Review of Tyrants, Tormentors and the Tiara

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Princewill Uchenna
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-princewill-uchenna.html
Latest Review: Final Act by Van Fleisher

Review of Tyrants, Tormentors and the Tiara

Post by Princewill Uchenna »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Tyrants, Tormentors and the Tiara" by James J Meadows III.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Tyrants, Tormentors, and the Tiara by James J. Meadows narrates the tale of four evil sorcerers who coincidentally decide to take down an unknown enemy at the same time. To do this, they must form a tenuous alliance and work together against their individual wishes. Along the way, an unforeseen turn of events redirects their attention to a greater cause, and they find themselves saving the enemy they had initially formed an alliance to destroy.

This book tells the story of how four sorcerers with mutual hatred for one another went from not being able to stand the sight of each other and even going as far as taking a blood covenant not to hurt each other to genuinely looking out for each other, forming inseparable bonds, and one of them eventually giving her life for the rest of the team. Together, they embarked on a deadly adventure that would change the course of their lives forever.

I loved how detailed and vivid the descriptions of the scenes were in this book. The author paid a great deal of attention to making every scene look real and bringing the characters to life. I also loved the fact that the book was filled with a lot of life lessons, such as making sacrifices, building team spirit, and the beauty of genuine friendships. Worth mentioning is the author’s ability to perfectly switch between scenes without mincing words or creating any form of confusion. I absolutely enjoyed reading this piece, and the part I found most captivating was when Darien said, "The greatest dangers confronting humankind are not tyrants, tormentors, or the tiara; the true dangers are those who can prevent evil but do not."

As much as I enjoyed reading this book, I found the constant use of meaningless magic words quite distracting, and I didn’t really enjoy the constant battle of spells. I also found a few grammatical errors. Aside from these minor dislikes, the book was an amazing read that would keep readers on the edge of their seats.

I’d rate this book four out of five stars. I removed a star because of the issues mentioned above. The book was nicely edited, although I found some errors while reading it. I recommend this book to lovers of dark magic, adventure lovers, and those who cherish the bond built through friendship.

Tyrants, Tormentors and the Tiara
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Nwachukwu Somto
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwachukwu-somto.html
Latest Review: Embrace the Challenge by Akwasi O Ofori

Post by Nwachukwu Somto »

Tyrants, Tormentors, and the Tiara’ by James J. Meadows sounds like an intriguing fantasy adventure! The transformation of the four sorcerers from bitter enemies to reluctant allies, bound by unforeseen circumstances, promises a captivating read. I'm particularly drawn to the vivid descriptions and the depth of character development portrayed in the story.
Julius Peters
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julius-peters.html
Latest Review: Quando Dormo by Edward Izzi

Post by Julius Peters »

Through the characters' journey, the book delivers valuable life lessons on sacrifice, teamwork, and the true meaning of friendship, leaving a lasting impact on readers long after the final page.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Fantastic Voyage II
Bookshelf Size: 441
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Writing for the Vialins by Anna Yusuf
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 56%

Post by NetMassimo »

The premise of the four sorcerers forging an unwanted alliance is intriguing and the story seems well developed despite the flaws you pointed out. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
SunVixen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunvixen.html
Latest Review: Tau Ceti: A Ship from Earth by George T. Hahn

Post by SunVixen »

I like fantasy books with complex and unusual plots. And this one has such a funny title!
Thanks for the great review.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”