Featured Official Review: Child of Fire by Ela Lourenco

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kklover
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Featured Official Review: Child of Fire by Ela Lourenco

Post by Kklover »

I’ve read a couple of books from this Author and I can say that this one is surprising! I love books that rolls into each because it acts like a movie. I wish I was this teenager; finding out that I was a dragon. That’s amazing. The author’s words are always at its best.
Nmesoma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nmesoma.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Nmesoma »

A she-dragon trying to survive in the human world? It definitely peaks my interest, and I love the review. As for cliffhanger stories, they're always my go-to
Cate Mbevi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cate-mbevi.html
Latest Review: The Attuned by Gary B. Haley

Post by Cate Mbevi »

Thanks for the great review. More than the literal part of the story, I believe there is a "dragon" in each of us which we struggle to hide but it insists on being shown out. Our dragons can save humanity but can also destroy it if not kept on check.
Kaydee Yaleni
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Bookshelf Size: 370
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaydee-yaleni.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by Kaydee Yaleni »

Thank you for this lovely review - this book series sounds like it is right up my alley and I am going to add this to my want-to-read list for sure! I absolutely love fantasy books that are set in a different world that needs describing, and the way you've summarised it is already making video-game-style cut scenes appear in m mind's eye. It sounds like it's all very vividly described!

I'm less keen about the puppy love, but it's hard to find a book featuring teenagers that doesn't have some romance in it, so I guess I'll bear with it. And yes, it sounds a real shame that the training isn't gone into in detail - exercises and progress are always a fun and sometimes inspiring read. Usually, that's also where one can gain a deeper understanding of how exactly the magic / abilities in this particular world works, whether it be something to do with resolve or focus or imagination or just directing a "tingly" feeling to a particular body part.

Glad to hear it is beautifully edited, can't wait to give it a read soon!
Kashosi
Currently Reading: Gringo
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kashosi.html
Latest Review: Real Secrets Of Life by Krishna Jagarnath

Post by Kashosi »

I am not a fun of sci-fi but i will recommend the book to a friend.
Mendix
Currently Reading: The Runaway Jury
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Mendix »

Am definitely a fantasy lover,particularly dragons.
Nice review.
dswitsalt_9
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30

Post by dswitsalt_9 »

Let me tell you what this review did to me. It made me want to go get the first book and spend the hours of reading it beside the sea. And it reminds me of my childhood fantasies. This' a must read! But the first book first!
AmberNDavis
Currently Reading:

Post by AmberNDavis »

After reading the review I am interested in this book for the mystical creatures and who does not love a little puppy love!
kmkline120
Currently Reading: Tiny Beautiful Things
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kmkline120.html
Latest Review: If life stinks get your head outta your buts by Mark L. Wdowiak

Post by kmkline120 »

I am not usually too interested in fantasy, but this sounds like a fun read. I love a good coming-of-age story and it sounds like the character has pretty typical human traits, so the dragon/shape shifting aspect sounds like a fun twist!
adeleye_mariam
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by adeleye_mariam »

Wow! I wonder how life will really be In the eyes of Lola coming to the awareness of her dragon self being and the fear of being hunt down... The book will be kind of interesting tho... Rated 4stars
holsam_87
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 1691
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-holsam-87.html
Latest Review: Herai by Aaron D Key
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by holsam_87 »

This sounds like a series that is right up my alley. I'm loving the positive views of dragons, considering that most of the time they are seen as more evil.
Samantha Holtsclaw

“We’ve all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That’s who we really are.”

—J. K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Latest Review: Herai by Aaron D Key
izzyskylar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by izzyskylar »

This book sounds a bit like Eragon, which is a book I enjoyed immensely. It sound like a wonderful series that could turn into a great movie. Thank you for such an informative review
KitabuKizuri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kitabukizuri.html
Latest Review: Mysteries Of the First Instant by Daniel Friedmann

Post by KitabuKizuri »

This book has a very captivating title. The theme may not be my cup of tea but it seems very entertaining from this review.
Dedana
Currently Reading:

Post by Dedana »

this is a very good book for the young adults, information flows very well and it's better connected. I liked it, no appropriate sex, no abuse of language
Mutinda Kyele
Currently Reading:

Post by Mutinda Kyele »

The child of fire
By Ela Laurenco

much interesting since it sparks out imaginations on reactions of these supernatural creatures again it employs a vantage view of the existing universe and other universe we hear of

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”