Official Review: The Legend of the Dragon Child

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
dragonet07
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 23031">The Beauty of the Fall</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1718
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonet07.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Re: Official Review: The Legend of the Dragon Child

Post by dragonet07 »

I love epic fantasy and dragons. I'm a little hesitant because of all the dragon battles at the beginning, but you've convinced me to read it regardless. Thank you for the thorough and honest review.
The more that you read,
The more things you will know.
The more that you learn,
The more places you'll go.
~Dr. Seuss
scooter_q
Currently Reading: Six of Crows
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by scooter_q »

The fantasy lovers tend to love long battles sequences so it this should be a hit! It’s not very often that we get to really hear from the perspective of dragons, so often they are shown as mysterious and unknowable, so this will be a treat. Thanks for the review!
Gracie777
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gracie777.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Gracie777 »

Thanks to your review this book will find a home in my library. From the relationship forged between a dragon and the prophesied child to the dragons with histories and personalities, it sure does sound intriguing. Am sure the dragon battles were a bit much.
Pleggett
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Pleggett »

Overview: The Legend Of The Dragon Child by Charles Rush Cowperthwait
The Legend of the Dragon Child is a very well detailed read. Putting you in the imaginary world of humans with dragons. I found this book to be captivating and had a hard time stopping.
The wars alone were so well relayed the author's idea of what one would expect to see. Suppose you could say it was written vividly and would indeed make a wonderful film for children teenagers and family movies.
LanieTaj
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lanietaj.html
Latest Review: The Barnyard Buddies STOP for Peace by Julie Penshorn

Post by LanieTaj »

I like this book ‘cause the author combined a human and the dragon in one setting. This is really my typical reading book – a fantasy. I hope that it includes the living of a dragon because I do not know much of them. I consider this one to read. Thanks for your review. It gives a clear glimpse of the story.
mukaminjenga
Currently Reading: Murdered
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by mukaminjenga »

The legendof the dragon child [is a dynasty Kingdom set up by the author to portray the political supremacy wars that has always been there since creation of the earth.
Ferdinand_Otieno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

This is an amazing fantasy story that will keep you reading to the very last page. I am a big fan of the fantasy genre and I found myself rating this book 4 out of 4 stars. The onlinebook.org review was amazing and captivated me even though I had already read the book.
sehrish khan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sehrish-khan.html
Latest Review: Heaven and Earth by Arturo Riojas

Post by sehrish khan »

The Legend of the Dragon Child is the first book in a young adult fantasy series by Cheryl Rush Cowperthwait and details the legend that is to bring two warring races together. Kaida is a young girl raised by dragons until she is snatched from them one day and awakens alone and bleeding in the forest. What she doesn't know, and what the humans who find her don't know either, is that she is part of a prophecy far larger than anything dragons or humans could ever imagine.

The Legend of the Dragon Child by Cheryl Rush Cowperthwait puts a different spin on the age-old tale of prophecy and dragons. Instead of focusing on Kaida and the humans who take her in, Cowperthwait focuses on the dragons as she creates a lore and way of life for them that elevates The Legend of the Dragon Child from the usual epic fantasy fare. This is the first book in the series so Cowperthwait spends a lot of time setting up the world as she builds for a larger payoff later. Because of that, there were times when the plotting felt slow, but there is still enough mystery in The Legend of the Dragon Child so that I found myself eager to learn what would happen next. My only hope is that the next book in the series allows us to see things more from Kaida's point of view. All in all, The Legend of the Dragon Child by Cheryl Rush Cowperthwait is a good read for fans of dragons and fantasy.

This charming book is enchanting. The tale of a magical girl found and raised by her beloved dragons, who have a marvelous culture involving other realms and mystical beings. This is not just Kaida's tale but a tale of dragon lore such as I've never read before. It held my interest all the way through and I know I want this story to continue because the author has given us some tantalizing images of what's to come as part of the mystery.
I know it's an appealing story for young readers but also adults. Very well done.

I have not read much by way of dragon fiction. This book, however, intrigued me. A merging of people and dragon legends, a tale of betrayal, loyalty, and adventure, this is an epic journey. I found the writing style overall easy to read.

I loved this book. It is well written. The characters became real for me.I didn’t want it to end. I can’t wait for the next book. A wonderful new legend that will stay with me.i would give 3 out of 4 stars
Tur turee
Currently Reading: Fifty Shades of Grey
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Tur turee »

From the review, this fantasy piece looks fantastic. I love things that take me away from the normal world for a while. Maybe someone should consider making a movie out of this.
CaitlynLynch
Currently Reading: Conquering Writer's Block and Summoning Inspiration
Bookshelf Size: 3245
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caitlynlynch.html
Latest Review: The Hand That Feeds You by Amos Cartell
Reading Device: B01AZ7LQ00

Post by CaitlynLynch »

Sounds intriguing that the dragons are the main characters rather than the humans!
N_R
Favorite Author: James Mace
Currently Reading: Happy Healing
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-n-r.html
Latest Review: Kiwi Jacks by Hairy Jack
fav_author_id: 21042

Post by N_R »

Thanks for the nice review. I do not like books about dragons and fantasy, but I think that this would be a fascinating read for young adults, teens and kids. Thinking about things from a dragon's perspective is novel as most stories about them feature them and what people/characters can do with them rather than what they think.
Emie Cuevas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emie-cuevas.html
Latest Review: Trumpism: A Cultural Psycho-Genesis by Michel Valentin
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Emie Cuevas »

Another book with a prophecy dictating the actions of the characters. This time it's dragons raising a human child that can bring peace to the world. Reminds me of a combination of the Jungle Book and the New Testimate. Hope she does a better job than Jesus did. I love dragons and can't wait to read this fantasy book to find out.
Whether you Think you can,
or you Think you can't,
You are Right

Napoleon Hill
MsDree
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 268
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msdree.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by MsDree »

Insightful review. Now I think i must check this book out and read it myself.
"A book, too, can be a star, a living fire to lighten the darkness, leading out into the expanding universe." — Madeline L'Engle
Kelebogile Mbangi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelebogile-mbangi.html
Latest Review: At Day's End, I'll Always Be Me by Jerry A. Greenberg

Post by Kelebogile Mbangi »

Wow! I enjoyed your review to the point of yearning for a copy of this book! The storyline sounds exciting!
"And will you succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed!
(98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)
KID, YOU'LL MOVE MOUNTAINS!" - Dr. Seuss
Afuglsan
Currently Reading: The Masked City
Bookshelf Size: 5445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-afuglsan.html
Latest Review: "STARLESS and Bible Black" by Gerard DiLeo

Post by Afuglsan »

I think this book sounds fantastic. I can't wait to read it.
Latest Review: "STARLESS and Bible Black" by Gerard DiLeo

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”