Official Review: The End of the Beginning

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Scerakor
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 315
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scerakor.html
Latest Review: Gaslighting & Narcissistic Abuse Recovery: by Don Barlow

Re: Official Review: The End of the Beginning

Post by Scerakor »

This sounds like a riveting book that pulls together many extremely touchy and pertinent themes present nowadays such as PTSD, environmental awareness, terrorism, and personal loss.
sakurakaze2020
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by sakurakaze2020 »

I've only read the first few pages of this book and I'm glad I saw this review! I'm now more excited to unravel the story especially since it does not seem like mainstream plot. Also sci-fi is really interesting and I'm looking forward to finishing the book! Thank you so much!
Love525
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Love525 »

This book seems incredibly interesting. I am so glad about the environmental aspect of it. Definitely want to read!
Chitopogi
Currently Reading: the marvelous adventures of gwendolyn gray
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chitopogi.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Chitopogi »

Great review of a pretty good story. "The End of the Beginning" by Zachary Eichholz deals with a group threatening world environment and the hero is a 'wounded soldier' with PTSD. How he uncovers UNIRO and also how he deals with his sickness makes for a very good story. I will be reading this. :tiphat: :techie-studyingbrown:
CrescentMoon
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crescentmoon.html
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey

Post by CrescentMoon »

I am a big fan of science fiction and the premise of this book is not only interesting but extremely relevant due to the given nature of climate change. I'm glad you enjoyed the book so much. Great review!
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey
mrswoodlee
Currently Reading: Dreamlander
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrswoodlee.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by mrswoodlee »

Great review! You make it sound very exciting! I'm curious how the author handles a character with PTSD. I hope they wrote it accurately and compassionately, not in a throwaway, sensationalist fashion like many do.
jennyd2003
Currently Reading: Kind Nepenthe
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennyd2003.html
Latest Review: The Witch of Endor by RK Wheeler

Post by jennyd2003 »

Great review. I can't wait to read this on entirely. I love a good suspense as to who will win. I'm rooting for William.
vinodsai
Currently Reading: From Drift to SHIFT
Bookshelf Size: 299

Post by vinodsai »

I love a good science fiction book with full of suspense. The plot is unique and loves to see how William Emerson uses the second chance he's given by the UNIRO to make a difference in the society. Surely a page-turner. Thanks so much for the awesome review.
Jamasenu
Favorite Author: Valerie Wilson Wesley
Currently Reading: Change Your Thinking Transform Your Life: 21 Truths to Renew Your Mind in Christ
Bookshelf Size: 1547
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jamasenu.html
Latest Review: Roadmap to the End of Days by Daniel Friedmann
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 125603

Post by Jamasenu »

The story sounds like a great opportunity for the main character to reconnect with himself and his possible failures. I normally don't read sci-fi stories but this one sounds very interesting.
To survive, you must tell stories.
― Umberto Eco, The Island of the Day Before
Gods Monkey
Currently Reading: The Morning Mind
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gods-monkey.html
Latest Review: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by Gods Monkey »

I’m not sure I understand what the reviewer means by “crisp” when referring to the type of book. Also I don’t understand when they said “despite the cliff hangers”, I don’t find cliff hangers to be a reason to subtract rating. This book sounds like it is right up my alley, however.
Sindhu Srinath
Currently Reading: Last Dance
Bookshelf Size: 272
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sindhu-srinath.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill
Reading Device: B06Y66GMC5

Post by Sindhu Srinath »

Sounds amazing. I want to read a story which can reverse the bad. Congrats.
mayaellenson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayaellenson.html
Latest Review: Concealment by Rose Edmunds

Post by mayaellenson »

Your review of The End of the Beginning by Zachary Eicholz elucidates very well its subject matter, the main character and the way the book is structured. From what you outlined, the book appears to be written in a pretty innovative style about a resounding topic-- saving our planet. I would like to read it.
Lesliersmith
Currently Reading: The Toki-Girl and the Sparrow-Boy Book 1
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lesliersmith.html
Latest Review: Demon Freaks by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison
Reading Device: B0051VVOB2

Post by Lesliersmith »

I am really looking forward to reading about William Ermerson. I am also interested to see what sort of environmental issues are being presented in this book. Science fiction has always been a long time favorite of mine. Thank you for your review.
Ruadhan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1115
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruadhan.html
Latest Review: Can I Be Frank? by Rob Wyatt

Post by Ruadhan »

I read a lot of science fiction, and this reviewer says this particular example has an antagonist which has well-thought out reasons for their behavior. This is unusual, and intriguing. That puts this book on my TBR pile!
dragonet07
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 23031">The Beauty of the Fall</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1718
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonet07.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by dragonet07 »

This book sounds different from a lot science fiction I've read, but in a good way. While it still clearly contains elements classic to science fiction, Terra Nova and your reaction to some of the group's arguments makes this book sound more complex than normal. This definitely makes me more interested. Thank you for the thorough and insightful review.
The more that you read,
The more things you will know.
The more that you learn,
The more places you'll go.
~Dr. Seuss

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”