels, but this doesn't seem like the right fit for me.
Although, based off your review, I might be tempted to give it a go as you mentioned it was a quick read and the book does seem interesting enough with the conflict she's experiencing accepting her dragon half. Who doesn't love a good dragon story.
Very nice review, good job!
amsula_2018
Favorite Book: Angels & Demons
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amsula-2018.html
Latest Review: The Traveler's Best Seller by Rick Incorvia

Post by amsula_2018 »

prettysmart wrote: 03 Mar 2018, 15:41 This review reminds me of memoirs of my childhood...super active, wild imagination filled with fantasy of different realms, parallel universes and mystical creatures lol...great review!
Yup, kind a remind me of the days of my childhood, though mine is to ride one not to become a dragon.
"If you can't reduce your argument to a few crisp words and phrases,
there's something wrong with your argument." ~ M. Saatchi
Praise17

Post by Praise17 »

Wow, I so much love this story, full of adventure. Kodus to the author, we're expecting more

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”