Official Review: Keeper's Quest by Paul Wesley La Canfora

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Azeline Arcenal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zenalei7.html
Latest Review: Christmas in the Kingdom of Kool by Joan J. Harris

Official Review: Keeper's Quest by Paul Wesley La Canfora

Post by Azeline Arcenal »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Keeper's Quest" by Paul Wesley La Canfora.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Keeper’s Quest by Paul Wesley La Canfora is the second book of the Legend of the Memory Keeper series. I read and did a book review on the first book of the series, and I was fortunate enough to be able to do a book review on this book. I would highly recommend that readers read the first book before reading this one. The author uses both new and old characters, so it is helpfully to know who the old characters are. The author doesn’t really describe what happened in the previous book, so new readers will be a little lost when reading this book. Also, the story takes place directly after the events that happened in the first book, so I would recommend reading the second book right after reading the first book.

Porey, the Memory Keeper, is sent by Reminiscent to go on a mission to help another world named Premise. At first, he has no idea of what world he is being sent to and how the people are like, but as he starts to meet and interact with the locals, he realizes that something weird is going on in the towns. Porey desperately wants to help the citizens of Premise, but he knows he can’t do it alone. With the help of his new and old friends, he manages to find the source of evilness in Premise. Not only is his old nemesis, Crook, back again, but Porey has to deal with a new villain who seems to be even worse than Crook.

Once again, the author did a wonderful job in creating a believable world. What I enjoyed the most out of this book were the mysteries surrounding the world of Premise. I was intrigued by many of the unusual occurrences of the world, like why horses were forbidden and who the strange creatures that tried to capture Porey were. Since there are four worlds and this book mainly focuses on one, the author did a great job in making a connection between the world of Premise and the other worlds as well as their significance on each other.

Moreover, in the second book ,Porey learns a lot of new things and meets a lot of new friends, but his growth as a character wasn’t as much as it was in the first book. He is still a very relatable character because even though he is unsure about many things, he has faith and keeps on moving forward. The secondary characters, like Everest and Kimble, were also instrumental in helping Porey complete his quest, and I feel like that most of the secondary characters played a more important role in this book than the first book.

Just like the first book, I easily noticed many allegorical elements of Christianity. This added a unique element to the novel, and it was well done since it wasn't overbearing or overused. I also noticed a few spelling mistakes and grammatical errors, but they didn't detract from the book.

Overall, I rate this book a 4 out of 4 stars. I enjoyed reading and figuring out the mysteries of the world of Premise, and I found the interactions between the characters to be interesting. I recommend this book to readers of all ages, especially to those who like to read sci-fi/fantasy novels.

Keeper's Quest
View: on Bookshelves

Like ZenaLei7's review? Post a comment saying so!
“The only important thing in a book is the meaning that it has for you.” - W. Somerset Maugham
MsTri
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Miranda Ann Markley
Favorite Book: The Spirit Seeds Book 1
Currently Reading: the Secret of Safe Passage
Bookshelf Size: 1033
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mstri.html
Latest Review: Suddenly Free, Vol. 1 by Yvette Carmon Davis
Reading Device: B07HZHJGY7
fav_author_id: 225682

Post by MsTri »

Sounds like a very intriguing book; I love the idea of all those mysteries in Premise, not to mention the Christian allegorical aspects. I haven't read the first one, though, so I guess I'd better start there... Thanks for the introduction to Keeper's Quest!
Azeline Arcenal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zenalei7.html
Latest Review: Christmas in the Kingdom of Kool by Joan J. Harris

Post by Azeline Arcenal »

MsTri wrote:Sounds like a very intriguing book; I love the idea of all those mysteries in Premise, not to mention the Christian allegorical aspects. I haven't read the first one, though, so I guess I'd better start there... Thanks for the introduction to Keeper's Quest!
Thanks for reading!
“The only important thing in a book is the meaning that it has for you.” - W. Somerset Maugham
Mercelle
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 10262">The Wisdom and Peace of the Teachings of the Tao Te Ching</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercelle.html
Latest Review: The Future of Finance and Money by K. Braeden Anderson

Post by Mercelle »

Awesome review. This book sounds interesting. Because you recommend reading the first book first, I'll take your advice.
"The minimum requirement for a dream is a safe place to lay your head."
~OluTimehin Adegbeye
Piyali27
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-piyali27.html
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Piyali27 »

Great review! I liked the plot, will definitely add it to my want to read list, along with the first book. :)
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare
VanessaAisel
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vanessaaisel.html
Latest Review: "A Kingdom Forgotten" by Charles W. McDonald Jr.

Post by VanessaAisel »

Seem like this may be the kind of mysterious book, or rather set of books, that I need to investigate. Thanks for your review!
The only escape to my pain is within the lives of storybook characters.
~Me~
Latest Review: "A Kingdom Forgotten" by Charles W. McDonald Jr.
Kat Berg
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Raven's Peak</a>
Currently Reading: James Baldwin
Bookshelf Size: 223
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kat-berg.html
Latest Review: Why Am I Here by Melvin Bell
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Kat Berg »

The name of the book and the cover are well chosen and I am glad to hear that what is inside the cover is a delight to read. Thanks for the review!
Kalin Adi
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kalin-adi.html
Latest Review: French for Girls by JP Wright

Post by Kalin Adi »

I love when authors do a wonderful job in building worlds! I haven't read this book, but based on what you've mentioned Mr. Wesley has accomplished just that. I'll add this book and the previous one to my 'to read' list. Thanks for this fantastic review!
Spirit Wandering
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... bastian</a>
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spirit-wandering.html
Latest Review: JOURNEY - Becoming the Dream Walker by T.N. Bui

Post by Spirit Wandering »

Thanks for outlining that the book should be read as part of the series and not as a stand alone novel.
Interested in books that help one's spirit move beyond the ordinary.
NUSURA GILBERT NZOWA
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by NUSURA GILBERT NZOWA »

I like it

-- 27 Nov 2017, 09:50 --

I like it

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”