Review by Thabang Amos -- A Kingdom Forgotten

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Thabang Amos
2019 Reading Goal: 15
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 46
2017 Reading Goal: 10
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 50
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thabang-amos.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Review by Thabang Amos -- A Kingdom Forgotten

Post by Thabang Amos »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Kingdom Forgotten" by Charles W. McDonald Jr..]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Many a times when one tends to read a book they often hope to find one that takes their breath away, this is exactly the type of book I found. A long awaited response to Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings and such types. An amazing book to say the least.

Written by Charles W. McDonald Jr is a book so rare to find that has an exciting yet intriguing name. A Kingdom Forgotten, is a work of true fictional genius where the need to fulfil one's true purpose clashes with one's ultimate lust and passion for power. The book addresses a world yet to be seen, a world where magic and technology concur parts of universes unknown and where the fate of all existence is placed into perspective.

The lives of Damon, Radin and Michael are followed with of notable sub characters that are as important as the main characters. Damon is a powerful and highly feared "man" who has set out a master plan that everyone around him wants to know, more over the numerous number of women in his life. One might be quick to call him evil but even that gradually seems to be unclear, yet his magical ability and knowledge is astounding.

Radin has a slightly uncomfortable past. The loss of his mother and the relationship he has with his father tend to be the driving forces behind his nature. A man of humbleness, kindness and one who is more powerful than he realises, bearing in mind he is a young man. He still hopes to find out his real purpose of his life.

Michael Anthony Day or should I say King, is an extraordinary human being who has the privilege of being a fairly young yet wise King whose's dominance is seen through the all so powerful sword that only him and his royal descendants used as rulers in their respectful times. He is a very courageous and fearless of even death.

The whole setting of the book is quite fascinating. The way it takes you on a magical journey around the different worlds and tells the story of all those involved in such a way that it displays how connected they are without individually overshadowing them. Most books tend to focus on one character and tell a story from their view point except this one.

McDonald displays and writes about a lifestyle and shows it in such a way that one sees the openness and connection of each character to one another. The role each character plays is fundamental, the descriptive nature of each person, area and planet allows access into that ideal world. I rate this book an outstanding 4 out of 4 Stars. It is by far the most amazing fantasy book I have read and therefore one has to appreciate it's creation and beauty. I am now overly eager to read the second book in the series. I recommend it to all Sci-Fi and fantasy book lovers or if your just a magic fan.

A Kingdom Forgotten
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like Thabang Amos's review? Post a comment saying so!

Spirit Wandering
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... bastian</a>
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spirit-wandering.html
Latest Review: JOURNEY - Becoming the Dream Walker by T.N. Bui

Post by Spirit Wandering »

I'm not sure how I missed this one but, from your review, it sounds likes I should add this to my want to read list. Thanks for the review.
Interested in books that help one's spirit move beyond the ordinary.

Thabang Amos
2019 Reading Goal: 15
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 46
2017 Reading Goal: 10
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 50
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thabang-amos.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Thabang Amos »

You should add it. It will be worth your time
Once you start reading it you won't want to stop