Official Review: The End of the Beginning

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Akinwale Taiwo Ilyas
Currently Reading: Not Dead Yet
Bookshelf Size: 109
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akinwale-taiwo-ilyas.html
Latest Review: The Wall by Some Guy

Re: Official Review: The End of the Beginning

Post by Akinwale Taiwo Ilyas »

Thanks for the review, books based on sci-fi are interesting and I'll really enjoy this one. The official review discussion of the suspense embedded in the novel coupled with the recuperation of the main antagonist William into reality and the contrast between the two organization in the novel, where one gives Earth hope and the other intends to shatter is really enticing. The review was helpful thanks.
"The reading of all good books📚 is like a conversation with the finest men of past centuries" - Rene Decartes (1596 - 1681)
Latest Review: The Wall by Some Guy
R-g-R
Currently Reading: The Picketty Problem
Bookshelf Size: 153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-r-g-r.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by R-g-R »

The sample launches with intense action, adrenalin-fuelled decisions and wide-eyed reading! This is a great start, immediately engaging the reader in the world and perspective of the protagonist. There is, simultaneously, an undercurrent that all is not as it seems for our pararescuer, as thoughts and memories of, perhaps, deep pain and confusion, appear as brief unexplained flashes. The reader enjoys the action and characters presented, while also wondering what may have brought our Lieutenant to this place, with that particular skill-set...and will he be able to sustain his high energy role?
The impression received from the sample, is that of a well though through plot with depth of characterisation. I look forward to discovering more.
HeatherTasker
Currently Reading: Slaughterhouse-Five
Bookshelf Size: 53

Post by HeatherTasker »

I like that this book deals with PTSD and environmental issues. The protagonist sounds like an interesting character and I look forward to reading this!
ccrews0408
Currently Reading: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ccrews0408.html
Latest Review: From Hill Town to Strieby by Margo Lee Williams

Post by ccrews0408 »

I do enjoy sci-fi novels and your review was very compelling. I may have to give this one a try!
NL Hartje
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Kushiel's Dart
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 385
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nl-hartje.html
Latest Review: Looking forward as the Journey continues by George Mills

Post by NL Hartje »

I think the joining of environmentalism and PTSD as core ideas make for an interesting plot. I bet the author will be able to draw from both audience groups to create a vibrant following.
“So the writer who breeds more words than he needs, is making a chore for the reader who reads.”
-Dr. Seuss
britt13
Currently Reading: the last of the really great wangdoodlea
Bookshelf Size: 165
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-britt13.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by britt13 »

I know you are not supposed to judge a book by its cover but this one is really cool. This paired with the great review and the subject matter of trying to make a difference, is going to make me add this book to my bookshelves!
P0tt3ry
Favorite Book: The Dresden Files
Currently Reading: The Reel Sisters
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-p0tt3ry.html
Latest Review: Ironbark Hill by Jennie Linnane

Post by P0tt3ry »

Thank you for the review. I was wondering if Emerson would die from radiation exposure and you answered that question. Because of the politics that were in the sample, I wasn't planning on reading the book--there is a possibility of war with North Korea under "Drumpf" (as the author said). It sounds, based on your review, that there is more to the Emerson's story so I will read on.
holsam_87
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 1691
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-holsam-87.html
Latest Review: Herai by Aaron D Key
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by holsam_87 »

I enjoy science fiction and suspense. I'm really hoping that this as good as it sounds. The book cover is actually what drew my attention, since it looks like either a blue phoenix or the Pokemon, Articuno. Either way, thanks for sharing your review.
Samantha Holtsclaw

“We’ve all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That’s who we really are.”

—J. K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Latest Review: Herai by Aaron D Key
Jude Austin
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jude-austin.html
Latest Review: The Palm Reader by Christopher Bowron

Post by Jude Austin »

This sounded like a fantastic book when I read the blurb, and your review has just made me want to read it even more. Environmentalism and antagonists who aren't just cookie-cutter bad guys? I'm sold! Thanks for a great review :D
Mary Garrison
Currently Reading: The Hiding Place
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-garrison.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Hacking Hippo by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Mary Garrison »

Sounds like you really enjoyed this book, doesn't seem like the book for me but thanks for the great review.
ruchira
Currently Reading: Heartaches 2
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by ruchira »

Well, this novel reveals contradictions between people to people & people to Society... So, Nice Attempt!!!
Thank You!!!
gabby6162
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabby6162.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by gabby6162 »

This review of the end of the beginninghas me quite curious. A man who is tired, discouraged to the point of suicide is brought back from the edge by a chance to help save the world. Ex-military and ready to stop forms of terrorists,or are they terrorists? I like books that keep you guessing who is the good guys. The only draw back I note is that the review states it leaves you hanging without saying for sure there is a sequel. Do I want to spend time reading a book with no end? I may have to wait and see if there is more to come before investing my time.
CayeChaos
Currently Reading: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)
Bookshelf Size: 27

Post by CayeChaos »

This is a wonderful review. You give just enough detail about the characters and the plot to entice a closer look. People tend you enjoy a little reality with there fantasy, mentioning this in your review was very smart. You really did this book and Author a favor by writing this review, Thank you.
N_R
Favorite Author: James Mace
Currently Reading: Happy Healing
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-n-r.html
Latest Review: Kiwi Jacks by Hairy Jack
fav_author_id: 21042

Post by N_R »

This sounds like a very interesting book to read. There are lots of things being released at the moment coming up to earth day. Thanks for the great review - scary to ponder that anything we do now may be too little too late.
precious2226
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by precious2226 »

The ending of the beginning is my type of book I would like to see if Hope Giver can overcome his pass and help the world I love sci fi books I'm ready to read this for myself . We do need help with our planet before it is destroyed great review

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”