Official Review: Dragonfriend by Marc Secchia

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Catterwaul
Currently Reading: The 11.05 Murders
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reading Device: B06XJYSQ9P
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of Beyond the Fire

Re: Official Review: Dragonfriend by Marc Secchia

Post by Catterwaul »

:) I love the idea of a cloud world, hovering over noxious fumes, with the dragon magic protecting all. Dragons are SO magical, there had to be a prophecy. Now, in the next book, we will all be ready to follow the trail, and bring the prophecy to life. There have been many times I've wished dragons were real. My imaginary dragon is shimmering blue and green, and so helpful. I enjoy dreaming!!
Msuga
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Msuga »

I love the story of this book. It always makes you feel the positiveness or negatively impacts of the story. I so like it.

Thank You so much for having this kind of novel.
tamdlyte
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ittersweet: Sanctuary (Part 1 of 3)</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 295
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by tamdlyte »

Though the reviewer doesn't like "Prophecy" stories, I don't mind them and I love dragon stories... my issue is the whole political coup thing. Not my favorite but I can deal with it, cuz it has dragons!!! LOL
kfwilson6
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Lord of Chaos
Bookshelf Size: 298
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfwilson6.html
Latest Review: The Stone Wall Crossing by Alice Schellhorn Magrane
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by kfwilson6 »

I hope you haven't been missing out on Eragon. It is a wonderful series for those who enjoy dragons and want to see them represented as friends and heroes. I have never seen someone write they wish they had more than 4 stars to give. That is very telling of the wonderfulness of the book. Glad you enjoyed it so much.
CaitlynLynch
Currently Reading: Conquering Writer's Block and Summoning Inspiration
Bookshelf Size: 3245
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caitlynlynch.html
Latest Review: The Hand That Feeds You by Amos Cartell
Reading Device: B01AZ7LQ00

Post by CaitlynLynch »

This sounds charming! I often find that adults writing teenagers struggle to get the 'voice' of a teenager, though, and tend to make them sound older, as Lia does here.
Reb63OBC
Currently Reading: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reb63obc.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Reb63OBC »

Dragon Friend by Marc Secchia
Here is my proof that I read the review.
t>What is the extraordinary friendship that will help restore Hualiama’s beloved kingdom of Fra’anior and its rightful king to the Onyx Throne? Read this heroic saga of a girl stabbed and burn by a dragon yet refuses to die to find out more.</t>

Submitted by Rebecca Fahlin
Lg_99
Currently Reading: The Fault in Our Stars
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lg-99.html
Latest Review: Jurisdiction Terminated by Jack Gold and Marc Debbeaudt

Post by Lg_99 »

I am glad that the author decided to illustrate the world he came up with. I like when a book is filled with details. Kudos for that. Nonetheless, I am unsure whether I'll be reading this story or not. We'll see. Thank you for the review.
gentrixkavalaji
Currently Reading: What's College About Anyway?
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by gentrixkavalaji »

I loved the story really full of fantasy thougrh am phobic to dragons.Dragons playing a very important role by working in support of Lia a 15 year old girl to find her way after being hurt and thrown away by Ra,ab. I loved every bit of it.
Kristy Khem
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Carmela
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristykhem.html
Latest Review: Hattie Vavaseur by M. Rebecca Wildsmith

Post by Kristy Khem »

Thank you for a well-written review. The concept of humans being the inferior species to dragons is definitely original. I agree with you on that.
jmeeks9

Post by jmeeks9 »

In my opinion I think Roc went with them to throw her overboard because he knew she would at the very least try to cause trouble. What I've read so far of the story is engaging and I am eager to read more.
Rosemary Wright
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Author: Sydney Sheldon
Favorite Book: Spanky
Currently Reading: Culture Man
Bookshelf Size: 689
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-wright.html
Latest Review: Gods Whisper Always Near by Sharon Williams
Reading Device: Android

Post by Rosemary Wright »

A fantasy story involving dragons, magic, and prophecy. From the review, the book seems exciting and I'm interested in reading it. Thanks for the review.
Melchi Asuma
Currently Reading: Patch Man
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melchi-asuma.html
Latest Review: The Roving Mind: A Modern Approach to Cognitive Enhancement by Anthony Simola
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Melchi Asuma »

Normally books featuring dragons excited me. It is for this reason and also the fact that this review doesjustice to the book that I will read it.
MA
Roggyrus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roggyrus.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Post by Roggyrus »

This dragon-human interaction is kind of interesting. Flicker is such a whimsical little dragon it could readily win the hearts of the readers. From the sample, Lia is such a brave and suicidal girl not picky about whom to fight against that she got pitted with an even experienced swordsman. Although understandably, there is no other worthy opponent but the perpetrator of the act of grabbing power from her family. This novel will be exciting as Lia gains support from more knowledgeable dragons through Flicker, and fast-forward, Flicker will be such large and formidable dragon after some years and very fitting to aid Lia in her quest for vengeance and restitution of her family's right to power.
Pennybutterfly8
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Pennybutterfly8 »

This isn’t something I normally wouldn’t read but this was very fascinating. Enjoy very much
Shifi

Post by Shifi »

It sounds like there is a lot of excitement happening in this book. I'm interested in reading about Lia and Flicker and more about the lands. Thank you for the review

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”