Review of World Tour

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Veronica Hunter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veronica-hunter.html
Latest Review: The Templeton-Miller Dynasty by AK Cooper-Elliot

Review of World Tour

Post by Veronica Hunter »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "World Tour" by Mike Sherer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

World Tour by Mike Sherer is a science fiction novel where a tour operator who is a former football player takes a woman and her infant child on a world tour, visiting several famous sites around the world. Uzmahndey, the former NFL player whose career was cut short due to a knee injury, now runs a tour agency based in Hawaii. A woman named Angela first books a tour to the site of the most active volcano in the world, which is in Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, but after that trip and Uzmahndey swallowing what seems to be Cheerios but is not that, their business relationship continues beyond this first tour. This strange group made up of a human, a robot, and a half-alien human, along with an AI disguised as a stuffed dinosaur, goes around the world placing xenobots at strategic portals where other beings called extremophiles used to come to the earth. 

World Tour is a well-crafted adventure novel where science meets alien invasions and Greek mythology. There are beings who are cohorts of Gaia, and they claim to have been protecting the earth for ages. Meanwhile, Angela and her father claim they have come to liberate mankind and save the earth. Uzmahndey sees a different reality from what he considered possible: pregnancy maturing within hours and growth that would have taken years, taking place under weeks. What was previously considered impossible is now possible with this new alien technology. This story is one of love, family bonds, and a quest that will either save the world or enslave it and make way for aliens to take over the world. 

My favorite character in the novel is Angela. Her motherly nature and care for the children she gives birth to are some of the things that make her my favorite. Though we see different states of her throughout the book, it is important to note that her character did not forget one of the fundamental reasons for which she was created: to take care of the children.

I really enjoyed the book; the story was beautifully written, and the characters played their roles well, though the ending was not the sweet ending I was looking forward to, which was the only thing I didn't like about the book. Apart from the bittersweet ending, the entire novel was captivating, emotional, and a real page-turner. The book was appropriately divided into chapters that were appropriately named after the sites that they visited on their world tour. I commend the editor for doing such an exceptional job of ensuring the book was free of grammatical and typographical errors. 

I rate the book 4 out of 5 stars. It was a compelling novel, but it fell short of a perfect score because of the ending. Aside from that, it's a fascinating tale. I recommend this book to lovers of science fiction.

World Tour
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 1027
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Severed Roots by Nego Huzcotoq
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

Wha interesting things for Uznahndey to discover. He probably thought that when his NFL career was over that he was finished with anything fun. Oh, how wrong he seems to have been. This sounds like a very entertaining read. Thanks!
Loner Pen
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-loner-pen.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Loner Pen »

Hey there! Having read this fantastic review, I must say that "World Tour" by Mike Sherer sounds like a captivating science fiction read. With its blend of alien invasions, Greek mythology, and the striking adventures of the tour group, this book keeps readers hooked until the end. Despite the bittersweet ending, the well-written story, compelling characters, and great editing make it a worthwhile choice. Overall, it appears to be an intriguing and enjoyable read for science fiction enthusiasts. Compelling conflict, drove the story forward.
Loner Pen
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-loner-pen.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Loner Pen »

This review of "World Tour" by Mike Sherer highlights the captivating storyline filled with science fiction, alien invasions, and Greek mythology. The reviewer praises the well-crafted adventure and the intriguing characters. However, they express some disappointment with the ending. Overall, it appears that this book would be an enticing read for science fiction lovers. Masterful storytelling, kept me enthralled.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”