Official Review: The End of the Beginning

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Vickiaj
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Official Review: The End of the Beginning

Post by Vickiaj »

I was also glad to see the novel exploring a variety of technical solutions to the climate crisis. Science fiction! Climate fiction
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

The book focuses on an important issue of environmental degeneration and William's effort to revive it by becoming the part of UNIRO. Good review.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

๐Ÿ“•๐Ÿ“–๐Ÿ“ฐ๐Ÿ““๐Ÿ“•
Julehart1
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julehart1.html
Latest Review: Killing Time ... Physics, Lust and Greed Series Book 3 by Mike Murphey

Post by Julehart1 »

I really enjoyed reading your review. I only read a sample of the book and your review helped me to understand it better. It's great when the protagonist of the story is someone interesting and rootable, that is a very big plus. I also like the fact that this book was full of suspense, which is a must for me when reading science fiction. Also it dealt with environmental issues which is sort of intriguing to me. Thanks for your review.
Rosemary Wright
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Author: Sydney Sheldon
Favorite Book: Spanky
Currently Reading: Culture Man
Bookshelf Size: 689
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-wright.html
Latest Review: Gods Whisper Always Near by Sharon Williams
Reading Device: Android

Post by Rosemary Wright »

A sci-fi story about how mankind tries to find a way to undo the damage done to our planet. The book seems appealing, but with the cliffhanger, I don't think I'll go after it. Unless it has a sequel.
reader44ever
Currently Reading: Locke & Key
Bookshelf Size: 1052
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reader44ever.html
Latest Review: Demon Freaks by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by reader44ever »

Great review! I read the Amazon sample of this book before reading your review, and after reading your review, I now want to read this book even more!

The sample really drew me in, and I already care about William Emerson.

Your line, "Is it too little, too late?" made this book sound suspenseful all on its own, so I am very eager to read it. :D
Sunny01
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sunny01 »

I like the fact that this book is full of suspense, the book is focused on environmental degeneration and for this issue to be taking care of UNIRO had to seek for the effort of William so the environmental problems will be solved.
lbhatters
Favorite Book: Life is Too Short to Waste and Do Nothing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lbhatters.html
Latest Review: Life is to Short to Waste and do Nothing by Gracie Curry Holman
Reading Device: B077WTB2LY

Post by lbhatters »

I really don't like sci-fi that much, but this one looks more interesting than others I have seen or read. The review was insightful and gave me a good idea into the story. It really looks suspenseful!!
:techie-studyinggray: Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.
-Fransis of Assisi

It's perfectly ok to write garbage, as long as you edit brilliantly.
-C.J. Cherryh
Anon_Reviewer
Favorite Book: A Thousand Splendid Suns
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anon-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Anon_Reviewer »

Your review is pure gold. I am definitely reading this book next! :techie-studyingbrown: :mrgreen2:
isa3030
Currently Reading: Just in Time
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by isa3030 »

The End of the Begining by Zachar Eichholz is genre science fiction tale of 517page descusses how men tried to reverse demage done to our planet,a story of a retired pararescuer William Emerson who had lived a life of isolation for six years,hailed as hero after the Korean war,nicknamed "Hope Giver".Considering self as failure having lost all in six years had no peace,tormented by what he could not prevent,confussed and when two UNIRO agents an orgnization created to fight environmental problems offered him the choice to join them, he accepted,second chance that can create change,William must act by doing what every body must appreciate.An excellent review,the author had told us sound story about the character that when he set out he was in bad shape as he need counselling however,he was found to be suffering from PTSD as a result of his past conducts.The author in most cases writes in suspense,having attested the book rate it 4-4 star,recommend it to readers of science fiction
Ren_jhe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Ren_jhe »

This book is cAn Help to the people who read, because they cAn get lesson to learn ON How to avoid the devil

Return to โ€œSci-Fi and Fantasy Booksโ€