Official Review: The Legend of the Dragon Child

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
melissy370
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melissy370.html
Latest Review: Home To Kentucky by Thomas A. McCoy
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Re: Official Review: The Legend of the Dragon Child

Post by melissy370 »

A great fantasy book of a epic battle between dragons and humans. Liked the sample. Looking forward to reading more.
Kristy Khem
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Carmela
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristykhem.html
Latest Review: Hattie Vavaseur by M. Rebecca Wildsmith

Post by Kristy Khem »

A delightful mix of adventure and fantasy, The Legend of the Dragon Child seems to encompass loyalties, friendships and survival of the Dragons. The heroine Kaida has great potential for the story as readers like myself are curious to find out what will her special abilities be and what role she will play in the bridging of the dragon and Urthe peoples. Furthermore, the sample hints at the special relationship between her and Zlemtec, it certainly wets my appetite to read more.
Mary Garrison
Currently Reading: The Hiding Place
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-garrison.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Hacking Hippo by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Mary Garrison »

Thanks for the great review, this is definitely not my normal genre but I'm definitely interested. The whole child being raised by dragons aspect has my attention.
rusyalana
Currently Reading: The Vatican Protocol
Bookshelf Size: 156

Post by rusyalana »

I like to read fantasy books and this one sounds like a nice epic fantasy. I don't like war descriptions of any kind, so I think I will have to skip the descriptions of dragon wars. The rest of the plot seems pretty compelling. I like the fact that while reading the book it was difficult to tell who was "bad" and who was "good." I believe it keeps the intrigue and holds the interest. Congratulations on becoming BOTD!
starshipsaga
Currently Reading: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings
Bookshelf Size: 2024
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-starshipsaga.html
Latest Review: Secrets of the Dead by Murray Bailey

Post by starshipsaga »

What an interesting take on the "chosen one prophecy" idea, and like many fantasy fans I can never resist dragons! Tons of action can be fun, but too much does not appeal to me, so I'm glad things balance out in the end with more plot and character development.
BookishCreature
Currently Reading: Travels with Vamper
Bookshelf Size: 247
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookishcreature.html
Latest Review: The Library of Secrets: The Giant Mistake by Zoe Penn

Post by BookishCreature »

This reversal of the usual "dragonslayer of prophecy" trope is really interesting! Thanks for the heads-up about the battles in the first part - at least I'll know there's a light at the end of the tunnel. Great review!
Curious mind
Favorite Book: The Goldfinch
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-curious-mind.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by Curious mind »

I agree this could be great for teens, not to say I don't enjoy teen fiction myself! I found the beginning a bit confusing, but as you said in the review, I too found myself getting into it. I'm glad to hear the plot carried you through but if the pace dwindles as you describe, I don't think this one will be for me. Thanks for the review.
Miss_BeckyG
Currently Reading: Behind Broken Glass Walls
Bookshelf Size: 1129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miss-beckyg.html
Latest Review: East Wind, 2nd edition by Jack Winnick

Post by Miss_BeckyG »

A fantasy about a human child raised by dragons makes for quite an intriguing read. The story is captivating. I wonder how it goes for Zlemtec and Kaida... Good job on the review.
“ Ego says, "Once everything falls into place, I'll feel peace." Spirit says "Find your peace, and then everything will fall into place." ”
Marianne Williamson
Kat Berg
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Raven's Peak</a>
Currently Reading: James Baldwin
Bookshelf Size: 223
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kat-berg.html
Latest Review: Why Am I Here by Melvin Bell
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Kat Berg »

I tend to love dragon books, although I had a difficult time getting past the first few pages of the sample. Maybe it is just my mood and I will have to try again, because from the review I am reasonably sure I will like it!
CrescentMoon
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crescentmoon.html
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey

Post by CrescentMoon »

It's really good to know that the dragon battle scenes did not completely overwhelm the story as I would have a tough time reading about that too. I am more of a fan of character development and plot. I am a huge fan of fantasy so this sounds like a great read. Great review!
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey
Nascargrl4jj
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Nascargrl4jj »

I enjoyed this very much. :lol: I really like how it was written almost like an Native American storyteller fashion. I like how it said stories are passed down from elders . That is so important to all of us, to pass down our stories. I could picture the dragon picking up this scared pregnant women. I could see the dragons helping her give birth. Taking in the baby to protect it from the other dragons. I could see the vibrant colors of the dragons. It took me into the world they lived in . It was like I was there watching the story unfold . There are many writers and many stories but it takes a special writer to make you feel like your part of tge story. It was well written and kept my attention. I didn't want to stop reading it. Great job. I hope there is more stories to follow . :D :techie-studyingbrown:
liniageline89
Currently Reading: Ender's Game
Bookshelf Size: 27

Post by liniageline89 »

Sounds like an exciting book! I just finished reading Anne Mccaffrey's Dragonriders of Pern series, so I'm in a dragon mood haha

I love the idea of worlds ruled by dragon and how the people are the minority. Usually its the other way around.
Juanita700
Currently Reading: Anastasia&rsquo;s Book of Days
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juanita700.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
2024 Reading Goal: 4
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Juanita700 »

This is not my kind of book, but I was surprised that I could not stop reading. The dragons are like people in many ways and they fight the fight between good and evil that are the theme of life. Great review.
jedreid
Currently Reading: Going Gone
Bookshelf Size: 585
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jedreid.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by jedreid »

i've just read the sample, it's intense and i love it! i just can never get enough of dragons! they're really interesting and cute(?). :icon-lol: good job on the review!
Hannah_Vibbert
Currently Reading: Five Knocks
Bookshelf Size: 26

Post by Hannah_Vibbert »

After reading this review, and the free sample of the book, I am very much looking forward to reading the book in its entirety. Though the dragon battles sound like they become a bit exhausting, I am very curious to see how Kaida's role plays out. Thank you for your review, I'm even more excited to read the whole book now!

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”