Official Review: The End of the Beginning

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Karencantley1
Favorite Book: The Prize
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 135
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-karencantley1.html
Latest Review: Going Gone by Abraham Lopez

Re: Official Review: The End of the Beginning

Post by Karencantley1 »

I love the sound of this book and can’t wait to start reading it! Environmental issues are such an on-trend subject matter which raises as many questions as answers. The central character also sounds very down to earth and relatable. Thanks for the review.
Allie_L
Currently Reading: The Name of the Wind
Bookshelf Size: 25

Post by Allie_L »

What strikes me as interesting is that this book seems to deal with three of the main types of conflict; man vs.man, which would be the protagonist against the organization called Terra Nova, man vs. himself, as we see our protagonist struggle with the effects of PTSD, and man vs. nature, in the struggle to save the worlds environment. All of this put together definitely seems like it could turn into a very well rounded story.
toyinafolalu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-toyinafolalu.html
Latest Review: Elastic Girl by Olivia Rana

Post by toyinafolalu »

I don't really like science fiction books that much but the events in The End of the Beginning are relatable to real life and forms the basis of attraction for me.From the review,it appears theTerra Nova terrorist group is a challenge to the UNIRO and then civilization's final hope for survival becomes doubtful!Congrats to the author on the book,being chosen as BOTD.
BookishCreature
Currently Reading: Travels with Vamper
Bookshelf Size: 247
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookishcreature.html
Latest Review: The Library of Secrets: The Giant Mistake by Zoe Penn

Post by BookishCreature »

I love sci-fi where both the good guys' and the bad guys' arguments are well-reasoned and compelling. It adds so much drama when the antagonist isn't just evil for the sake of being evil. Thanks for this thoughtful review!
Marissa Michael
Currently Reading: Carrie
Bookshelf Size: 585
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marissa-michael.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by Marissa Michael »

A book about a character who wants to make a difference so that the world can be a better place? I'm sold!
"Read in order to live." ~Gustave Flaubert
"Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
truebookaddict
Favorite Book: The Historian
Currently Reading: Children of the Dark
Bookshelf Size: 3838
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-truebookaddict.html
Reading Device: B00TSUGXKE

Post by truebookaddict »

This does sound like an exciting science fiction novel and it really seems like it makes you think. Sounds like there does need to be a sequel. I hope so too. Thanks for your insight!
“Even if she be not harmed, her heart may fail her in so much and so many horrors; and hereafter she may suffer--both in waking, from her nerves, and in sleep, from her dreams.”
― Bram Stoker, Dracula
denizebookz
Currently Reading: Becoming the Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-denizebookz.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by denizebookz »

I have not been too much of a SciFi reader, but some elements in this review do peak my interest. I am the child of a military father USAF, so the military aspect might be interesting. Having seen the affect of war on veterans that I went to college with, I can only imagine some of the PTSD aspects that can be written into the character of William Emerson. The current United Nations is incredibly ineffective, so why not look at what the author can do with the fictional UNIRO.
Kristy Kamau
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Kristy Kamau »

Great presenation of it without revaling too much to make me the yet to be reader lose interest. Book captures a global issue and brings awareness in some sort of caution way. I am looking forward to reading it. Superb review!
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1902
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

'Official Review: The end of the Beginning, by Zachary Eichcholz', is a useful piece of work and serves as a necessary part of the book, for readers, who are not familiar with the modern trends, related to the growth in environmental sciences!
Lg_99
Currently Reading: The Fault in Our Stars
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lg-99.html
Latest Review: Jurisdiction Terminated by Jack Gold and Marc Debbeaudt

Post by Lg_99 »

Well, that's interesting. I am glad that the author decided to create a story that tries to bring awareness to environmental problems, which is something that seems to heavily affect our society. The Sci-fi aspect is a plus. I already downloaded the book, so we'll see how it goes. Thank you for the review.
kate_nguyen
Currently Reading: Alexis Zorba
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kate-nguyen.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by kate_nguyen »

A suspenseful science fiction book with a cliffhanger ending is a must-see for me. The plot sounds unique and interesting, congrats on being BOTD!
ayoomisope
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayoomisope.html
Latest Review: Absolute Truth by Joab Russo

Post by ayoomisope »

Great review. I thought this book was about spiritual elements, but I was wrong. I love how environmental issues are addressed here. I should read this.
“Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.”
― Charles William Eliot
SPasciuti
Favorite Author: Marissa Meyer
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 46410">The Wendy</a>
Currently Reading: Cinder
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spasciuti.html
Latest Review: Samuel by Samuel kidstar
fav_author_id: 2388

Post by SPasciuti »

This kind of sounds somewhat like a typical science fiction type book. The third person to first person sounds interesting, but I don’t think it’s writing style I would enjoy. Thanks for writing a review!
CaitlynLynch
Currently Reading: Conquering Writer's Block and Summoning Inspiration
Bookshelf Size: 3245
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caitlynlynch.html
Latest Review: The Hand That Feeds You by Amos Cartell
Reading Device: B01AZ7LQ00

Post by CaitlynLynch »

Oh... I was really buying into this one until you mentioned the cliffhanger ending. I'll wait and see if there are sequels!
Jeconiaomolo
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 65">Heaven and Earth</a>
Currently Reading: Heads Will Roll
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeconiaomolo.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by Jeconiaomolo »

I had read a few science fiction novels especially about environmental polution and I love their impact on my life. As a great aficionado of sci-fi I'll enjoy this read. Thanks for this review.
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings so that you shall gain easily what others have laboured hard for"-
Socrates

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”