Official Review: Patch Man by Rick Stepp-Bolling

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Lg_99
Currently Reading: The Fault in Our Stars
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lg-99.html
Latest Review: Jurisdiction Terminated by Jack Gold and Marc Debbeaudt

Re: Official Review: Patch Man by Rick Stepp-Bolling

Post by Lg_99 »

Well, it does sound like an interesting fantasy novel filled with a lot of suspense and action. I already downloaded the book, so I'll read the first chapter to see how it goes from there. Thanks for the review.
Last edited by Lg_99 on 26 Feb 2018, 23:56, edited 1 time in total.
L_co_private_library
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by L_co_private_library »

Very long and detailed review haha. But good. For a fantasy it sounds interesting, for some reason when you throw prophecy into a adventure it adds some appeal to me. I downloaded the free pdf file and look forward to reading it when I get the chance, although digital books are new for me, for some reason I find it harder to focus on than a physical copy, but none the less I look forward to it.

Also I'm new to this group, this type of detailed review was a good example for me for when I finish up my first book for this review group ( end of the last great kingdom) and write me first review.
Mercelle
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 10262">The Wisdom and Peace of the Teachings of the Tao Te Ching</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercelle.html
Latest Review: The Future of Finance and Money by K. Braeden Anderson

Post by Mercelle »

This is exactly my kind if book. The idea if two warring factions set to be united by an innocent young girl fascinates me. I find that the premise instills bravery in younger readers.
"The minimum requirement for a dream is a safe place to lay your head."
~OluTimehin Adegbeye
N_R
Favorite Author: James Mace
Currently Reading: Happy Healing
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-n-r.html
Latest Review: Kiwi Jacks by Hairy Jack
fav_author_id: 21042

Post by N_R »

Thanks for the review. It is interesting that this book does not have a table of contents as I always like to look at that too and see how many chapters there are. I also think that it gives you a sense of where you are at in the book when you look at the names of the chapters if there are any. This does sound like quite an interesting book and I might be tempted to read it even though I do not normally like fantasy novels.
Bluecobia
Currently Reading: Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluecobia.html
Latest Review: The miner by F.Robert

Post by Bluecobia »

Thanks for the review. It give a good insight into what the story is about. It sounds more like fantasy than science fiction.
Latest Review: The miner by F.Robert
Emilyflint
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 12756">The Last Battle</a>
Currently Reading: Gameboard of the Gods
Bookshelf Size: 248
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emilyflint.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Emilyflint »

I wonder if I would get lost with all that is going on. Not really into the zombie theme
tamdlyte
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ittersweet: Sanctuary (Part 1 of 3)</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 295
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by tamdlyte »

I love the whole idea of a child of prophecy and the whole Patch Man bringing the girl back to life with, well, patches just seems cool! ;)
Gracie777
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gracie777.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Gracie777 »

Thank you for your thorough and genuine review. I also felt that the cover is a bit misleading. As per your recommendations, I believe this is not the book for me. The battles, action, adventure, magic, wars, nudity, sex and the creatures would not be my cup of tea. Your review is very well done though.
MsDree
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 268
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msdree.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by MsDree »

Good review. The story sounds interesting despite the common themes. I will read few pages to see if it fits for my reading. Thanks for the helpful review!k
"A book, too, can be a star, a living fire to lighten the darkness, leading out into the expanding universe." — Madeline L'Engle
Youngk935
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Youngk935 »

Nice review: I like the idea of patch man having super powers to bring the girl back to life. I think this book should get 4 out 4 from me.
It is a really nice Sci-Fi book.
Janetleighgreen
Favorite Author: Janet Leigh Green
Currently Reading: Before She Disappeared
Bookshelf Size: 204
fav_author_id: 42198

Post by Janetleighgreen »

Thank you for the review, I don’t mind sensitive or rough content. I got my copy today,
Samy Lax
Currently Reading: 100 Ways to Motivate Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 156
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samy-lax.html
Latest Review: Chats with God in Underwear by Eduardo Chapunoff

Post by Samy Lax »

Mercy Bolo wrote: 26 Feb 2018, 23:53 This is exactly my kind if book. The idea if two warring factions set to be united by an innocent young girl fascinates me. I find that the premise instills bravery in younger readers.
I agree. The premise is really good. It's just the gore that scares me off. :oops:
“...in principle and reality, libraries are life-enhancing palaces of wonder.”
― Gail Honeyman, Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine
dragonet07
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 23031">The Beauty of the Fall</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1718
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonet07.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by dragonet07 »

Sounds like an interesting novel, right up my alley considering it's fantasy. It's too bad that I don't have the time for a 400-page book right now, but I'll keep it in mind. Thank you for the thorough review.
The more that you read,
The more things you will know.
The more that you learn,
The more places you'll go.
~Dr. Seuss
MollyEnter
Currently Reading: The Altitude Journals
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mollyenter.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by MollyEnter »

I was lost at "uses his abilities to patch her back to life." I enjoy magic sometimes when I read, but this book sounds like too much of a fantasy novel for my taste. Thanks for the informative review, though! Glad you liked the book.
"There is something about words. In expert hands, manipulated deftly, they take you prisoner.”
– Diane Setterfield, The Thirteenth Tale
jennyd2003
Currently Reading: Kind Nepenthe
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennyd2003.html
Latest Review: The Witch of Endor by RK Wheeler

Post by jennyd2003 »

Good review. So far I am enjoying this one. I love the sci-fi and the backstory that is told is wonderful at filling in the blanks about why each person behaves as they do.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”