Official Review: The Elf Directive - Book Seven of the Ma...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Re: Official Review: The Elf Directive - Book Seven of the Ma...

Post by kandscreeley »

Miriam Molina wrote: 15 Feb 2018, 21:28 Hi, Kandscreeley! Book 7 now! Sadly, I'm stuck with Book 3. I really have to work double-time.

I am surprised that Mr. J continues to have these homophone errors, after seven books. I hope he gets somebody to help him clear the errors so that people will have no reason not to read these books. (I'd love to volunteer if he'll have me.)

Santa out in space! Do the reindeer still do the deliveries? Mistletoe is still up to his evil ways, that vicious elf! And Emiko, likewise still the bad lady. Ooooh, I have to get back to my reading before the next Christmas comes!
Just wait until you see where Emiko and Mistletoe Green come from! That happens in books 4,5 & 6... It's really amazing to see them at their beginnings. You've got a long way to go. :)
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

pauljames_03 wrote: 15 Feb 2018, 21:34 Thank you for your review. Simple yet strange mystery books are what my younger sister craves for. I would recommend this series to her.
You'll have to let me know if she likes it! Thanks for commenting!
—Neil Gaiman
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

kislany wrote: 16 Feb 2018, 03:35 I really enjoy following your review of each of the Magi Charter books. I'm seriously considering picking them up as well, which I might do if the first one in the series is offered anytime soon.
You should pick them up. It's amazing the detail that he has put into his worlds. It's really something else. Thanks for commenting!
—Neil Gaiman
Chelsy Scherba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jordan David
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 837
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelsy-scherba.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
fav_author_id: 64963

Post by Chelsy Scherba »

I only read the last three paragraphs of your review because I don’t want spoilers!! I’m so glad you liked this book. I love the series so far and just finished book two. I can’t believe how great an author he is!
Kat Berg
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Raven's Peak</a>
Currently Reading: James Baldwin
Bookshelf Size: 223
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kat-berg.html
Latest Review: Why Am I Here by Melvin Bell
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Kat Berg »

kislany wrote: 16 Feb 2018, 03:35 I really enjoy following your review of each of the Magi Charter books. I'm seriously considering picking them up as well, which I might do if the first one in the series is offered anytime soon.
Kislany, I was thinking the same thing. When I saw this review I was hoping that it was Kandscreely and not anyone else who had grabbed it to review.

Kandscreely, I think you may have sucked me in with your reviews! I haven't grabbed these yet just because I couldn't imagine reading a nine book series about Santa, but this last review helped me to realize this isn't your everyday ordinary book about Santa. (little note, I kept unintentionally switching Santa to Satan in my head as I read your review! Not quite the same impression when you do that I must say! :lol: ) thanks for the review.
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

Momiji1987 wrote: 18 Feb 2018, 00:08 I only read the last three paragraphs of your review because I don’t want spoilers!! I’m so glad you liked this book. I love the series so far and just finished book two. I can’t believe how great an author he is!
You've got a ways to go. I'm glad you have liked it. I won't give anything away. Thanks for commenting!
—Neil Gaiman
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

Kat Berg wrote: 18 Feb 2018, 02:33
Kislany, I was thinking the same thing. When I saw this review I was hoping that it was Kandscreely and not anyone else who had grabbed it to review.

Kandscreely, I think you may have sucked me in with your reviews! I haven't grabbed these yet just because I couldn't imagine reading a nine book series about Santa, but this last review helped me to realize this isn't your everyday ordinary book about Santa. (little note, I kept unintentionally switching Santa to Satan in my head as I read your review! Not quite the same impression when you do that I must say! :lol: ) thanks for the review.
Oh no! This is definitely more than just Santa. There's so many fascinating characters. Even the way they construct the North Pole (but that's not until book 4.) It's really interesting.

I'm so grateful that the author has given me the chance to review this series. I'm addicted now!
—Neil Gaiman
AbbyGNelson
Currently Reading: Heir to the Empire
Bookshelf Size: 839
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abbygnelson.html
Latest Review: Asa's Gift by Isaac Green

Post by AbbyGNelson »

I'm considering it too! I feel like all the reviews I've read are pretty positive. And it sounds like the few issues don't hold it back too much, which is nice.
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

AbbyGNelson wrote: 19 Feb 2018, 11:24
I'm considering it too! I feel like all the reviews I've read are pretty positive. And it sounds like the few issues don't hold it back too much, which is nice.
I definitely recommend it. If you try it, you'll have to let me know what you think. Thanks for stopping by!
—Neil Gaiman
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

The book is interesting. You are right, we should start from the first book of the series to get full grasp of the whole story. Thanks for your comprehensive review.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

Sarah Tariq wrote: 20 Feb 2018, 11:06 The book is interesting. You are right, we should start from the first book of the series to get full grasp of the whole story. Thanks for your comprehensive review.
Thanks for your comment! I know the series isn't for everyone, but there's a lot of different material that a range of people would enjoy. I'd love to tell the author how much I've enjoyed his books and ask him how he's done it!
—Neil Gaiman
Mekkinism
Currently Reading: Raven's Peak
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mekkinism.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by Mekkinism »

You just wrote a review that actually managed to convince me that Santa Clause in space can work as an idea. It's hard to find really unique ideas that are so executed well! I think, like some others, I'm definitely put off a bit by the length of the series, but I might dip my toe in with the first book and see how I feel.
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

Mekkinism wrote: 20 Feb 2018, 21:01 You just wrote a review that actually managed to convince me that Santa Clause in space can work as an idea. It's hard to find really unique ideas that are so executed well! I think, like some others, I'm definitely put off a bit by the length of the series, but I might dip my toe in with the first book and see how I feel.
I didn't think of it that way, but that's exactly what it is I guess. It's really interesting as he is kind of whatever myth the relevant culture believes in. I will warn you that the first few books are definitely lighter in nature. They progress from there! Happy reading!
—Neil Gaiman
prettysmart
Currently Reading: Big Doc Bitteroot
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prettysmart.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery by R.F. Kristi

Post by prettysmart »

As a mystery lover myself this book would be a thrilling read...wonderful review!
Peeter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Peeter »

I have been eyeing this series for a while now, thank you for the review, seems it might even be worth my time. :)

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”