Official Review: Aluria by Tyler Cook

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
raeryn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raeryn.html
Latest Review: The Prize by Geoffrey M Cooper

Re: Official Review: Aluria by Tyler Cook

Post by raeryn »

This sounds like a classic adventure, fantasy novel that I'd be into. I'll check it out.
ashpres12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashpres12.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by ashpres12 »

This in depth review leaves you wanting to read more, or at least for me it does. The phrase "Batman type novel" drew me in and piqued my curiosity even more. A must read for me!
jennyd2003
Currently Reading: Kind Nepenthe
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennyd2003.html
Latest Review: The Witch of Endor by RK Wheeler

Post by jennyd2003 »

Sounds like a really good book. I read the sample and am hooked. I've put it on my wish list to read later. I like that it has romance, action, and super natural all in one. Good review.
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

As Jason recieves help for his girlfriend from the evil force, one can't but imagine the bigger war at play here. Great review.
Naelo_motti240595
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Naelo_motti240595 »

In fact, this is more a mixture of batman and superman rather than batman novel type alone.Create suspense though.I liked the idea where the heroes ass were being kicked, feel more realistic than those heroes who get the upper hand too easily.Emjoyed the review
MsDree
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 268
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msdree.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by MsDree »

Great review. I'm no fan of superhero but this sounds interesting. I'll definitely will check the book out.
"A book, too, can be a star, a living fire to lighten the darkness, leading out into the expanding universe." — Madeline L'Engle
rosky54
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by rosky54 »

Superheroes and stories of supernatural powers don't interest me. The pages I read seemed more suitable for teens/young adults. It may be a book I'll buy for my granddaughter.
Jswlkishan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Jswlkishan »

:D good book to read but need a much improvement
kwame1977
Currently Reading: The Vatican Protocol
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kwame1977.html
Latest Review: Learn to Play Guitar by Gareth Evans

Post by kwame1977 »

As an African, I really love supernatural stories because that forms part of my culture. I hope Aluria will be one of my best books.
Jaegerbomb
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jaegerbomb »

Aluria by Tyler Cook seems like an excellent story for anyone who is into fantasy.
Jason, the protagonist and his girlfriend tessa got themselves in a somewhat unfortunate situation after a sort of magic funnel transported them to an unknown location in which a hooded man named Raiz awaits them and attacks them with dark magic and tries to extract some kind of great power from the two but before he can aluria melds comes out of nowhere and melds together with jason, providing him with great powers to fight raiz.
Great book 4/4 stars
Joan101
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Joan101 »

RE: Review of Aluria by Tyler Cook: by Joan101
Aluria certainly is a great write. At fist, Jason, the rich boy, i though would me self-centered, full of himself but he surprised me. Him and Tessa being together, one could feel that extra feeling between them, and when she kissed him, confirmed it. Then the unthinkable happened. He saved her from the whirlwind funnel. He offered up his own life, without thinking about his family or his riches, as long as she was alive and safe, that to me is the most selfless act ever. At the end, because of that, he summoned a great being from another dimension, who fused with him in order to save Tessa and to defeat the dark. I also felt him being human in the sense of how bad he felt for the destruction it caused and how he didn't wish for that. And leaving all else behind, including Tessa, to go learn how to control and learn more of his extraordinary powers. Upon his return, he's excited in the sense that he might see Tessa, and while driving home, he has so many ideas that i think would benefit all.
It was a truly amazing story and i can't wait to get this book to continue my reading to find out the rest of the story and also what happened between Jason and Tessa...... :D great work!!
truebookaddict
Favorite Book: The Historian
Currently Reading: Children of the Dark
Bookshelf Size: 3838
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-truebookaddict.html
Reading Device: B00TSUGXKE

Post by truebookaddict »

It does sound like a book for people who love superhero type stories. I like the sound of the not totally invincible aspect of the heroes. It sounds very much like Batman who is in fact human. He does not have any superhuman abilities, but relies on his various gadgets and weaponry (along with some great fighting skills) to help him combat evil doers. Unfortunate about the grammatical errors. Thanks for your insight!
“Even if she be not harmed, her heart may fail her in so much and so many horrors; and hereafter she may suffer--both in waking, from her nerves, and in sleep, from her dreams.”
― Bram Stoker, Dracula
Sophie12
Favorite Book: fault in our stars
Currently Reading: Master the Law of Attraction
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Sophie12 »

Very good read. Sample left me wanting to read more! It's a good twist with the supernatural.
Tur turee
Currently Reading: Fifty Shades of Grey
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Tur turee »

Nothing beats a superhero story with a love story in it. I love the way the author vividly describes the characters that you can almost their presence when reading the book. Jason and Aluria are depicted as flawed and always seem to be surviving by a whisker this makes the read more fascinating as you can feel a sigh come out of you when they are victorious. Rather than if they were depicted as perfect and they are always winning easily.
Birawi17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-birawi17.html
Latest Review: Trip to Adele by R I Alyaseer and A I Alyaseer

Post by Birawi17 »

A review that tells you everything and yet leaves you hanging. A tempting treat. The review is quite apt. A light read, the book will give you a mix of heroic intentions, some acting and a backdrop of a saga of love.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”