Official Review: Aluria by Tyler Cook

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Re: Official Review: Aluria by Tyler Cook

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

This Science fiction story with supernatural powers and with adventures of hero and heroine sounds interesting. Thanks for this beautiful review.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

๐Ÿ“•๐Ÿ“–๐Ÿ“ฐ๐Ÿ““๐Ÿ“•
1+Katherin
Favorite Book: Flight of Pegasus
Currently Reading: Alien in the Delta
Bookshelf Size: 41

Post by 1+Katherin »

Aluria by Tyler Cook Is the first of a trilogy. I have only had the pleasure of reading the free sample so far but what I have read has definitely caught my attention and imagination. It sounds like it would be worth reading. Since this is the first book of a trilogy it shows promise of what is to come. I hope I have the opportunity to finish the book and continue the story through the following books.

The book has an interesting premise. It appears to be a classic good vs. evil with dark magical powers manifesting into corruption of the hero's home town.

The one unexpected twist to such a story is the union of the hero and an ancient e.t. spirit. It's an original concept as far as I know.

This idea holds a lot of promise of possibilities. I hope I have the opportunity to continue this story.
Hephzi Lolami
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hephzi-lolami.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by Hephzi Lolami »

Thanks for the the awesome review. I'm all about superheroes and all so I would go for the book. Also, the reviewers description didn't leave me all that confused because I think what she means is that it's a heroic kind of novel where Jason, the guy in question wants to help even though he had to k are for a while so as to know how to control his power. Nice review.
Okechukwu Pius
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Okechukwu Pius »

Great story but the Arthur didn't stay where and when Jason went to train and learn how to control his power. The author didn't mention who thought him how to control his powers also.
murugijane2012+
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by murugijane2012+ »

I like the heroic in Jason of how he tried to save his girlfriend. The way Jason used his power to protect his family. he also got back his companies
Bewa
Favorite Book: Fifty Shades Darker
Currently Reading: Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades Trilogy #1)
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bewa.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Bewa »

Well I loved the review. After reading the review I am intrigued to go read the book too. I have never fancied myself to actually want to read science fiction but having the romance in it gives me interest. Well done.
everythingjules
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by everythingjules »

Aluria by Tyler Cook; I have to admit I wasn't exactly looking forward to reading the sample as science fiction is not my forte but you don't realize it's science fiction until Whap it has you -- and you're in!!!!
Mouricia Allen
Currently Reading: Covet (Fallen Angels Series #1)
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mouricia25.html
Latest Review: The Life Inside Maggie Pincus by David I. Billingham
Reading Device: B01N3UC27N

Post by Mouricia Allen »

This seems like a great book. I could see me reading to the end.
Pambillz8_
Currently Reading:

Post by Pambillz8_ »

Thanks for the review. I'm not a super hero fan but this is an interesting book.
Joy2thenations
Currently Reading: A Ton of Gold
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joy2thenations.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Joy2thenations »

Im a little confused, does Aluria have powers and becomes a part of Jason, or is Jason imbued with power from Aluria and also helps?
indianjaxon1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by indianjaxon1 »

Aluir seems to be a romantic storyline with some sadness in the coming pages. If a book doesn't catch my attention in the first few pages, I will not continue reading. This one had my attention when Jason realized he didn't know anything of his beautiful angel that he longed to be with the rest of his life.
He hated not having time to be with the love of his life and hated constantly being under surveillance by his family. All these mysteries are what makes me want to read more.
I read only 23% of the sample, mainly because its late and I feel a migraine coming on. I read this sample from Amazon and will download the kindle app on my tablet.
ladyTatia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by ladyTatia »

The first phrase in the first chapter got me curious as to how the story will go. I like the fact that I can somehow relate to what Jason felt on the first chapter. I haven' finished reading the book yet but it definitely made me want to finish it.
Gracie777
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gracie777.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Gracie777 »

I am not too much into novels about supernatural powers or heroes but from the review, it shows that there are other aspects of the book that are intriguing, especially the relationship between Jason and Tessa, when they are just getting to know each other, they are separated by tragedy and then in the end they still manage to be together and how Jason together with his new acquired friend, Aluria, is always putting his life on the line in order to protect Tessa.
Emma cherono
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emma-cherono.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Emma cherono »

It is so heroic for Jason to save Tessa, it is true love conquers all. Aluria is summoned to Jason's life because of his heroism. This is a great review it is presented in a fascinating way.
misslane1966

Post by misslane1966 »

I got the impression that the review was written by someone quite young, possibly teenaged. The general tone of the review seemed somewhat breathless, as if the reviewer was so excited to relay the information that it all came tumbling out at once. It did not inspire in me the desire to read the book. I don't mean to sound harsh, it wasn't really badly written. I just think the reviewer needs to slow down and take a couple of deep breaths before attempting to write.

Return to โ€œSci-Fi and Fantasy Booksโ€