Official Review: 30th Century: Escape

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Phikim
Favorite Book: Skills of the Warramunga
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 189
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phikim.html
Latest Review: "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger

Re: Official Review: 30th Century: Escape

Post by Phikim »

Good review though I am not sure whether this was for me. I like sci-fiction but this one is not up to my taste. Otherwise congrats on being BOTD.
Latest Review: "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger
tamdlyte
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ittersweet: Sanctuary (Part 1 of 3)</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 295
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by tamdlyte »

Seems like the author wanted to cover all the bases here. Futurist sci-fi erotic time travel mixed with grief and a job to save humanity. Woo Hoo!
Nonso Igbokwe
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Nonso Igbokwe »

(30th century escape by Mark Kingston Levin, phd) his review, was centred on fiction, adjustment, travel, of the nature of changing world and Comparison between the past , present and the future.
Dorine Obado
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Dorine Obado »

Sounds like an interesting book. I would definitely consider put this in my want to read shelf but I'm kind of skeptical about it, especially where the story loses its point for a little while. Otherwise the book sounds good. Awesome review by the way
Mehedi Parvez
Favorite Author: Mehedi Parvez
Currently Reading: Make The Dirt Fly
Bookshelf Size: 151
fav_author_id: 73470

Post by Mehedi Parvez »

I read this book. I usually like book that is on travel,that is better with author imaginative own tell . The name of Jennifer (given name) also pleased me, I like to read it again well.
sunshinedee
Currently Reading: The Emerald City of Oz
Bookshelf Size: 29

Post by sunshinedee »

This book Escape by Mark Kingston Levin is quite an interesting story about science and technology in a high level. It's quite good and interesting, a mixed kind of story.
Vickie Noel
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 86063">Are you afraid of the dark</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 868
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vickie-noel.html
Latest Review: Modern Day Cowboy by Nathaniel Sheft
Reading Device: B01C9JZEBO

Post by Vickie Noel »

Sounds interesting. Too bad the sexual encounters and archaeological details are too much and unneccessary. Glad you enjoyed the book, though.
Stop waiting for what you WANT, start working with what you HAVE. --- Seth Cain
Never be bullied into questioning your own credibility. --- Vickie Noel
Quartz
Currently Reading: Outlander
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quartz.html
Latest Review: Purgatory's Angel by B Hughes-Millman

Post by Quartz »

I recently just joined Online Book Club, and this book has been on my “Want to Read” list since. I am intrigued by the plot line, and I’ve looked at some reviews saying it was good. I’ll definitely have to give this book a try then.
Marlzky
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Marlzky »

I just finished reading the book, reaching the 34 chapters takes me 3 days not bad for a first time ebook reader right? Thanks to this book it get me back to my hobby of reading, seems its story about trans-time influence me to get back to my old years, oh I am a book lover before, I missed that part of me. On my first day I started to read its first two chapters, due to my curiosity of the mysterious and intriguing character of Jennifer it leads me to get back to story in the second day reading it until chapter 20 and because I have great interest on sci-fi it gets me to willingly spend my free time in the third day, that gets me to finally finish reading it. To be honest, I really appreciate the author all the characters in his story he makes are all totally inspiring in their own field of expertise and interest. This book is such a very smart masterpiece. Is the author like Jennifer has an IQ level almost like her? Or does he closely considered himself like the character of Jules in the story? And oh knowing I am an Asian, it makes me feel not an outcast while reading it. In oh to add up specially, knowing I am from Philippines whom still having some conservative practices, values and traditions, my questions about my sexuality which I think I am bisexual gives me some ideas and answers. I even liked the story because of its being so open-minded on the reality. Oh I do envy Jennifer, Lacy, Erita,Alice, Anne and Jill for their freedom about their sexuality, how I wish I can meet those kind of people in my life, to guide me, to assist me, and oh I do feel how each them are so genuine. For me as a person who still in the closet, I can say that this book is such a great help, do comforting in some way. Oh I have so much more to say about this book and the author but to make it short I can say that this is a very recommendable book for everyone specially on this modern days whom descrimination is still an issue, whom people still has big question about time travel. Thanks for this book my ever wish to visit Hawaii in the future which I knew very impossible to happen in my life now surprisingly seems brought me already there, and to any other side of the world. I wish like the characters in the book, I can also have the chance to travel and explore other places outside the country. To end this, I love this book soooo much. I will keep it forever if possible. Thanks to the author he brings me back to be a book lover again.
Rajib_Hossain
Currently Reading: 30th Century: Escape

Post by Rajib_Hossain »

It felt like Im into a different world. There's so much to information in this book, which is really great. It makes me read more and more eaxh day. Time travel and adventure takes place everytime i sat down to my favorite couch. Definitely it's a 4 star for me.
Marlzky

Post by Marlzky »

I agree with you Rajib ^_^ it's a book that full of excitement!
BookHausJ
Currently Reading: Health Tips Myth and Tricks
Bookshelf Size: 667
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookhausj.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Post by BookHausJ »

I have a different imagination of the 30th century. Since Christianity is fast growing, I can imagine how people become more logical and perhaps God fearing if not all. So sex exploitation is far from this century. Nice review! Thanks!
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs
Profleks

Post by Profleks »

It must be a mind bolstering book but until I read it, no conclusion!
Tvinab3384
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by Tvinab3384 »

Thank you for this very detailed review on what to expect when reading "30th Century Escape" by Mark Kingston Levin. This is definitely my kind of book with its many twist and turns as you say. Can't wait to read this one. Though I will make a suggestion out to you to connect with the author if you could on those characters and story plots within the book that could stand alone as a book itself. Who knows a back series to this would be great starting with Jennifer's partner. Thank you again for the review.
johlisaspivey

Post by johlisaspivey »

I give the book a strong 3 out of 5 because it's not a book I would be so excited to read but it wasn't horrible. Overall I think l could see this being something people would be interested in watching on television because I visual a lot of the stuff I read. But it's not something I love an was deeply engaged in but it was still a good book. When I read a book I want to be drawn in eager to read more I wasn't super engaged. I like that it has some romance in it.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”