Official Review: Temptation Trials Part II by B. Truly

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Re: Official Review: Temptation Trials Part II by B. Truly

Post by Quinto »

Romance in an authoritarian regime is unique and noteworthy. I would like to read the book.
dragonet07
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 23031">The Beauty of the Fall</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1718
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonet07.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by dragonet07 »

This book sounds like a slightly more adult version of Hunger Games but with the focus on love and lust rather than politics and freedom. It sounds very interesting, although I'm more intrigued by the dystopian and political aspects than the romance. Thank you for the great review.
The more that you read,
The more things you will know.
The more that you learn,
The more places you'll go.
~Dr. Seuss
Chitopogi
Currently Reading: the marvelous adventures of gwendolyn gray
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chitopogi.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Chitopogi »

Good review of a nice book. This book deals with romance in the future where arranged marriages are mandated by law. This concept has never been done in the west. But in the East or the new world, arranged marriages are already the tradition in many countries. Nevertheless, I will be reading it to see if there are new inputs to this concept. :tiphat: :techie-studyingbrown:
tarafarah7
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">tuesdays with Morrie</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1437
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarafarah7.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2544

Post by tarafarah7 »

Your review was well-written and super helpful! Thank you so much! I am not much one for the romantic or Sci-Fi genres, but this steamy read sounds like it will definitely generate quite a bit of interest! I have downloaded my copy in case I change my mind. Thank you to the author for making it free and congratulations!
CrescentMoon
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crescentmoon.html
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey

Post by CrescentMoon »

This sounds like a really interesting read. I really want to know what these new twists and revelations are. I like that it's a blend of romance and dystopian. Great review!
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey
Zelinda
Favorite Book: The Swallow
Currently Reading: Of Illusions and Inkwells
Bookshelf Size: 689
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zelinda.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew da Vinci by Belle Ami
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Zelinda »

I loved that you called this a beautiful book. Having only read the first few chapters, I’m not sure that’s how I would describe it at this point. So reading your words inspires me to continue reading. Your review also piqued my interest because I love dystopian novels. Politics is also another one of my interests. Of course the theme of love helps too.
“In books I have traveled, not only to other worlds, but into my own.”
― Anna Quindlen, How Reading Changed My Life
CaitlynLynch
Currently Reading: Conquering Writer's Block and Summoning Inspiration
Bookshelf Size: 3245
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caitlynlynch.html
Latest Review: The Hand That Feeds You by Amos Cartell
Reading Device: B01AZ7LQ00

Post by CaitlynLynch »

This sounds like a really intriguing and different take on dystopian romance! Thank you for an excellent review!
Vickie Noel
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 86063">Are you afraid of the dark</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 868
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vickie-noel.html
Latest Review: Modern Day Cowboy by Nathaniel Sheft
Reading Device: B01C9JZEBO

Post by Vickie Noel »

Isn't it funny that a corrupt government has nothing better to do than go about imposing arranged marriages? No wonder the reference to George Orwell. Would have loved to see how both ladies overcome their hurdles but the explicit content's got me scrambling for the hills. Thanks though, for an awesome review.
Stop waiting for what you WANT, start working with what you HAVE. --- Seth Cain
Never be bullied into questioning your own credibility. --- Vickie Noel
Bookish Veenita
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Bookish Veenita »

This is very detailed review. Unfortunately I have not yet read the first book so I can't tell how this second part is. But if George Orwell is mentioned and I am quite accounted with his books like 1984 I can say this book will great too. And after I read this I would love to write my opinion about it too. :wink: :techie-studyingbrown: :techie-studyinggray:
Chelsy Scherba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jordan David
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 837
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelsy-scherba.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
fav_author_id: 64963

Post by Chelsy Scherba »

This sounds like a great book for dystopian and romance fans. Due to the explicit content though, I won't be reading.
Butterflybookworm
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 2392
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-butterflybookworm.html
Latest Review: The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by Butterflybookworm »

This book sounds like the perfect mix of science fiction and romance. Definitely going on my to read list!
Butterflybookworm
:bookclub-square:
TIGER999
Currently Reading: The Haunting of Winchester Mansion Omnibus
Bookshelf Size: 146

Post by TIGER999 »

Not a big fan of dystopian romance or series...but for those who are, grab this FREE Book2 of Temptation Trials series. Amazon says it's a 2-book series, but you, the reviewer, indicate that the story will be continued in the next book of the series, & that there are still many questions to be answered at the end of this book. Wondering: are there more to come? Thanks for the review.
ReyvrexQuestor Reyes
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Raven's Peak</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 299
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reyvrexquestor-reyes.html
Latest Review: Journey by Lindsay Schuster
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by ReyvrexQuestor Reyes »

This book deals with the feelings of the lovers, being tried in their faithfulness to each other. I think the result would be misleading in as much as the lovers were drugged and put in situations that would test their limits at chastity. In effect, the government loaded the lovers with chemicals, maybe some aphrodisiac and quartered them separately with a new roommate. You could just imagine this situation similar to what we do to mice, pairing them with a mate of our choice then induce them to be ready for breeding. Now, the sweethearts when reunited, will ask each other if they were tempted to have sex with other partners. And the sweethearts were even shown a video of how their loved one got tempted to have sex. I stopped reading at this pont. I feel it quite unfair to the woman being subjected to the amorous approaches of other males, with all the stimuli, place, license, etc, all provided and sanctioned by the government, to find out how long will it take for the woman to spread her legs.
"In the beginning was the word.........John 1:1"
...To delineate the times that lovers miss,
...A thousand dreams can't beat a single kiss.

-reyvrex (Love Sonnet 107)
akeseh
Currently Reading: Heads Will Roll
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akeseh.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty

Post by akeseh »

As long as there are no sexual scenes, this will be a good book. A good review.
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
jennyd2003
Currently Reading: Kind Nepenthe
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennyd2003.html
Latest Review: The Witch of Endor by RK Wheeler

Post by jennyd2003 »

Sounds like a really good book. I'll have to make time for it.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”