Official Review: Patch Man by Rick Stepp-Bolling

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
girrod58
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Official Review: Patch Man by Rick Stepp-Bolling

Post by girrod58 »

The review is concise and thorough. it not only tells the premise of the story but gives very vivid descriptions of the characters. Although sci-fi is not one of my regular genres to read, this review definitely makes me want to read Patch Man in its entirety.
kate_nguyen
Currently Reading: Alexis Zorba
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kate-nguyen.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by kate_nguyen »

The name and cover were misleading for me but I like prophecy and hidden heroes theme. Congrats on being BOTD!
Moha+
Currently Reading: Ironbark Hill
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Moha+ »

'Official Review: Patch Man', by Rick Stepp-Bolling, is a lengthy one, and inculcates an interest in the story of the book.
Sincerely
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sincerely.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by Sincerely »

The book has a lot of things going on, from the war, the science fiction, the prophecy. Sadly, this book isn't my type of read. However, lovers of sci-fi are truly going to enjoy this one.
Great review!
Gods Monkey
Currently Reading: The Morning Mind
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gods-monkey.html
Latest Review: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by Gods Monkey »

This book sounds intense! I’m very interested in this book and based on the review I really want to read it!
nekrum
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by nekrum »

This is a well written review. This gave me a well rounded summary of the book and what the book is about. I was intrigued by the patch man how he is an older male/but a child it appears in a parallel world. I also liked the descriptions of the different worlds, although this is not my usual genre I was intrigued. I would not read the book not because of the review, but the topic is not something I would read. I also liked the portion where the reviewer also was able to find some of the typographical errors.
Amunala
Currently Reading: Vengeance (Tip of the Spear Book 2)
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amunala.html
Latest Review: "The Expelled" by Mois Benarroch

Post by Amunala »

An action packed paranormal novel laced up with lots of adventure, magic and superstition!
Latest Review: "The Expelled" by Mois Benarroch
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

Great theme about the ending of a raging war and bringing about peace. I like the significance of the little girl, Meesha. I appreciate your review, thanks.
Kalin Adi
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kalin-adi.html
Latest Review: French for Girls by JP Wright

Post by Kalin Adi »

It sounds as if an epic battle happens in this story. I like the elements it contains, a girl trying to survive in a labyrinth that's full of twisted worlds and magic power that is so mighty that can bring a person back to life. This is just my story style. It'll be next in my 'to read' list. Thanks for the review!
speedie
Currently Reading: Asymptote
Bookshelf Size: 34

Post by speedie »

I found your review to be very interesting. This is definitely a book I might enjoy.
truebookaddict
Favorite Book: The Historian
Currently Reading: Children of the Dark
Bookshelf Size: 3838
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-truebookaddict.html
Reading Device: B00TSUGXKE

Post by truebookaddict »

I found myself very intrigued by this book's description and upon reading your review, I'm even more interested. It sounds like excellent world building and adventure. Thanks so much for your insight!
“Even if she be not harmed, her heart may fail her in so much and so many horrors; and hereafter she may suffer--both in waking, from her nerves, and in sleep, from her dreams.”
― Bram Stoker, Dracula
jjenks86
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jjenks86.html
Latest Review: The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by jjenks86 »

I'm not a fan of science fiction so this didn't sound all that interesting to me, but I could honestly see this plot go for a series of books and follow Meesha as she grows into herself and her powers. I think that would be very interesting to see the characters grow over time.
Isholl92
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Isholl92 »

Nice one. The storyline is just enticingly palatable. It's a story that brings you to dreamland. I love it! And your review is splendid!
Thumbs up!
SJSharks
Currently Reading: Unshaken
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by SJSharks »

Based on the review, I think I need to give this book a chance. The story line seems intriguing. I'm not typically one that likes fantasy novels, but the review is giving me something to think about. I really might need to give this novel a try and expand my horizons.
Emie Cuevas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emie-cuevas.html
Latest Review: Trumpism: A Cultural Psycho-Genesis by Michel Valentin
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Emie Cuevas »

I love sci-fi. I just wish so many of them didn't fall back on fulfilling prophecy. That being said, a man that can patch a young girl back to life is something new, so I'm going to give this a go thanks for the free book.
Whether you Think you can,
or you Think you can't,
You are Right

Napoleon Hill

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”