Official Review: The Legend of the Dragon Child

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
SPasciuti
Favorite Author: Marissa Meyer
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 46410">The Wendy</a>
Currently Reading: Cinder
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spasciuti.html
Latest Review: Samuel by Samuel kidstar
fav_author_id: 2388

Re: Official Review: The Legend of the Dragon Child

Post by SPasciuti »

This sounds like such a fun read! I’m actually really excited about it. I definitely understand the feeling of being bored with battle scenes, but knowing that they are kind of essential to the book. It happens sometimes.
G3Tobl
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by G3Tobl »

Re: Official Review
The Legend of the Dragon Child
by GTobl3
Cheryl Rush Cooperthwait breathes new life into the fantasy genre with The Legend of the Dragon Child! She knocked it out of the park!
Vickie Noel
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 86063">Are you afraid of the dark</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 868
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vickie-noel.html
Latest Review: Modern Day Cowboy by Nathaniel Sheft
Reading Device: B01C9JZEBO

Post by Vickie Noel »

So Kaida is no ordinary child, eh? I'll bet! I love stories of people with extraordinary abilities, quite curious to find out Kaida's. I don't think I'll fancy those long dragon battles though, but I'm willing to give it a try. Thanks for the revealing review.
Stop waiting for what you WANT, start working with what you HAVE. --- Seth Cain
Never be bullied into questioning your own credibility. --- Vickie Noel
Lay668
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 126

Post by Lay668 »

Love immortals and dragons stories. Have add into my list. Will get one aoon to read. Thank you so much for a great wonderful review. You write so well and make it interesting and fun and an enjoyable too.
Katiemhardy813
Currently Reading: The Martian
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katiemhardy813.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by Katiemhardy813 »

Fantasy isn't my go-to genre. But I have to say, for a non-fantasy person, Legend of the Dragon Child had a gripping, fast-moving pace and distinct characters who all had a purpose. It's a good story. And just because it doesn't appeal to my particular bookish tastes doesn't mean I don't appreciate the skill and precision at work here. It's something I would definitely gift to some I knew liked this genre and definitely one I'd recommend to someone who was looking for something in between Game of Thrones episodes. Well done!
Fati-bola
Currently Reading: Rogue Captain
Bookshelf Size: 329
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fati-bola.html
Latest Review: Murder in Memory by Mike Thorne
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Fati-bola »

I've never read any story about dragons but the review has stirred my interest. I know the dragon wars may slow me down but they did end and I'd want to know what role Kaida played in stabilizing the dragon planet. Thanks for this review.
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 559
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: GPS para el cielo by Jose Rafael Nunez Patino
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Being raised by dragons and then potentially being the key to peace between people and beasts does sound pretty epic! I love how Kaida and Zlemtec bond so quickly and how she has such special abilities. I personally don't enjoy too many battle scenes in my reads, but it's great to hear that the author does a good job in developing her characters and that these scenes did not dampen your enjoyment! I'm glad you enjoyed the book and thank you for sharing!
Heidi
Official Reviewer Representative

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
MarisaRose
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 665">Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban</a>
Currently Reading: The Family Upstairs
Bookshelf Size: 435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marisarose.html
Latest Review: The Magic Shard by eelonqa K harris

Post by MarisaRose »

I'm not a big fan of fantasy novels, especially those dealing with dragons. The story for this one seems a bit contrived as well, pulling from all sorts of mythologies with little uniqueness in the actual plot. I'm going to pass on this one, but thanks for the insightful review!
AA1495
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 19636">Out of the Box Awakening</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aa1495.html
Latest Review: YiaYia’s Kitchen by Brianna Koucos Midgley

Post by AA1495 »

It does not sound like a book for me, but I'm glad that you liked the book overall, despite the many battles near the front end of the book. Congrats to the author on the 4/4 review.
jessinikkip
Currently Reading: Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessinikkip.html
Latest Review: Misery Loves Company by Paul Marino

Post by jessinikkip »

This books seems to be right up my alley and I'll have to check it out. I love the interactions of dragons and humans. In reading the free preview, the very first sentence of the book seems strangely worded to me and I almost didn't continue, but I'm glad I did and I think I'll be reading this book.
Zuribooks
Currently Reading: The Engine Woman's Light
Bookshelf Size: 166
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zuribooks.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Zuribooks »

A Dragon tale, with a choosen one prophesy, quite interesting and the way you describe it in the review its really fascinating... congrats! i will read the sample to see more c:
MsTri
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Miranda Ann Markley
Favorite Book: The Spirit Seeds Book 1
Currently Reading: the Secret of Safe Passage
Bookshelf Size: 1033
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mstri.html
Latest Review: Suddenly Free, Vol. 1 by Yvette Carmon Davis
Reading Device: B07HZHJGY7
fav_author_id: 225682

Post by MsTri »

I'm not too much into stories with dragons anymore, but this sounds like a goodie. I love that the planet is called "Urthe" and that the benevolent colony of dragons are "Mursei". I also like that the book is full of immortals of different types... Thanks so much for the thorough review.
rportlock
Currently Reading: Depression & Other Magic Tricks
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by rportlock »

Unfortunately this book needs an incredible amount of help from an editor to be readable. Wild use of punctuation made it difficult for me to get further than a few pages into the sample that was provided.

From what I was able to understand though, it's set up like any other fantasy novel centered around dragons. If this is your niche, it could be a fun read after another pass by an editor.
Abrahamic1
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Abrahamic1 »

I think that this is one of the best critic and fictional story. It's so interesting to read about the dragons and there worlds. Fighting for dominion over Urthe, the need to safeguard a child thought to be the chosen one, so fascinating
Faith Atieno okoth
Currently Reading: For the Love of Suzanne
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faith-atieno-okoth.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Faith Atieno okoth »

Human child and dragon being inseparable! Oh my this book is going to kill the kids ,with much interest, nice review

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”