Review of The Worst Ship in the Fleet

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Abraham Ozo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 139
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abraham-ozo.html
Latest Review: From Drift to SHIFT by Jody B. Miller

Review of The Worst Ship in the Fleet

Post by Abraham Ozo »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Worst Ship in the Fleet" by Skyler Ramirez.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Worst Ship in the Fleet by Skyler Ramirez is a fictional action adventure with a touch of comedy, a story of space battles, crimes on naval warships, and mystery. The story follows the life of Brad Mendoza, whose naval career was ruined after an incident he was involved in claimed the lives of hundreds of civilians. Brad is forced to start all over after losing almost all he had and being posted to a location where nothing ever happened. He meets the beautiful Jessica Lin, who also has hidden reasons why she was posted to Gerson. Will Brad recover from the memory of the incident that cost him everything, or will he find a new life worth living in Gerson? Grab a copy of this book to find out about the life that awaits Brad.

Brad Mendoza’s experience drowned him in guilt and regret. Lin, though not in a similar case with Brad, also had memories that often weighed her down with regret. Brad suffered a lot from this and just carried on with life, never expecting anything else from it, but something sparks his interest when he arrives at Gerson, and now he has another course that he has to live for.

I really liked how the author was able to tell the story of Brad in a very simple but yet interesting and captivating way. Brad’s story can serve as a message of hope to those who might have given up on life due to one or more bad occurrences that they feel responsible for. It’s possible to find hope in little and unexpected things that seem like they don’t matter. 

I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars because I enjoyed reading it. There was no boring scene, as the author made sure to include a lot of humor in his book. There was nothing to dislike in this book. I could barely find any grammatical errors while I read through the book; hence, it was exceptionally edited.

I recommend this book to lovers of fictional books that include themes like space battles, action, sci-fi, and related themes. Also, readers who may not enjoy lengthy books but would still want the full reading experience of action and space battles would love this book. This book is suitable for both mature readers and younger audiences.

The Worst Ship in the Fleet
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Leona Rodrigues
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leona-rodrigues.html
Latest Review: Come What May by Marie Fostino
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Leona Rodrigues »

Abraham Ozo wrote: 31 May 2024, 02:36 [Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Worst Ship in the Fleet" by Skyler Ramirez.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Worst Ship in the Fleet by Skyler Ramirez is a fictional action adventure with a touch of comedy, a story of space battles, crimes on naval warships, and mystery. The story follows the life of Brad Mendoza, whose naval career was ruined after an incident he was involved in claimed the lives of hundreds of civilians. Brad is forced to start all over after losing almost all he had and being posted to a location where nothing ever happened. He meets the beautiful Jessica Lin, who also has hidden reasons why she was posted to Gerson. Will Brad recover from the memory of the incident that cost him everything, or will he find a new life worth living in Gerson? Grab a copy of this book to find out about the life that awaits Brad.

Brad Mendoza’s experience drowned him in guilt and regret. Lin, though not in a similar case with Brad, also had memories that often weighed her down with regret. Brad suffered a lot from this and just carried on with life, never expecting anything else from it, but something sparks his interest when he arrives at Gerson, and now he has another course that he has to live for.

I really liked how the author was able to tell the story of Brad in a very simple but yet interesting and captivating way. Brad’s story can serve as a message of hope to those who might have given up on life due to one or more bad occurrences that they feel responsible for. It’s possible to find hope in little and unexpected things that seem like they don’t matter. 

I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars because I enjoyed reading it. There was no boring scene, as the author made sure to include a lot of humor in his book. There was nothing to dislike in this book. I could barely find any grammatical errors while I read through the book; hence, it was exceptionally edited.

I recommend this book to lovers of fictional books that include themes like space battles, action, sci-fi, and related themes. Also, readers who may not enjoy lengthy books but would still want the full reading experience of action and space battles would love this book. This book is suitable for both mature readers and younger audiences.

The Worst Ship in the Fleet
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
This book sounds interesting!! As an adventure lover, I would surely like to read it.
You may not be the center of the entire world, but you are the center of your own world.
Chi Chiu Michael Mak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chi-chiu-michael-mak.html
Latest Review: The Employee Millionaire by H. J. Chammas

Post by Chi Chiu Michael Mak »

Brad's character seems to resonate with people experiencing loss, regret, and self-doubt due to consequences they are (or aren't) responsible for, eager for redemption. I'm sure they'd like to experience his transformation in the story.
I write the best reviews possible. :idea2:
Yin Jiang
Currently Reading: The Undercover Economist Strikes Back
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yin-jiang.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Yin Jiang »

I like how you described the storyline in detail without any spoilers. It looks like I will need to pick up a copy of this book to find out what happens to Brad and how he deals with emotional loss. Thank you!
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Fantastic Voyage II
Bookshelf Size: 441
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Writing for the Vialins by Anna Yusuf
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 56%

Post by NetMassimo »

Mixing drama and humor is tricky and the author of this novel seems to have been successful in creating a space opera with a protagonist full of guilt and regret that also contains a lot of humor. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Charmaine Mahlangu
Favorite Book: Defining a free man from a black stream
Currently Reading: Save the Last Bullet for God
Bookshelf Size: 95
2024 Reading Goal: 500
2024 Goal Completion: 18%

Post by Charmaine Mahlangu »

This sounds interesting . It looks adventurous and enjoyable according to your description. With books like this I hardly even touch them because the cover screams "war". I might just read this one. Well done on a great review.
Be yourself and nothing less

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”