Official Review: The Legend of the Dragon Child

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nhorhata
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61

Re: Official Review: The Legend of the Dragon Child

Post by Nhorhata »

Im not realy a fun of dragon based story because in my mind the story is just all the same..but i give a shot to this book because of the nice reviews..and i love it!!😘😍 and im gonna read it again!
Sincerely
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sincerely.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by Sincerely »

A child being raised by dragons sounds pretty intresting, but those dragon fights are what I don't care for.
Otherwise great review!
tamdlyte
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ittersweet: Sanctuary (Part 1 of 3)</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 295
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by tamdlyte »

You had me at "dragon"! LOL Who wouldn't want to be raised by dragons? And beyond that,
For a portion of the book, a unique view of past, present, and future is portrayed.
sounds quite intriguing... ;)
MollyEnter
Currently Reading: The Altitude Journals
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mollyenter.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by MollyEnter »

Nice review of this book! I read the sample and knew this isn't one I could read all the way through. Similarly, I was disappointed with the dragon Hails' fighting. Like others here, I also agree this would be good for younger readers.
Lg_99
Currently Reading: The Fault in Our Stars
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lg-99.html
Latest Review: Jurisdiction Terminated by Jack Gold and Marc Debbeaudt

Post by Lg_99 »

I will be checking this one out. Let's see how this fantasy story turns out. Besides, this looks like not your average dragon novel. Thank you for the review!
truebookaddict
Favorite Book: The Historian
Currently Reading: The Witching Hour
Bookshelf Size: 3840
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-truebookaddict.html
Reading Device: B00TSUGXKE

Post by truebookaddict »

Sometimes great battle scenes really make a book, even if we don't feel it at the time. I love that this is told from the point of view of dragons. There aren't too many books that do this, it seems. Definitely sounds worth reading. Thanks for your insight!
“Even if she be not harmed, her heart may fail her in so much and so many horrors; and hereafter she may suffer--both in waking, from her nerves, and in sleep, from her dreams.”
― Bram Stoker, Dracula
Esmeralda Cisne
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esmeralda-cisne.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Esmeralda Cisne »

This really seems like an epic tale. I feel like I would love it more than I loved "How to Train Your Dragon". As a fan of fantasy and history myself, I think I will give this boom a chance and industry in reading this weekend.
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

Quite an intense read involving dragon s and their long drawn out wars. I like the way the human child plays an important role.
jennyd2003
Currently Reading: Kind Nepenthe
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennyd2003.html
Latest Review: The Witch of Endor by RK Wheeler

Post by jennyd2003 »

So far a really good book. Once you get past the battles in the beginning you get back to the story of how Urthe and the dragons will all be saved.
mideworld48
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by mideworld48 »

All i can say is that it sounds so familiar with the case of a woman who was in pain trying to give birth (in the Bible, in the case of being in the midst of a serpent) but unfortunately could not get it done in the midst of people like her but amongst DRAGONS.
It is interesting and one that will keep the reader guessing on what will happen next. I will definitely get the hard cover.
Insomniac07
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-insomniac07.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Insomniac07 »

I haven't read a good dragon book in a long time. Maybe it's time to change that. 😜
Melchi Asuma
Currently Reading: Patch Man
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melchi-asuma.html
Latest Review: The Roving Mind: A Modern Approach to Cognitive Enhancement by Anthony Simola
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Melchi Asuma »

Interesting. Very very interesting. Tarzan is being raised by dragons. How long I have dreamt of that, only I can tell.😂
MA
sHan3_268
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by sHan3_268 »

I really love the names of the characters because of their uniqueness but the concept about a child raised by a dragon was not new to me because i already seen a movie like it, but the story telling moves in two different awesome ways.. kids and teens would definitely love it but the adult will surely require a better fighting action, but all in all, i love the story because im a fan of a writer with imaginative mind.. btw thanks for the review hope it helps
Rheetah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rheetah.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by Rheetah »

I like how this book is descriptive. I can already picture the dragon wars,the two worlds and the hope for peace by the Mursei. I can't help but think sometimes our lives are in chaos and we long for someone to bring peace. :cry: Great review, this is a must read.
kate_nguyen
Currently Reading: Alexis Zorba
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kate-nguyen.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by kate_nguyen »

I like dragon battles but not long, drawn-out ones. The Legend of the Dragon Child Forum rules seems a little young for me. Congrats on being BOTD though!

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”