Official Review: The Quantum Cartographer

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Re: Official Review: The Quantum Cartographer

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

Sounds like a interesting dystopian read. Even though it may not be of my genre of interest, I found the plot entertaining. Thank you for sharing!
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
Fancies_
Currently Reading: The Quantum Cartographer
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Fancies_ »

Its an amazing dystopian fiction. The time travel is amazing and fantastic. The review captured my attention and then the book itself blew my mind away. Great Job :D
wilsonvs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by wilsonvs »

The title of the book led me to believe it was time travel but the cover wasn't as drawing to me; however, after I read your review I can't wait to read the book. Thank you for this interesting look into these characters I haven't even met yet.
Jkhorner
Currently Reading: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Bookshelf Size: 421
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jkhorner.html
Latest Review: The Stipulations of the New Covenant by Ralph E. Bass, Jr.

Post by Jkhorner »

This sounds like a really interesting book! I’m glad it was edited so well. You’re right; that’s a rarity for books on this site. Thanks for the great review!
don lee
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by don lee »

The Quantum Cartographer
In chapter one, Kristen describe a very courageous woman,a quick thinker and focused woman, Eliza. The activities of this woman make the story feel lively and a real action like. :clap: :clap:
mosero
Currently Reading: Bud by the Grace of God
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mosero.html
Latest Review: Unbalanced by Courtney Shepard

Post by mosero »

Thank you for this review, I see a lot of adventure in the story. I would love to read it in search for the same experience you went through.
kaitling1
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by kaitling1 »

One of my favorite genres of books, with time travel to boot? Your glowing review has piqued my interest! Will be checking it out.
Farmgurl1
Currently Reading: In the Shadow of the Master
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-farmgurl1.html
Latest Review: Betrayal of Justice by Mark M. Bello
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Farmgurl1 »

After reading the review this book sounds interesting. The time travel and sci-fi combination sounds exciting. Also the review describes various characters that seem likable and humorous. I admit science fiction is not my favorite genre but this book could be on my maybe list.
HedgeWitch
Currently Reading: Raven's Peak
Bookshelf Size: 22

Post by HedgeWitch »

I agree, The Quantum Cartographer, is not a book I would read. Me not being a sci-fi person, the book was still very exciting starting when Eliza starred at the butcher knife. I'm thinking she's crazy to go for it, only to find out she had it all planned out. I was also on the edge of my seat hoping she got away, wondering what would happen next. I would watch a movie of the book if it was just as exciting and adventurous as the book.
Cwynn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cwynn.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by Cwynn »

Thank you for previewing the characters as well as the action. I agree that time travel narratives can get confusing quickly (as can much sci-fi), so I am glad to read that the confusion cleared quickly for you. It also helps to have engaging characters to follow and that sounds like what readers can expect here.
jaliper
Currently Reading: The Healer
Bookshelf Size: 598

Post by jaliper »

Hmmm. This sounds very interesting. I'd love to give it a try even if time travel is not my thing. But who knows? I might like it. Thanks for the review!
Melchi Asuma
Currently Reading: Patch Man
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melchi-asuma.html
Latest Review: The Roving Mind: A Modern Approach to Cognitive Enhancement by Anthony Simola
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Melchi Asuma »

I know this book is a good book. Mainly because I can sense the enthusiasm in this review and partly because of the intrigue behind the name and the concept behind the name.
MA
Tbaughan214
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Tbaughan214 »

I'm usually not a sci-fi reader, however this seems to be not only sci-fi but suspence. Eliza is running from her past at the same time trying to embrace her son's future. I'm in suspence to learn where her son is from and how she and the proctor are connected. Therefore I believe I will be reading the whole book at some point.
Uche Balogun
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uche-balogun.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by Uche Balogun »

I'm usually careful about the reviews I read, so as not to stumble on spoilers, but your review of this book gives just the right amount (of information) away, it makes me want to read the book.
Good job, kislany.
kittypodz
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by kittypodz »

I found the first few pages very jerky, but I love the premise. Does the dialogue and writing even out?

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”