Official Review: The Carbynarah Chronicles by Jon Franklyn

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Acwoolet
Favorite Author: Karen Kingsbury
Favorite Book: Gone With the Wind
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-acwoolet.html
Latest Review: Touching Time by B. W. Haggart
fav_author_id: 6216

Re: Official Review: The Carbynarah Chronicles by Jon Franklyn

Post by Acwoolet »

It sounds like a good book. Hopefully the author will have it re-edited. Thanks for the great review!
micoleon13
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-micoleon13.html
Latest Review: Sandusky Burning by Bryan W. Conway

Post by micoleon13 »

While I do like the occasional fantasy series, this sounds like a lot of characters to keep track of. It's a shame about the editing, but I'm glad you enjoyed it. Great review
chozella
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by chozella »

Dragons..wizards ..erm...fantasy genre....um...no. not me. Add the grammatical errors and that's just it for me. I can't read such a book.
Agawyne
Bookshelf Size: 36

Post by Agawyne »

Am intrigued by your review not only because of the different building of characters but because I love dragon books too. This reminds me of Soundless by Richelle Mead
monitos3
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by monitos3 »

I am new to reading for a book club, but your review has tickled my interest i will definitely add to my reading list, I do hope the grammar errors are corrected soon, as it may affect the feeling of the book. thank you for the review.
Alice Heritage
Review Team Guidelines Team Leader
Favorite Author: Wilkie Collins
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
Currently Reading: 50 Masterpieces of Gothic Fiction
Bookshelf Size: 379
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-heritage.html
Latest Review: Dissonance by Aaron Ryan
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 1
fav_author_id: 1
Signature Addition: Mod

Post by Alice Heritage »

How interesting that the writer describes the build up to the battle from different characters' points of view. A lot of work has gone into the world-building, including the list at the beginning. It's a shame the errors were a problem.
This post was brought to you by the word "specifically".
Mod
CaitlynLynch
Currently Reading: Conquering Writer's Block and Summoning Inspiration
Bookshelf Size: 3245
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caitlynlynch.html
Latest Review: The Hand That Feeds You by Amos Cartell
Reading Device: B01AZ7LQ00

Post by CaitlynLynch »

Sounds like one for the epic fantasy fans - 600 pages is a bit more than my attention span these days, I have to confess.
Wesono
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 407
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wesono.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by Wesono »

This book needs commitment and patience to finish reading
Reliscie
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Reliscie »

Yron has no idea that magic could cause lightning, and neither did I, but this event kicked off what was a magically delightful novel. The author has keenly developed the world of Carbynarah, a place that rivals Narnia. As much as Yron likes learning about magic his teacher doesn’t fully avail him to one striking detail: in Carbynarah, Magic Users are killed or jailed. How does Yron handle this revelation is what drove me to “The End.”

If you’re looking for a book that starts off fast and fantastic and offer a new fantasy plotline with a twist, this book is the one to read.
Peaceful Reader +
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Peaceful Reader + »

I love how your review gave just enough information about the book to give me a good understanding of the story line, and still leave me asking questions. The Carbynarah Chronicles by Jon Franklyn is definitely being added to my reading list. I'm especially excited for the first chapter which you said had you on the edge of your seat. I normally perfer more realistic books, but you added that The Carbynarah Chronicles is told from several different view points, and I like books that tell me the story from multiple perspectives. Overall, your review was very thorough. It told me both the good things about The Carbynarah Chronicles by Jon Franklyn, like the suspense and the excellent narrative, and the bad things, like the grammatical errors. I hope I get to read more reviews from you in the future. Thank you for taking the time to write such a well thought review! 😊
Linnea Tanner
Favorite Book: Apollo's Raven
Currently Reading: Shadow of the Raven (Book I of Sons of Kings trilogy)
Bookshelf Size: 354

Post by Linnea Tanner »

Thank you for the in-depth review of The Carbynarah Chronicles by Jon Franklyn. It sounds like it may be an interesting epic fantasy based on the first few chapters I read on Amazon. However, your comments the scene shifts every few pages to different points of views and there are quite a few grammatical errors makes me hesitate to read such a long story.
VictoriaOgun
Currently Reading: The Lightening Thief
Bookshelf Size: 56

Post by VictoriaOgun »

A 600 pages interesting fantasy book about magic, dragons,war,wizards etc will be an interesting read, the grammatical errors should be worked on. Great review
Seraphia Bunny Sparks
Currently Reading: Lying Lainey
Bookshelf Size: 653
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seraphia-bunny-sparks.html
Latest Review: The Undying Queen of Ur by Abraham Kawa & Arahom Radjah
Reading Device: B01J94T4R2

Post by Seraphia Bunny Sparks »

Thanks for the interesting review! I am an avid fan of fantasy novels, and this book sounds like one I'll enjoy!
Frenjie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 165
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-frenjie.html
Latest Review: "The Dancing Barber" by AC Michael

Post by Frenjie »

Having written a detailed review, it goes to show that you've thoroughly read the book, by heart. I like your description of how the story started (with a bang) and ended (with a great surprise that left you speechless) and having intriguing switching of charactes in between. These elements made the story interesting to me (less the editorial issues) so I'm going to have it on my want to read list.
" Desire is the starting point of all achievement, not a hope, not a wish but a keen pulsating desire which transcends everything." - Napoleon Hill
Latest Review: "The Dancing Barber" by AC Michael
ktrae910
Currently Reading: Bad to the Bone
Bookshelf Size: 7569
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ktrae910.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William E. Combs

Post by ktrae910 »

I’m with Gunnar on this one. Too many funny names and spelling/grammar errors would drive me crazy. Think I’ll pass on this one.
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William E. Combs

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”