Official Review: The Bellringer by William Timothy Murray

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Leyla
Currently Reading: Banished Threads
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leyla.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Re: Official Review: The Bellringer by William Timothy Murray

Post by Leyla »

Your review was more interesting to read than the sample on Amazon. I like how your choice of words made the book sound good.
Umm_Zahra
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 0686">From Drift to SHIFT</a>
Currently Reading: Breaking Point
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-umm-zahra.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by Umm_Zahra »

Fate is fickle, they say. It's visible in the transformation of Robby from a an ordinary store clerk to a person of import. The Bellringer gives you action in the early pages to keep you eager to read the rest of the book. Sounds fun and good job with the review.
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

I like the well developed storyline and a strong willed female character. I would want to follow on this fantasy adventure story. Thanks for a great review.
britt13
Currently Reading: the last of the really great wangdoodlea
Bookshelf Size: 165
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-britt13.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by britt13 »

I very much enjoy books that create well developed characters. This has me excited to read this book! Fantasy is not my favorite but I love adventure so I think this will be a good match for me!
Fibonacci
Currently Reading: The Sex Tourist
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fibonacci.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Fibonacci »

The forces of good and evil are unleashed when a bell was accidentally rung...sounds like a great book...Nicely written review
Joy2thenations
Currently Reading: A Ton of Gold
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joy2thenations.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Joy2thenations »

Sounds like a captivating read! Thanks for sharing about one of your favorite characters. I may just have to give this a read.
TIGER999
Currently Reading: The Haunting of Winchester Mansion Omnibus
Bookshelf Size: 146

Post by TIGER999 »

Fun fantasy adventure romance! Not into series, but if you are it'll provide many hours of excitement to follow the characters on their bell-ringing adventure! Thanks for a fun review!
lindamoffitt02
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 957
Reading Device: B07TMJ1R3X

Post by lindamoffitt02 »

I'm glad to see it had a nice even pace I tend to think Fantasy books are rushed with too much hard to understand information and can become confusing. Thanks for sharing your review, you made it sound even better.
:techie-reference: Mrs. Linda Moffitt
Mercelle
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 10262">The Wisdom and Peace of the Teachings of the Tao Te Ching</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercelle.html
Latest Review: The Future of Finance and Money by K. Braeden Anderson

Post by Mercelle »

The Pandora's box concept of this story makes it interesting. I wonder how Robby Ribbon's life changed after ringing the bell.
"The minimum requirement for a dream is a safe place to lay your head."
~OluTimehin Adegbeye
Fatima70
Currently Reading: The Mighty Blue Saves Christmas
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Fatima70 »

Thank you for a thorough and all encompassing critique. Miracles touching upon the life of a commoner and waiting to be awakened past glories, as recollected from the story, seem like an interesting pick. What's the age group that you would suggest for the book's readership?
murimiwriter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by murimiwriter »

Review of The Bellringer by Thomas Murray
The setting of the book is in a land of fantasy.
Robby is sent on an errand by his father and his uncle Saheed to deliver a parcel to a person that lived far away. He is accompanied by his uncle for part of his journey and then they part ways. To Robby, this is both an exciting and terrifying part of his life since he has never been free to move about and be away from home for a long time, terrifying because he has once been there and the day did not turn out very well for him.
His journey is rigged with misfortune and bad luck.
At a river where he eats he starts seeing things which terrify him. Strange sounds accompany the strange surroundings. The misfortunes do not cease there;two roads appear instead of one and he chooses the wrong road.
Rain is falling and he has to find shelter and fast. Reaching the much spoken about bridge, he doesnt turn back but wants to exolore more.
In the process he encounters foxes that seem keen on turning him into dinner.
Through the lightning flashes, he sees an escape route through the forbidden woods and he takes it.
What happens next...

The book is a good read and relatively a good purchase on Amazon that is worth your time and money. I personally rate it four out of four stars.
chozella
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by chozella »

I read the sample and this book is awesome! I'm going to read it! This from a person who has only read one fantasy book in all my 44 years! It's not my usual genre.
Miles1972
Favorite Book: The Bellringer
Currently Reading: Make The Dirt Fly
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Miles1972 »

This novel makes you question the mind and imagination of the writer. The grandfather was very wise in his beliefs of the world.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”