Official Review: The Carbynarah Chronicles by Jon Franklyn

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Re: Official Review: The Carbynarah Chronicles by Jon Franklyn

Post by Quinto »

Sounds like an interesting epic fantasy story. I also wonder what they are fighting over. Great review.
violet-trey19
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37

Post by violet-trey19 »

Carbynarah Chronicles is fascinating epic fantasy novel by Jon Franklin.Its about magic,battles and dragons.Good review. :no-spoil:
Pennybutterfly8
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Pennybutterfly8 »

I went through the first half and darn I thought I was reading chapter one. I was stuck with the meaning of how this was going to play out. I didn’t get it.
melni
Favorite Book: Swept Away
Currently Reading: Higher Is Waiting
Bookshelf Size: 1275

Post by melni »

Wow, all the talk about the ending has me interested in reading this book, although 600 pages is a bit long. I also enjoy books about dragons and hope that the slow spots don't put me off. Thanks for the review!
N_R
Favorite Author: James Mace
Currently Reading: Happy Healing
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-n-r.html
Latest Review: Kiwi Jacks by Hairy Jack
fav_author_id: 21042

Post by N_R »

Wow this sounds like a long read! Typically I'm not very interested in reading about magic and mysticism but jumping between characters is interesting and can add character and layers to a book.
akeseh
Currently Reading: Heads Will Roll
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akeseh.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty

Post by akeseh »

I wonder how the impression will be, reading a book of ever 600 pages with lots of characters. I will try. Thanks Jon Frankly.
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
Ana Njeri
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ana-njeri.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Ana Njeri »

Lovely Review. I am not a fan of such books, but the title of the book got me interested to read it. Your review convinced me to add it to my reading list
A ship is safe in the harbor but that's not what ships are for. So be the person outside the box, get out of your comfort zone, that's the person you want to be.
TIGER999
Currently Reading: The Haunting of Winchester Mansion Omnibus
Bookshelf Size: 146

Post by TIGER999 »

A good long fantasy epic of a book that is the first in a series. For fans of this genre, it's sure to bring hours of fun, adventurous enjoyment. Thanks for a fun review!
Leyla
Currently Reading: Banished Threads
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leyla.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Leyla »

I see this book has captivated you! Good review! I have it on my to read list
ReyvrexQuestor Reyes
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Raven's Peak</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 299
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reyvrexquestor-reyes.html
Latest Review: Journey by Lindsay Schuster
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by ReyvrexQuestor Reyes »

This book seems interesting as I gathered from your review. The characters are quite well developed and the storyline building up to culminate at the end, though a cliffhanger, as you said. Thanks for your comprehensive review. You have whetted my appetite for the book.
"In the beginning was the word.........John 1:1"
...To delineate the times that lovers miss,
...A thousand dreams can't beat a single kiss.

-reyvrex (Love Sonnet 107)
kfwilson6
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Lord of Chaos
Bookshelf Size: 298
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfwilson6.html
Latest Review: The Stone Wall Crossing by Alice Schellhorn Magrane
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by kfwilson6 »

kislany wrote: 09 Nov 2017, 03:29 [Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Carbynarah Chronicles" by Jon Franklyn.]

While I did appreciate the alphabetical Index at the beginning of the book to help the reader learn more about the land of Carbynarah and its people, I really missed a map of the entire area, which is usually present in most epic fantasy novels. When the Yemenite army and the fleeing population were marching across the lands to reach the plateau of Benflyn Dor, I would have liked to follow their route along on the map.
I just signed up to review this book and it does now include a map at the beginning of the book! Maybe our reviews really do make a difference. I'll have to see if the grammar and typos have been corrected since you posted your review. I'm glad to see you enjoyed this book overall. I really love fantasy novels and this reminded me of The Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind (highly recommend) which I finished not too long ago. I was sad when I finally finished it because it's about 17 books and was quite the adventure. Hoping this is on par with that series.
maggiechap
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maggiechap.html
Latest Review: The Cult Next Door by Elizabeth R. Burchard, Judith L. Carlone

Post by maggiechap »

Definitely sounds like some editing could be done, i don't think that this piece would be for me as I enjoy pieces a bit shorter. But well done on your review. Sounds interesting enough, but I just don't know if I'd be able to buy into it with all the mistakes. Nice review though!
Kailani_Fox
Currently Reading: The Navigator II
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kailani-fox.html
Latest Review: Going Gone by Abraham Lopez

Post by Kailani_Fox »

The Carbynarah Chronicles is captivating, with its brilliantly detailed plot line and well-rounded characters. Author Jon Franklyn creates an exciting, easy-flowing story that engages the reader from the first word to the final sentence. Mixing mystery and fantasy together flawlessly, the Carbynarah Chronicles is a novel like no other, sure to keep you hooked until the very end.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”