Official Review: Patch Man by Rick Stepp-Bolling

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ikekoku
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8

Re: Official Review: Patch Man by Rick Stepp-Bolling

Post by Ikekoku »

Patch Man
I am not a fan of novels in which characters are imbued with mythical powers. However, the review has set my curiosity raging. I would like to know the kind of world Var and Meesha and the others live in. Hence I will love to read and explore further this world
Shelleybeant73
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Shelleybeant73 »

Sounds like it could be interesting. I wonder if there might be a few too many characters to keep track of!
jessinikkip
Currently Reading: Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessinikkip.html
Latest Review: Misery Loves Company by Paul Marino
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by jessinikkip »

War and prophesy and kids is a pretty common theme in sci-fi novels, but this one seems to be a pretty good version instead of the same old thing you'd come to expect. I don't expect to fall in love with it, but I'll definitely try it and see!
Sindhu Srinath
Currently Reading: Last Dance
Bookshelf Size: 272
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sindhu-srinath.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill
Reading Device: B06Y66GMC5

Post by Sindhu Srinath »

Congrats on the review! I might like the fantasy aspect. But I don't think I'd like the adult scenes. Other than that, it seems like a very adventurous read.
CrescentMoon
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crescentmoon.html
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey

Post by CrescentMoon »

I'm a huge fan of the fantasy/science fiction genre and this story already sounds so exciting. I'm curious as to how Patch Man and Meesha go about saving the world. Great review!
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey
lavellan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lavellan.html
Latest Review: encoded by Richard Nedbal

Post by lavellan »

Thanks for your review! I would love to learn more about the dynamics between the Patchman and the young girl. I'm curious about his powers as well.
kemp1kor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kemp1kor.html
Latest Review: Temptation Trials Revolution by B. Truly
Reading Device: B00GNKRFEA

Post by kemp1kor »

I'm not sure how I feel about the prophecy aspect of the book, especially since it involves such a young girl, but I'm interested enough in the outcome that I think I'll read it. SciFi/Fantasy is a genre I usually enjoy. Thanks for the informative review!
Hephzi Lolami
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hephzi-lolami.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by Hephzi Lolami »

The review is well detailed. Great review, though I don't think I would check the book out. Here are so many books on prophesies now in the fantasy genre. Great review, still.
Sarah_Khan
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 3700">Gone With the Wind</a>
Currently Reading: Circe
Bookshelf Size: 336
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-khan.html
Latest Review: The Formidable King by Alyssa J. Montgomery

Post by Sarah_Khan »

This fantasy novel sounds like a lot of other ones I've heard, so I'm not sure that this book is for me. Although I have to say after reading your review, I personally don't think the cover art seems misleading but maybe there's a plot reveal in the novel that explains your opinion. Overall, great review!
MarisaRose
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 665">Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban</a>
Currently Reading: The Family Upstairs
Bookshelf Size: 435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marisarose.html
Latest Review: The Magic Shard by eelonqa K harris

Post by MarisaRose »

I’m interested in some of the sci-fi aspects of this story, especially those involving peripheries. Further, I enjoy character driven books and these characters sound well drawn.
JPbrar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jpbrar.html
Latest Review: The Barnyard Buddies STOP for Peace by Julie Penshorn

Post by JPbrar »

Although I'm not generally into Science Fiction type works, the review you've provided has piqued my interest in Patch Man. The maturation you've described on Meesha, the little girl, throughout the story, suggests that the author has successfully blended a "coming of age" story with an exciting, action-filled narrative. I look forward to checking this book out.
drei97
Currently Reading: Who Told You That You Were Naked?
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-drei97.html
Latest Review: Sigfried&rsquo;s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by drei97 »

About half of the review is a summary of the plot. I'm thankful for that because it gives me a large idea about what the book is all about. However, I hope you would've put more specific information about what was good or bad about the book. I honestly am not sure what made you give it a rating of 4 out of 4 stars, so I can't really take your word for it. Thank you though!
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1903
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes

Post by Surabhi Rani »

'Official Review: Patch Man', by Rick Stepp-Bolling, is a lengthy one, and inculcates an interest in the story of the book.
Essentially_Literate
Favorite Book: Beastly
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-essentially-literate.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Essentially_Literate »

Wow! Patch Man sounds right up my alley! Your review had me at child of prophecy! I just downloaded this book so I hope I enjoy it. I really liked your review!
girrod58
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by girrod58 »

The review is concise and thorough. it not only tells the premise of the story but gives very vivid descriptions of the characters. Although sci-fi is not one of my regular genres to read, this review definitely makes me want to read Patch Man in its entirety.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”