Review by Dolor -- Temptation Trials Part II by B. Truly

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Dolor
Favorite Author: Craig R. Key
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12472
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dolor.html
Latest Review: The Center of Gravity by Patricia Brandon
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 115430

Review by Dolor -- Temptation Trials Part II by B. Truly

Post by Dolor »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Temptation Trials Part II" by B. Truly.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Here's a quick glimpse of Temptation Trials Part I by B. Truly. Under the dystopian regime, marriages are arranged at the age of twenty-one. Cali and Kincade together with Stefani and Tobias have no choice but join the regime's Temptation Trials reality TV show, to fight to be with someone they love. Their relationships are tested with irresistible tempt dudes and dudettes, long distance and 6 weeks without communications. Controversial scenes of their partners' betrayal and lust flashing on screen, add up hatred and vengeance. The crystal clear goal of the regime is to shatter their relationships, to give up and to make them decide about letting the regime choose their better half. Can their love save their relationships? Will they finally choose someone (the reason behind the arduous sacrifice) who made them join the temptation trials or will they have change of hearts?

Temptation Trials Part II by B. Truly starts with an aftermath of the widespread lust and betrayal (which cannot be undone) brought by the Temptation Trials Part I. Emotions are in tug-of-war battles. Participants were ripped off of their pride, integrity and morals. This time, couples meet in order to decide whether to continue their relationships or not, before the Soul-bound Trial, when divorce is no longer allowed. Confusions, uncertainties, guilt, doubts, longings and mixed emotions are apparently plastered on every face. Could they get through betrayals and still have healthy relationships? As soon as they reached the safe place, Cali and Stefani unveil the regime's hidden agenda. During entire time, the staff were drugging them with substances of ecstasy and murdering six participants. With the help of the secret organization founded by Tobias' uncle, Marcus, Cali and Kincade are now crawling through dreary tunnels toward the conference room. In a quarter mile through the ventilation system, they are spying as the Soul-bound Trial is being held. Both were struck in terror as they are witnessing paranormal events unfolding right before their eyes. Time of Harvest, Book of Souls, 7 Capital Sins, Judgement Day, Fall of Humanity, Armageddon - No rational or logical thinking allowed them to grasp what had occurred. After the said events, the group is on the road towards a paranormal adventure that should be carried over before the Temptation Ball. Can love save their souls? Will they be able to find the sacred thing they are looking for, at the right time? Can they be successful in saving humanity?

Just like the first book, Temptation Trials Part II by B. Truly is a dystopian and a romance novel which is rated mature 18+ due to explicitly erotic contents. A complete gear shift to paranormal adventure gives thrill to this book. The story setting is still in the same year 2035 after the World War III and narrated both in Cali and in Stefani's points of view.

I love the mind-blowing shift to paranormal events in this book. The blue haze on the horizon mentioned from the first book was given clear explanations. The completely unpredictable story lines made me read the book non-stop until the end. I never had any regret that I chose to read and to give my review of this book. I agree with the author that those who know the Holy Scriptures could twist the message therein and deliver a little more twisted message without being busted right there and then. The repetition of events I pointed out in the first book did not reach the second book apart from the overuse of words. The verb "sear" (for example) has been mentioned 16 times in part I and 14 times in part II. Thanks goodness, I was not scorched and maybe it's about time to visit the Thesaurus family.

Grammatical errors leave me no choice but deduct a single star though the story deserves a 4 star rating. Temptation Trials Part II by B. Truly gains a 3 out of 4 star rating from me. I discourage the readers under the age of 18 from reading this book due to profanity and erotic contents. This book is a good read to those who are up to dystopian, romance and paranormal fantasy genres.

Temptation Trials Part II
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Dolor's review? Post a comment saying so!
BoyLazy
Currently Reading: Temptation Trials Part II
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boylazy.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by BoyLazy »

I tried reading this book but found it too hot to handle. Good review. Thanks 👍👌👏
Boy Lazy
Reviewer | Blogger | Influencer

Dolor
Favorite Author: Craig R. Key
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12472
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dolor.html
Latest Review: The Center of Gravity by Patricia Brandon
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 115430

Post by Dolor »

BoyLazy wrote: 16 Dec 2017, 14:16 I tried reading this book but found it too hot to handle. Good review. Thanks 👍👌👏
Did you stop your review on this book because of that matter?

Most guys like this genre. I'm glad you love wholesome reads.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”