Official Review: Aluria by Tyler Cook

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
MarisaRose
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 665">Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban</a>
Currently Reading: The Family Upstairs
Bookshelf Size: 435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marisarose.html
Latest Review: The Magic Shard by eelonqa K harris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Official Review: Aluria by Tyler Cook

Post by MarisaRose »

I’m not really interested in superhero or supernatural themed books, so I’ll pass on this one. But I’m glad you found so much to like about this book despite the grammatical issues.
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1902
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes

Post by Surabhi Rani »

'Official Review: Aluria', by Tyler Cook, is an aid to deciding whether to read the book or not, as it elaborately describes the story of the book.
Phinenny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Phinenny »

With all the several grammar errors throughout the book, it has served its purpose, I guess. Because according to this review, Tessa met Jason again and this time their narrow escape, with the help of Aluria, is still a win for me. I think this review makes it clear that the book satisfies.
sharon8910
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharon8910.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by sharon8910 »

Well, I read some part of it and is really kind of naive and innocent in a way. Truly heroic yes but I don't know if I can be convinced to like it all the way...
violet-trey19
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37

Post by violet-trey19 »

:ugeek2: good review.Aluria is a good fantasy novel.Its full of supernatural things whereas plot is straight forward. :oops2:
Mitchell Starc
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mitchell-starc.html
Latest Review: Bread Fat by Joseph Eldor

Post by Mitchell Starc »

The story of the book is complex and when I say complex I mean that how could Jason sacrifice his teen in this story book. Jason took a wrong step
Vermont Reviews
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 4468">Scam Prevention</a>
Currently Reading: A Roadmap To Career Success
Bookshelf Size: 507
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vermont-reviews.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Vermont Reviews »

I found your review added to my reading of the preview. Jason and Tessa get kidnapped by Raiz and the adventures take flight.

I chose not to purchase the book. As I currently have seven books to finish this week.
Vermont Reviews
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
tarafarah7
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">tuesdays with Morrie</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1437
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarafarah7.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2544

Post by tarafarah7 »

Although this is not the book for me, I'm glad you enjoyed it! Your review was helpful and entertaining...I'm still smiling. :-) Sounds like a great #BOTD for those who are lovers of the genre, superheroes, and action-packed scenes. Thank you and great job!
Tpcoach
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Tpcoach »

Aluria by Tyler Cook is a book that keeps the reader glued to the pages with the captivating story of love,sacrifice,boldness and determination being demonstrated throughout the entirety of the book. Though a fiction,the outplay of the story elucidates a picture of reality in the manner the author knitted out the story.
I score the Author and the book highly and I recommend to all classes of readers.
I believe everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion. In as much as some reviews has been made in the negative,I still feel strongly for the book. I am a student of Literature myself,I appreciate the use of words and I appreciate creativity.
speedie
Currently Reading: Asymptote
Bookshelf Size: 34

Post by speedie »

Interesting review. You left me with more questions about the story.
mhall61582

Post by mhall61582 »

Good review of this book. Provided a nice overview of the story without giving too much away and left readers wondering what else happens along the journey. Also, provided some "food for thought" at the end of the review for readers to consider after they read the book.
daydreaming reader
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daydreaming-reader.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by daydreaming reader »

I'm pretty excited because I love the Batman. Despite that, I hope the plot doesn't follow too closely to Batman's and that there isn't a Joker, Robin or a Justice League. I am hoping that since it is a supernatural entity that has merged with Jason, the villains would be of a supernatural origin as well ( Kind of like a combo of Constantine and Batman :D ). Regardless,I think this would be an a good read because the characters this book promises (or has the potential for) tend to be interesting and complex.
kingsize mide

Post by kingsize mide »

Who doesn't love a hero? I like that Jason made a conscious decision to leave and master his powers without putting anyone else in harm's way. Nice one and keep it up.
Ominay

Post by Ominay »

This book felt choppy,I would likely be able to fully indulge in it after a few chapters. The concept of supernatural protagonists is fun, I like how he gets his shared power and how he uses it to help his city.
Kat Berg
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Raven's Peak</a>
Currently Reading: James Baldwin
Bookshelf Size: 223
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kat-berg.html
Latest Review: Why Am I Here by Melvin Bell

Post by Kat Berg »

This book seems like something I would perhaps enjoy from reading the review, after all, I like superheroes and sci-fi/fantasy, but the sample I read left me cold. Perhaps it gets better as you get further on in the story.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”